More double standars or less of the real story?

Old 05-05-2011, 04:44 PM
n/a

Richi: If Obama went for self-aggrandizement, WHY did he invite Bush?
Old 05-05-2011, 05:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Richi: If Obama went for self-aggrandizement, WHY did he invite Bush?
To try to get his moment in the sun and wallow in his perceived glory with Bush as a guest. Bush is much too smart to become part of the Obama "victory" circus.

He'll never experience the raw emotion that greeted President Bush following the downing of the Towers. He'll never be the man that President Bush is.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:32 PM
n/a

Lets hope not.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:33 PM
n/a

Default You're full

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
To try to get his moment in the sun and wallow in his perceived glory with Bush as a guest. Bush is much too smart to become part of the Obama "victory" circus.

He'll never experience the raw emotion that greeted President Bush following the downing of the Towers. He'll never be the man that President Bush is.
of you know what. Bush smart? LOL.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:48 PM
n/a

It's ok guys....Richie revels in his delusions. He has a serious break from reality.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:58 PM
n/a

Never expected much from you guys and you don't disappoint.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:50 PM
n/a

Why would Bush go. Obama has a habit of inviting people and then bashing them, to their face. Think, Paul Ryan and the Supreme Court.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Never expected much from you guys and you don't disappoint.

It is pretty predictable....most of these folks simply come on here to entertain themselves with short little "shots" which I am sure they find so very funny..never a fact...never anything but smart cracks about other people. I suppose it must be nice to be on such a lofty perch looking down on all the schmucks.

They actually call people names..people who they could never measure up nor achieve as much, nor be even in the ballpark as a human being. My experience with people who have little pet names for people they dont like or disagree with is mostly with losers and children. I suppose that is what makes up what they call a troll on the net...looked up the definition...

TROLL...."v.) (1) To deliberately post derogatory or inflammatory comments to a community forum, chat room, newsgroup and/or a blog in order to bait other users into responding.

(2) To surf the Internet.

(3) To hang around a chat room reading the posts instead of contributing to the chat.

(n.) One who performs any of the above actions.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/troll.html

IT REALLY FITS THESE FEW who simply call out the names they think is so funny. Do you recall these kids in grade school ?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:41 PM
n/a

Bucco -

I thought a troll was one of the people who is in the troll booths on the Florida Turnpike.

Hope you had a great day in The Villages, Bucco, my friend. Just so many great things to do everyday. I played golf at Hawkes Bay and did reasonable well, the Cinco de Mayo celebration at Lake Sumter Landing was great, and a wonderful dinner at Thai Ruby. Have you tried the Thai Ruby Talapia? Ask for it with medium "heat" as it is too bland without any added spice; but excellent with the "medium heat". Just enough burn on the tongue to make it interesting.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:44 AM
n/a

Default Looks like a certain poster

was wrong- not unusual-about Obama's trip to NYC, and how he is perceived by the people there.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/f...wCCZ5io6LJej5L
Old 05-06-2011, 07:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
It is pretty predictable....most of these folks simply come on here to entertain themselves with short little "shots" which I am sure they find so very funny..never a fact...never anything but smart cracks about other people. I suppose it must be nice to be on such a lofty perch looking down on all the schmucks.

They actually call people names..people who they could never measure up nor achieve as much, nor be even in the ballpark as a human being. My experience with people who have little pet names for people they dont like or disagree with is mostly with losers and children. I suppose that is what makes up what they call a troll on the net...looked up the definition...

TROLL...."v.) (1) To deliberately post derogatory or inflammatory comments to a community forum, chat room, newsgroup and/or a blog in order to bait other users into responding.

(2) To surf the Internet.

(3) To hang around a chat room reading the posts instead of contributing to the chat.

(n.) One who performs any of the above actions.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/troll.html

IT REALLY FITS THESE FEW who simply call out the names they think is so funny. Do you recall these kids in grade school ?
I think a lot of readers of the Political Forum, a lot of people who don't post here much, either read and move on, because of the spirit of bullying, or read and dismiss much of what they read because of frequent references to online political theorists, or just plain decide that this isn't a place where much valid information is exchanged.

I often wonder how people would think and answer on their own on this forum just using logical thinking and an attempt to hear what the other person is saying. There is so much anger, and so much posturing and so much bullying that a lot of people who are interested in how this country is run just stay away.

But...that's politics.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
was wrong- not unusual-about Obama's trip to NYC, and how he is perceived by the people there.

You're referencing Andrea Peyser. Give me a break.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:19 AM
n/a

Default Andrea Peyser

Quote:
You're referencing Andrea Peyser. Give me a break.
is no liberal that's for sure.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post

Very nice article. Very mature.

Xavier
Old 05-06-2011, 10:22 AM
n/a

Remember Gracie to not tar the majority for the few that do fit the profile you post.

And you are 100% correct that we the people choose not to be involved because of the pandering, lying, cheating, partisan, special interest, self centered nature of politics. And that is the problem! And the incumbents thrive on that attitude.

btk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.