Mitch McConnell; crony, establishment, business as usual politician

Old 03-10-2017, 10:42 AM
n/a

Default Mitch McConnell; crony, establishment, business as usual politician

McConnell would not last in corporate America one year.
He is typical of why the US government is useless and ineffective.

When a person can come out and tell us almost 6 months in advance that it is not going to happen, that is what you get when people are politically driven and unaccountable.

In my experience, show me an executive that can only tell you why something cannot be done, I will show you an incompetent who has been in the job way beyond any rationalization.

A true, can do executive would at a MINIMUM come out and tell you what needs to be done to make it happen.

And therein lies the problem. These are not executives in any way shape or form. NONE! They are lawyer trained, wordsmiths, unaccountable for any actions taken and not taken.

No recourse or reaction from anybody for not doing the job.

This is why some of us voted for Trump.

Mitch McConnell; incompetent incumbent:

McConnell: Tax reform unlikely by August | TheHill
Old 03-10-2017, 11:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
McConnell would not last in corporate America one year.
He is typical of why the US government is useless and ineffective.

When a person can come out and tell us almost 6 months in advance that it is not going to happen, that is what you get when people are politically driven and unaccountable.

In my experience, show me an executive that can only tell you why something cannot be done, I will show you an incompetent who has been in the job way beyond any rationalization.

A true, can do executive would at a MINIMUM come out and tell you what needs to be done to make it happen.

And therein lies the problem. These are not executives in any way shape or form. NONE! They are lawyer trained, wordsmiths, unaccountable for any actions taken and not taken.

No recourse or reaction from anybody for not doing the job.

This is why some of us voted for Trump.

Mitch McConnell; incompetent incumbent:

McConnell: Tax reform unlikely by August | TheHill
So you prefer a lie from Trump instead of truth from McConnel ?

Has anything Trump promised that has to be done without executive order even been discussed?
Old 03-10-2017, 11:09 AM
n/a

Interesting to note how President Trump trashed...I mean he flat out tore the jobs and unemployment numbers to shreds. Said they were all made up lies.

TODAY, after 50 days in office, he is singing the praises of what HE has done to make them better....same repot...same people doing them.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:17 PM
n/a

OP, I generally agree and that is why term limits should be number one on the list to do. I wonder why nobody is talking term limits or about reducing the deficit and they won't be until the next election.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
OP, I generally agree and that is why term limits should be number one on the list to do. I wonder why nobody is talking term limits or about reducing the deficit and they won't be until the next election.
Bingo...very disappointing. Hoping for growth but I cannot see enough to cut into that deficit at all.

Here is where honesty and character comes into play.

We will be given numbers, etc, and if they are not true we continue down the same road.

That is not a specific condemnation of Trump because both sides do it, but he and his crew are in a strange habit of lying and then doubling down on that lie.

Spending and deficit are big items for me, followed by jobs. What I am seeing with reduced regulations in such a haste, is another bubble being built and then having it burst.

I think jobs are here to be had...we need to be talking about training.

On spending, I endorse cost cutting, but not as proposed.

I am also concerned that already the GOP is telling us not to believe CBO numbers. When you do that in advance, that is like an alarm in advance. I also recall some of the GOP quoting CBO when opposing ACA.

I endorse Improved health insurance coverage and lower costs but I find it more and more difficult to believe what I hear.

I think, and hope, what MConnel was referring to in citing Aug was the budget talks
Old 03-10-2017, 02:23 PM
n/a

And yet Kentucky keeps voting him back in! Ugh!
Old 03-10-2017, 02:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Bingo...very disappointing. Hoping for growth but I cannot see enough to cut into that deficit at all.

Here is where honesty and character comes into play.

We will be given numbers, etc, and if they are not true we continue down the same road.

That is not a specific condemnation of Trump because both sides do it, but he and his crew are in a strange habit of lying and then doubling down on that lie.

Spending and deficit are big items for me, followed by jobs. What I am seeing with reduced regulations in such a haste, is another bubble being built and then having it burst.

I think jobs are here to be had...we need to be talking about training.

On spending, I endorse cost cutting, but not as proposed.

I am also concerned that already the GOP is telling us not to believe CBO numbers. When you do that in advance, that is like an alarm in advance. I also recall some of the GOP quoting CBO when opposing ACA.

I endorse Improved health insurance coverage and lower costs but I find it more and more difficult to believe what I hear.

I think, and hope, what MConnel was referring to in citing Aug was the budget talks
The numbers shouldn't be believed...inflation, unemployment, crime, etc...full of lies and misrepresentation.

Tags
show, usual, politician, business, establishment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.