More double standars or less of the real story?

Old 05-05-2011, 10:02 AM
n/a

Default Rally sophmoric

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Of course he thinks I'm hateful, because I'm criticizing the man who "gives him thrills up his leg".
post. I thought you were above such nonsense. Guess I was wrong. Oh well.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:05 AM
n/a

Default George Bush Dignified?

Quote:
The attack on the Twin Towers was not, an attack on Obama. It was an attack on the United States of America. Obama tells us that this is not the time to "spike the football", and then this hypocrite decides to make political hay by planning a trip to the Towers site to place a wreath. A trip the enormously more dignified G.W. Bush declined to accompany him to. Even Bill Clinton has "scheduling conflicts".
Remember his mission accomplished stunt? Nice try.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
post. I thought you were above such nonsense. Guess I was wrong. Oh well.
Every once in a while I like to respond in kind. I at least went for some topical humor unlike the "names" I was called.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
Every once in a while I like to respond in kind. I at least went for some topical humor unlike the "names" I was called.
Amazing what passes for humor these days.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:37 AM
n/a

Default Only you would

Quote:
The attack on the Twin Towers was not, an attack on Obama. It was an attack on the United States of America. Obama tells us that this is not the time to "spike the football", and then this hypocrite decides to make political hay by planning a trip to the Towers site to place a wreath. A trip the enormously more dignified G.W. Bush declined to accompany him to. Even Bill Clinton has "scheduling conflicts".
condemn the president for going to ground zero to pay his respects and to show his appreciation to the first responders and the families of 9/11 victims. Shows how biased and out of touch you are. You lose more credibility and respect on this board every time you post your drivel.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
condemn the president for going to ground zero to pay his respects and to show his appreciation to the first responders and the families of 9/11 victims. Shows how biased and out of touch you are. You lose more credibility and respect on this board every time you post your drivel.
He went for his own self aggrandizement. Obama is the most self centered president in my lifetime. I thought no one could outdo Clinton in that department, but I was certainly wrong about that.

He still is doing no one a favor in not providing proof of bin Laden's death. So I have to assume it's for selfish reasons he's holding back.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...=all#pagebreak
Old 05-05-2011, 01:10 PM
n/a

Default Do I have to

Quote:
He went for his own self aggrandizement. Obama is the most self centered president in my lifetime. I thought no one could outdo Clinton in that department, but I was certainly wrong about that.

He still is doing no one a favor in not providing proof of bin Laden's death. So I have to assume it's for selfish reasons he's holding back.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...=all#pagebreak
post a link to the NY Times editorial lauding the president for not releasing the photo? Posting a link to any story in the Washington Times is not going to convince anyone who has an ounce of objectivity. You lack credibility because you are so predictable and so anxious to attack the president for everything he says or does. Most of your attacks are based on right wing propaganda you uncover on the internet. And btw, the firemen and police, etc in NYC were thrilled that the president came to see them today.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
post a link to the NY Times editorial lauding the president for not releasing the photo? Posting a link to any story in the Washington Times is not going to convince anyone who has an ounce of objectivity. You lack credibility because you are so predictable and so anxious to attack the president for everything he says or does. Most of your attacks are based on right wing propaganda you uncover on the internet. And btw, the firemen and police, etc in NYC were thrilled that the president came to see them today.
You got that backwards. If I posted a story by the NY Times, that would be the prejudicial or biased story. Who believes the propaganda of the slimy NY Times anymore. They don't even try to hide that they write every news story as an editorial.

I doubt the city employees that were there had much choice in the matter. Besides, unlike our duplicitous commander-in-chief, they earned the right to be there with humility and patriotism. Two words that don't apply to him.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:03 PM
n/a

Default Your hyperbolic biases

Quote:
You got that backwards. If I posted a story by the NY Times, that would be the prejudicial or biased story. Who believes the propaganda of the slimy NY Times anymore. They don't even try to hide that they write every news story as an editorial.

I doubt the city employees that were there had much choice in the matter. Besides, unlike our duplicitous commander-in-chief, they earned the right to be there with humility and patriotism. Two words that don't apply to him.
are silly and immature. You have nothing to substantiate such wild claims. Your criticisms are obviously based on personal animus, Remember Bush's mission accomplished stunt? That seems much more to fit your prejudicial biases about Obama's behavior.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
are silly and immature. You have nothing to substantiate such wild claims. Your criticisms are obviously based on personal animus, Remember Bush's mission accomplished stunt? That seems much more to fit your prejudicial biases about Obama's behavior.
ahh; the liberal fail-safe deflection to Bush and the misrepresented spin of the past. So predictable.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
ahh; the liberal fail-safe deflection to Bush and the misrepresented spin of the past. So predictable.
No more predictable than blaming everything that is perceived wrong with the entire world on the educated, highly intellectual, charismatic black man who happens to be the President of the greatest nation on earth. ... and that ISN'T descriptive of Conservatives in general. No broad brush here.

Xavier
Old 05-05-2011, 04:04 PM
n/a

Default Quite an exchange of words.

My computer screen just about caught on fire when I scrolled to the posts between Richie, Actor, and Xavier. What really gets me on this whole matter - I did not throw any gasoline on the fire!

I know the Washington Times very well from over 35 years in the DC area. It is a conservative fish wrapper to say the most of it. The Washington Post is not a lot better in the liberal market and the New York Times is about the same as the Washington Post.

Do not try and antagonize with generalizations of "highly educated", mission accompished, and others.

Do understand that the ultra conservatives and Democrats will never see the same thing when looking at the same thing. It is kind of fun at times to try and get each other's goat. I do it all the time. Let's try to be civil without basically calling each other morons for their beliefs.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:10 PM
n/a

Default Sorry, The New York Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
My computer screen just about caught on fire when I scrolled to the posts between Richie, Actor, and Xavier. What really gets me on this whole matter - I did not throw any gasoline on the fire!

I know the Washington Times very well from over 35 years in the DC area. It is a conservative fish wrapper to say the most of it. The Washington Post is not a lot better in the liberal market and the New York Times is about the same as the Washington Post.

Do not try and antagonize with generalizations of "highly educated", mission accompished, and others.

Do understand that the ultra conservatives and Democrats will never see the same thing when looking at the same thing. It is kind of fun at times to try and get each other's goat. I do it all the time. Let's try to be civil without basically calling each other morons for their beliefs.
certainly has a liberal bias, but is still a great paper. The Washington Times is as objective as a Sean Hannity broadcast. I prefer the NYT to the Post.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:15 PM
n/a

Quote:

Are you trying to spoil my fun. I've been learning from you on how to draw out the beast. Oh well, I'll try to be good now.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:29 PM
n/a

Default Believe Me, I Don't Take Any

Quote:

of this banter personally. I also enjoy getting the goat of some some of these folks, and don't dislike them for their crazy ideas.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.