More racist stupidity in the guise of doing what is right????

Old 01-12-2016, 03:02 PM
n/a

Default More racist stupidity in the guise of doing what is right????

Since when does what is historically correct get to be changed just because some stupid executive wants to make his/her mark on what ever the hell they think they are marking?????

The following is self explanatory:

CBS' Nancy Drew Will Be Diverse - Hollywood Reporter

Reverse racism. Changing REALITY to make a point......the point being to keep stirring racism at every turn. Hiding behind the guise of diversity....BS!!!
Old 01-12-2016, 04:23 PM
n/a

Historically correct? Nancy Drew is a work of FICTION. You know -- made up, not true, not historically accurate. As far as I'm concerned, they can make Nancy purple with green polka dots. So long as there is a good story line, good acting, good writing, the general makeup of the characters is irrelevant.

One of my favorite characters is Lincoln Rhyme, created by Jeffrey Deavers. In the books, he is a Caucasian forensic scientist who just happens to be a quadriplegic. In The Bone Collector, a movie of one the series, Denzell Washington, played Lincoln. Worked for me, although he's still a white guy in the books.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:03 PM
n/a

You missed the point completely.

It most certainly had nothing to do with whether it worked for one or another.

But the fact that it was neccessary for what ever the intents and purposes.

Oh yeah, I do believe a fictional person can the traditionally, historically correct...or not.

That also was not the point of the post.

Another attempt to derail the subject. Can't even say nice try because....it wasn't!
Old 01-12-2016, 07:37 PM
n/a

Guess I missed the point, then. What possible difference does it make what race Nancy Drew is? I would prefer they pick the best actress for the role rather than specifically looking for someone who is "diverse." Regardless, I doubt this is being done to be PC but rather demographics.

And if you have issues with Nancy possibly being of color, why not take issue that they are aging her? And how about railing against Dr. Watson being an Asian woman in Elementarty?
Old 01-12-2016, 07:47 PM
n/a

I unfortunately do not have the answers only questions.

If, we are now going to legally enforce racial equality-in the name of fairness. OK, if you want to lie to yourself, we do not all read this as Black and White. Blacks are THIRTEEN PERCENT of the US population.

That is 13 in 100 SHOULD NOT BASKETBALL TEAMS BE LIMITED TO 13 out of every 100 players? Should all TV shows be limited to 7-8 our 100 actors. Before you bring up some show and I'm sure you can find some-WATCH STEVE HARVEY AND COUNT.

I hope someday we can not elect Obama and have his only value be that he is a BLACK president. THE SAD FACT IS THAT HE IS THE WORST AMERICAN PRESIDENT IN OUR HISTORY. Read these posts-Obama hitched his wagon to racisim. In 10 months he will be gone. Obama will not only leave this country with 10 trillion added to the national debt but with far more raicla tension then when he arrived.

For any of you that say let the rich pay. WAKE UP-READ. Social security owns 42% of the national debt. OBAMA SPENT 4.2 TRILLION OF YOUR MONEY WHENTHER YOU VOTED FOR HIM OR NOT.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:51 PM
n/a

Congress spent the money not President Obama. And what this has to do with Nancy Drew is beyond me. Get the friggin chip off your shoulder.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:02 PM
n/a

Reverse racism? Now, are we going to blame this on Obama that reverse racism never existed in the past?

Reverse racism goes way back. Did you know if you trace Obama's mother's ancestors, you will find Herman Melville was one of them? Talk about reverse racism, Moby Dick, the white whale, kills. Other whales don't kill humans, only white whales do. Whites are barbarians always have been, and always will be. How about this line in the book, "better to sleep with a sober cannibal than a drunken Christian". Talk about cheap shots!

We should keep all things historically correct. Al Jolson played a black jazz singer with king sized lips. We should have never changed this. Whites should always play blacks in the movies. History should never change from the distant past.

Poor Archie Bunker, he got stuck living in Queens. His neighbor, Jefferson, got to move to the upper East side. That is racism at its worst only blacks are upwardly mobile in Hollywood. Trump is an example of whites of this not being true. Whites from Queens can move all the way to president, and they don't even need Rev. Wright to do so.

There was one episode when Archie got stuck in the basement, and a black help him out. Archie thought he was dead and said upon seeing the black "Jefferson is correct. God really is black". To even suggest that God may be black is the worst kind of reverse racism.

In Platoon, all the blacks were fun loving Americans. The majority of the whites were southern racists. The other whites were either killed or a targeted to be killed by the southern racists.

Planet of the Apes - black monkeys rule the earth. Whites can't even talk. This is reverse racism of the highest order.

In the original version of Jaws, a black woman swimmer was the first one to be killed. However, sharks don't like dark meat, and black women can't swim. So, they had to change the swimmer to a white woman. This makes complete sense, since Martha's Vineyard is almost totally white. So, they went with being historically correct. Hollywood isn't all bad.

If you think that I am making fun of you, I am.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:02 PM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest;1170789]I unfortunately do not have the answers only questions.

If, we are now going to legally enforce racial equality-in the name of fairness. OK, if you want to lie to yourself, we do not all read this as Black and White. Blacks are THIRTEEN PERCENT of the US population.

That is 13 in 100 SHOULD NOT BASKETBALL TEAMS BE LIMITED TO 13 out of every 100 players? Should all TV shows be limited to 7-8 our 100 actors. Before you bring up some show and I'm sure you can find some-WATCH STEVE HARVEY AND COUNT.
QUOTE]

Absolutely right!

Why not have ALL professional sports teams have the same percentage of racial makeup as whatever city/region they are from. However, the players would have to be residents of that city/region for 5 years before playing on a pro sports team.
Just think, the Miami Heat would have to have 20 percent Cuban-American players, San Diego Padres would have to have 30 percent Mexican-Americans, etc.

Also, read the thread posted a few days ago about the musical called Hamilton. The Founding Fathers are played entirely by Blacks and Latinos. Wow! Call the Tea Party! Un-American!
Old 01-13-2016, 10:07 AM
n/a

Consistently missing or more like avoiding the point of the post!
Old 01-13-2016, 10:54 AM
n/a

I understand that they are seeking a black actor to portray Jewish-American Al Jolson, the singer/actor that made the black painted face popular in yesteryears. I believe they are going to do a white face version of him, since the black paint is obviously not going to have a proper effect.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I unfortunately do not have the answers only questions.

I hope someday we can not elect Obama and have his only value be that he is a BLACK president. THE SAD FACT IS THAT HE IS THE WORST AMERICAN PRESIDENT IN OUR HISTORY. Read these posts-Obama hitched his wagon to racisim. In 10 months he will be gone. Obama will not only leave this country with 10 trillion added to the national debt but with far more raicla tension then when he arrived.

For any of you that say let the rich pay. WAKE UP-READ. Social security owns 42% of the national debt. OBAMA SPENT 4.2 TRILLION OF YOUR MONEY WHENTHER YOU VOTED FOR HIM OR NOT.
There you go yelling again. Calm down. You sound like my dad during my teenage years.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
Consistently missing or more like avoiding the point of the post!
The only point to the thread was that it should not have been made in the first place.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
There you go yelling again. Calm down. You sound like my dad during my teenage years.
I must not have had my sound on. I didn't hear a thing from his comment.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
The only point to the thread was that it should not have been made in the first place.
Still avoiding!
Old 01-13-2016, 12:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Still avoiding!
Still trying to justify stupidity!

Tags
make, point, guise, racist, stupidity

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.