Mitt Romney says he would repeal Obamacare as 1st priority

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Mitt Romney says he would repeal Obamacare as 1st priority

Romney fired his strongest salvo yet in his bid for President. I like where this is going and am looking forward to the debate, the attacks and the recriminations.

Now we're talking issues and not just sloganeering. I'm not in his corner yet, but I am definitely listening................ and smiling.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion...lth-care_n.htm
  #2  
Old 05-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Wasn't he the Governor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Romney fired his strongest salvo yet in his bid for President. I like where this is going and am looking forward to the debate, the attacks and the recriminations.

Now we're talking issues and not just sloganeering. I'm not in his corner yet, but I am definitely listening................ and smiling.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion...lth-care_n.htm
of Massachusetts when their legislature passed a bill that Romney signed creating a statewide healthcare program very similar to Obamacare? Just another issue for Mitt to do one of his famous flip-flops on. I mean he's changed his mind on practically every major issue since he began running for president in 2008, so why should this be any different? He's a man of real convictions.
  #3  
Old 05-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
of Massachusetts when their legislature passed a bill that Romney signed creating a statewide healthcare program very similar to Obamacare? Just another issue for Mitt to do one of his famous flip-flops on. I mean he's changed his mind on practically every major issue since he began running for president in 2008, so why should this be any different? He's a man of real convictions.
Ah yes, and if you say your 1st priority is to defeat "Obamacare" you are an instant Republican in good standing, and they all pat you on the back, tell you how wonderful you are and give you truckloads of money.

Why else would you declare such a 1st priority?
  #4  
Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I know; it's just unbelievable that a politician might change his mind and or misrepresent himself. I can't think why anyone in his or her right mind would vote for such a flip flopping candidate.

But he was elected President anyway!!!

Ladies and gentlemen; The top ten flip flogs of the President of the United States as compiled by the UK Telegraph (because the NY Times has it's fingers in its' ears and is going nah nah nah nah nah)

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ni...en-flip-flops/
  #5  
Old 05-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Richie! YOU? Quoting a *British* newspaper?

There are plenty of fair to slightly-biased arguments in that article.

The only real misleading one is #10 (about NASA and the Constellation program). The assumption you get from that is that Constellation was funded and a good program. The administration is going full-bore on exploiting the genius of some of our commercial space partners since guys like Elon Musk seem to be able to do what NASA used to do for a tenth the price and in FAR less time.
  #6  
Old 05-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It is no surprise that Richie quoted a British newspaper as a source.

It is no secret that Richie was invited to the Royal Wedding in London. By the way, Richie, William and Kate would like the receipt for the toaster you got them at Wal-Mart so they can exchange it for something else.
  #7  
Old 05-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Richie! YOU? Quoting a *British* newspaper?

There are plenty of fair to slightly-biased arguments in that article.

The only real misleading one is #10 (about NASA and the Constellation program). The assumption you get from that is that Constellation was funded and a good program. The administration is going full-bore on exploiting the genius of some of our commercial space partners since guys like Elon Musk seem to be able to do what NASA used to do for a tenth the price and in FAR less time.
The British are ahead of the curve in the matter of evaluating American Democrats in the print media. It been that way for a while now. Not much to disprove in the article and that's all that matters, isn't it?
  #8  
Old 05-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

A blog from a Murdoch newspaper is a "source?" Give me a break!
  #9  
Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogaman View Post
A blog from a Murdoch newspaper is a "source?" Give me a break!
content, content, content.
  #10  
Old 05-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I actually have always thought Romney would be a good choice as President. I have noticed a couple of postings, though, that say with Romney being a Mormon it may not sit right for the "religious right". Do you think that religion is still a factor in politics? I had known that Kennedy's detractors said stupid things like the Pope is going to rule America. We have seen the color barrier broken for President. Why would Mormonism be held against a capable person for the Presidency?
  #11  
Old 05-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Back in early April the Orlando Sentinel had a poll asking if you would vote to re-elect Obama and then asked two questions as to why or why not. Not surprisingly the No votes garnered 59% of the poll. What did surprise me was that 2/3rds of those saying No chose as a reason the Healthcare law over economy.
  #12  
Old 05-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The problem is that most don't really understand the benefits of the health care law. Most just listen to the talking heads criticize and fail to do any fact finding of their own. If people really understood that they benefit from the law they would come around to supporting it.
  #13  
Old 05-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I really do not think a President can repeal a law with a stroke of his pen. He could have it introduced in the House of Representatives (through one of his party) and it could advance to the Senate for a vote. If the required percentage (3/4, I believe) voted in favor of the repeal, it would be sent to the President for his signature.

This would take a whole lot of debate in both the House and Senate. The American public would see once again how Republicans are against healthcare for the elderly, the poor, the young, and the middle class. The losers would be Republicans.

So, in the unlikely event an intelligent Republican gets to be President, I do not think we have to worry about Affordable Healthcare being repealed.

All the political puffery is just that - it is POLITICAL PUFFERY.
  #14  
Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Tbugs, Obamacare can, like any other program, be killed by not funding it. There is a tendency to forget that one congress cannot impose its will on subsequent congresses. Despite all the talk, the 'border fence' is not being built because congress ceased funding it in '09.
  #15  
Old 05-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
I really do not think a President can repeal a law with a stroke of his pen. He could have it introduced in the House of Representatives (through one of his party) and it could advance to the Senate for a vote. If the required percentage (3/4, I believe) voted in favor of the repeal, it would be sent to the President for his signature.

This would take a whole lot of debate in both the House and Senate. The American public would see once again how Republicans are against healthcare for the elderly, the poor, the young, and the middle class. The losers would be Republicans.

So, in the unlikely event an intelligent Republican gets to be President, I do not think we have to worry about Affordable Healthcare being repealed.

All the political puffery is just that - it is POLITICAL PUFFERY.
It would be so much easier to understand if you would read the article, Bugs. Romney says he is going to issue executive orders allowing each state to individually "opt out"; in other words "to be granted waivers". The same waivers that your exalted ruler granted to all his union friends. That would take care of the problem immediately. He then would work with Congress and the Senate to repeal this immensely unpopular legislation.

America doesn't want this no matter how you try so hard to spin it.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ealth_care_law
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.