Michael Brown.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Interesting response from Snopes.

And to the poster above, prolly is spelled and said probably.
It was "different" but until somehow it is shown to be 100% accurate it is out of mind and done
Old 02-08-2015, 08:07 PM
n/a

You know, I started to say, "Why are we still bring him up?" I"M. GLAD. YOU. POSTED. THAT. Guess anyone won't have to put up with that punk ass thug anymore, especially the small, old and frail as he was so good at beating up.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
You CAN edit your own posts. Click on the Edit Post button in the bottom right corner. Edit your post and click Save.
No 'edit' button in my posting area despite notice on bottom of page indicating I 'may edit'. Do have buttons to 'quote post', 'multiquote off' and 'quick reply'.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:24 PM
n/a

Snopes.com said, "Since Brown's death in August 2014, several rumors have circulated about him that have later been proved entirely false: one involving his supposed arrest record, another claiming he had gravely injured Officer Darren Wilson, and one displaying a photo of gun-wielding murder suspect Joda Cain that was touted as depicting the "real Mike Brown."
Read more at snopes.com: Mike Brown Beating Video

Snopes.com said the video was false and cited several things about how it could not be Michael Brown.

I am not a fan of Michael Brown by any means but less of a fan of posters who go for the sensational without backup citatations.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Snopes.com said, "Since Brown's death in August 2014, several rumors have circulated about him that have later been proved entirely false: one involving his supposed arrest record, another claiming he had gravely injured Officer Darren Wilson, and one displaying a photo of gun-wielding murder suspect Joda Cain that was touted as depicting the "real Mike Brown."
Read more at snopes.com: Mike Brown Beating Video

Snopes.com said the video was false and cited several things about how it could not be Michael Brown.

I am not a fan of Michael Brown by any means but less of a fan of posters who go for the sensational without backup citatations.
It is fun to guess what posters are who. Your post is very typical of most of your writing.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:59 AM
n/a

Michael Brown was not an angel. I don't think anyone ever said he was. His death was a catalyst. Young black men are tired of being harassed for no reason other than the color of their skin. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, there is still racism in America. Until the day comes when all law enforcement officers treat black and white youth equally, Fergusons are going to happen. Both the deaths and the rioting.

What occurred in this video is an obscenity, plain and simple. However, I'm with Snopes. This does not look like Brown. The kid is big but Brown was bigger. Brown was lighter skinned. The biggest tell, though, was the earrings. Brown never had his ears pierced.

It might be worth checking something like a YouTube video for facts before posting it here. YouTubes are not known for their veracity.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
No 'edit' button in my posting area despite notice on bottom of page indicating I 'may edit'. Do have buttons to 'quote post', 'multiquote off' and 'quick reply'.
Oops! Just noticed that there is no Edit Button on my posts either. I guess it is because we are all logged in as Guest and the system cannot tell one Guest from another.

Sorry for the misinformation.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
Michael Brown was not an angel. I don't think anyone ever said he was. His death was a catalyst. Young black men are tired of being harassed for no reason other than the color of their skin. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, there is still racism in America. Until the day comes when all law enforcement officers treat black and white youth equally, Fergusons are going to happen. Both the deaths and the rioting.

What occurred in this video is an obscenity, plain and simple. However, I'm with Snopes. This does not look like Brown. The kid is big but Brown was bigger. Brown was lighter skinned. The biggest tell, though, was the earrings. Brown never had his ears pierced.

It might be worth checking something like a YouTube video for facts before posting it here. YouTubes are not known for their veracity.
You bet your sweet bippy we have racism and so sadly the president and the attorney general made it much worse by not handling this situation in a way that not all of us felt protected. They rallied the folks who acted in such a way that more and more of us lost respect for the behavior of the mob. That isn't how black people act or white people act or Asian or anyone acts to gain positive attention to their problem

And as for the veracity of this tape, who knows? It looks like him and the one that truly WAS him,showing him bullying the small shop keeper who he probably stole from all of the time make it look like he was a big bullying kid. AND if he were white and behaved in the manner described to a police officer, punching him in his police car, he would be one dead white kid.

I feel so bad for my friends who are black who worked awfully hard to be successful with so many strikes against them, so much prejudice, so many hurdles, and now because it is hard to ignore burning, stealing, destroying, they have more to overcome, again.

There is a right and wrong way to do anything.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
You bet your sweet bippy we have racism and so sadly the president and the attorney general made it much worse by not handling this situation in a way that not all of us felt protected. They rallied the folks who acted in such a way that more and more of us lost respect for the behavior of the mob. That isn't how black people act or white people act or Asian or anyone acts to gain positive attention to their problem

And as for the veracity of this tape, who knows? It looks like him and the one that truly WAS him,showing him bullying the small shop keeper who he probably stole from all of the time make it look like he was a big bullying kid. AND if he were white and behaved in the manner described to a police officer, punching him in his police car, he would be one dead white kid.

I feel so bad for my friends who are black who worked awfully hard to be successful with so many strikes against them, so much prejudice, so many hurdles, and now because it is hard to ignore burning, stealing, destroying, they have more to overcome, again.

There is a right and wrong way to do anything.
It has also become the "in" thing to be called a racist as well, and that does not serve those who truely are suffering from prejudice
Old 02-09-2015, 10:48 AM
n/a

And the biggest question is would he have been stopped if he had been a white kid? Would the police officer have shot a white kid in the exact same circumstances? We'll never know.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
And the biggest question is would he have been stopped if he had been a white kid? Would the police officer have shot a white kid in the exact same circumstances? We'll never know.
Do not want to continue this conversation again, BUT I, AND THE WORLD KNOW he attacked a police officer in his car, was a suspect in a strong arming, and I could care less if he was black, green, purple or whatever, HE put HIMSELF in a situation that had no good ending.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
You're kidding right?

If a white kid high on drugs had robbed a store, roughed up the owner and then walked in the middle of the street ... and then beat up on the cop and then later ended up charging the cop head down ... you ask would the white kid have been shot?

Absolutely.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.