Mitt Romney also seems to be in the 1950s with respect to Russia.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:38 PM
n/a

Default Mitt Romney also seems to be in the 1950s with respect to Russia.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/us...bate.html?_r=1
Old 05-12-2012, 01:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
You believe Putin and Russia our friend??.........do you really??
Old 05-12-2012, 01:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
You believe Putin and Russia our friend??.........do you really??
He is not an enemy nor is Russia. Vladimir Putin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia They compete with us and do also have to protect their borders from aggressors. Putin Signs Decree Seeking Closer U.S. Ties, 'Firm Guarantees' On Missile Shield

This will be a very interesting topic in the debates.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
He is not an enemy nor is Russia. Vladimir Putin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia They compete with us and do also have to protect their borders from aggressors. Putin Signs Decree Seeking Closer U.S. Ties, 'Firm Guarantees' On Missile Shield

This will be a very interesting topic in the debates.
I think yours is a very naive view. Right this minute Russia may not be our enemy, but they are anything but an ally.

Russia is far closer to an adversary of ours in the world than anything else.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:39 PM
n/a

Default Do not see this enmity on anyone's part except for Mitt Romney.

I cannot see any real antagonism between the US and Russia in terms of leadership except for from Mitt Romney. That's fightening.

Russian-US relations : Voice of Russia
US Relationship with Russia - Russia and United States Relations
Russia Country Page
Old 05-12-2012, 04:58 PM
n/a

Your fear is your fear. I find Romney's concern with Russia a comforting thing. At least his eyes are open.

Maybe Moscow's former bureau chief of The Economist can enlighten you a little on the Russian situation, and the threat of Vladimir Putin.
http://www.powells.com/biblio?inkey=1-9780230606128-4
Old 05-12-2012, 05:25 PM
n/a

Default See China and North Korea being much more real problems in foreign affairs.

10 big questions for Obama, Romney on Asia - CNN.com
Old 05-12-2012, 06:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
CNN??; I have a feeling they don't think real highly of Romney in any aspect. Call it a hunch.

I rather know what the posters on this forum think. They can back up their printed thoughts with links they hope expand on their view of a subject, but just a lone link tells me little, and I tend to skip it.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:20 PM
n/a

Lets get real here....Russia is certainly nobody to trust. You have got to be kidding. You can post all the links you wish and frankly the last one has nothing to do much with Russia, HOWEVER, it is a good post and one that folks should investigate before voting this November.

May I offer this from current events...

"“There will probably be raised eyebrows in Washington,” Lilit Gevorgyan, a Russia analyst at IHS Global Insight in London, said today by phone. “His refusal may be taken as a sign that Russia under Putin will indeed be more inward looking and favor a tougher foreign policy.”

Putin

This quote was referring to the snub given to Obama and the US because Putin will not be coming to the Group of Eight conference here in the USA.

"The U.S.-led NATO project to build a missile shield in Europe is one issue that may raise tensions under the new Putin term. Russia says the shield, which should be fully operational by around 2020, is a threat to its national security and has demanded legal guarantees that the system will not be used against it."

Putin again takes reins of an agitated Russia - News from USA TODAY

MY QUESTION FOR YOU IS WHY YOU AIM THIS NOTE AT ROMNEY WHEN OBAMA HAS FAILED WITH RUSSIA ? WHY DO YOU NOT QUESTION HIM ?

you mention nowhere how he stands but I will be glad to share somethings.

This from last fall...

"Last week, the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee began confirmation hearings for Michael McFaul, nominated as U.S. Ambassador to Russia.

McFaul’s statements on U.S.–Russia relations expose the Obama Administration’s failing international strategy as well as disconcerting flaws in the President’s policy toward Russia.

McFaul is the architect of the much-publicized U.S.–Russia “reset.” For the Obama Administration, “reset” is simply another chapter in the doctrine of “leading from behind,” which Colin Dueck, a foreign policy scholar and professor at George Mason University, called “a policy of accommodation.”

Problems with Obama

There is a lot more out there, but you do not explain how Obama is handling Russia.

I will be honest, and I may be unfair, but this forum has absolutely no use for me if you dont discuss issues starting at a fair level. If every thread is be an test on Romney, FORGET IT. If you can discuss an issue without trying to put anyone on here on the defensive I am in but this is a very insincere thread made around finding another way to criticize Romney.

FRANKLY, Taltarzac725.....and I hope you take this the right way..report me if you want, but as a result of all these NON ISSUES....ROMNEY THIS AND ROMNEY THAT threads, I have put a number of folks on ignore and am this close to doing that to you...which I know will not hurt you but I just want you to know how I am accepting the crude attempts to discredit a man who is not even yet the candidate.

YES...I criticize OBAMA...he happens to be the President and makes policy...This is totally different.....these are talking points from Democratic readers in an attempt to go negative right away on Romney. I am not about to get sucked into yours and others games.

If you want a thread to discuss how we should handle Russia and thus we can compare BOTH policies...that is fine but I will not be a part of what some of you are trying to do.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Lets get real here....Russia is certainly nobody to trust. You have got to be kidding. You can post all the links you wish and frankly the last one has nothing to do much with Russia, HOWEVER, it is a good post and one that folks should investigate before voting this November.

May I offer this from current events...

"“There will probably be raised eyebrows in Washington,” Lilit Gevorgyan, a Russia analyst at IHS Global Insight in London, said today by phone. “His refusal may be taken as a sign that Russia under Putin will indeed be more inward looking and favor a tougher foreign policy.”

Putin

This quote was referring to the snub given to Obama and the US because Putin will not be coming to the Group of Eight conference here in the USA.

"The U.S.-led NATO project to build a missile shield in Europe is one issue that may raise tensions under the new Putin term. Russia says the shield, which should be fully operational by around 2020, is a threat to its national security and has demanded legal guarantees that the system will not be used against it."

Putin again takes reins of an agitated Russia - News from USA TODAY

MY QUESTION FOR YOU IS WHY YOU AIM THIS NOTE AT ROMNEY WHEN OBAMA HAS FAILED WITH RUSSIA ? WHY DO YOU NOT QUESTION HIM ?

you mention nowhere how he stands but I will be glad to share somethings.

This from last fall...

"Last week, the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee began confirmation hearings for Michael McFaul, nominated as U.S. Ambassador to Russia.

McFaul’s statements on U.S.–Russia relations expose the Obama Administration’s failing international strategy as well as disconcerting flaws in the President’s policy toward Russia.

McFaul is the architect of the much-publicized U.S.–Russia “reset.” For the Obama Administration, “reset” is simply another chapter in the doctrine of “leading from behind,” which Colin Dueck, a foreign policy scholar and professor at George Mason University, called “a policy of accommodation.”

Problems with Obama

There is a lot more out there, but you do not explain how Obama is handling Russia.

I will be honest, and I may be unfair, but this forum has absolutely no use for me if you dont discuss issues starting at a fair level. If every thread is be an test on Romney, FORGET IT. If you can discuss an issue without trying to put anyone on here on the defensive I am in but this is a very insincere thread made around finding another way to criticize Romney.

FRANKLY, Taltarzac725.....and I hope you take this the right way..report me if you want, but as a result of all these NON ISSUES....ROMNEY THIS AND ROMNEY THAT threads, I have put a number of folks on ignore and am this close to doing that to you...which I know will not hurt you but I just want you to know how I am accepting the crude attempts to discredit a man who is not even yet the candidate.

YES...I criticize OBAMA...he happens to be the President and makes policy...This is totally different.....these are talking points from Democratic readers in an attempt to go negative right away on Romney. I am not about to get sucked into yours and others games.

If you want a thread to discuss how we should handle Russia and thus we can compare BOTH policies...that is fine but I will not be a part of what some of you are trying to do.
my own opinion is that there are people in this forum who is intent is to shut down conservative discussion in the villages. I think that some of them if not most part troll's who do not live in the villages at all. They are welcome in these forums just like everybody else but I think we should be aware that this kind of political discussion has only started recently.

Just my opinion.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:08 AM
n/a

As we look at our relations with Russia during the Obama administration, there has every effort to 'reset' our relationship to use the phrase frequently expressed by the Obama foreign policy team. But what has come of this resetting? Before Bush left office he had reached agreement with Poland and the Czech Republic for a missile defense system intended to protect us from ICBM's from Iran.

In September of 2009, Obama cancelled these plans, complying with Putin's demands. In return for this Russia stepped up its aid to Iran's nuclear weapons program and continues to this day to supply arms and support to Syria. He rejected all call for sanctions on Iran to discourage them from proceeding with it's plans to develop nuclear weapons and the means to conduct a strike on Israel. Gee, I'm glad Obama reset our relationship with Russia, they've worked so hard to help us prevent a nuclear holocaust in the Middled East.

Now Obama tells Medvedev that, "He will be freer to work on missile defense systems after the election. Why after the election? What does he intend to do that would endanger his chances of reelection?

Obama overheard talking of ?flexibility? after election - Boston.com
Old 05-13-2012, 02:49 AM
n/a

Given a choice I would err on the side of a 50's type wary eye toward Russia.

I also believe the Russians and other countries of either significance or issues know the USA is a less formidable opponent than in the past. The more aggressive countries with the most to gain like Russia, China, Iran and North Korea know they can cross the line deeper and more often with little fear of retribution.

During world war II some of you may remember a famous quote attributed to Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, "I am afraid we have awakened a sleeping giant"...........well the giant has gone to sleep might be appropriate for today's politics!!

btk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.