Most trusted network

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-09-2015, 08:01 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Most trusted network

This sort of flies in the face of what is so often posted on this forum, over and over and over again....

"Fox News has the most trusted network and cable news coverage in the United States, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll released Monday."

Read more: Poll: Fox News most trusted network - Nick Gass - POLITICO

Just a poll, but so are the many many many poll results posted on here to make a point
  #2  
Old 03-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
This sort of flies in the face of what is so often posted on this forum, over and over and over again....

"Fox News has the most trusted network and cable news coverage in the United States, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll released Monday."

Read more: Poll: Fox News most trusted network - Nick Gass - POLITICO

Just a poll, but so are the many many many poll results posted on here to make a point
Now there is a trusted polling agency! Yuk, yuk, yuk. I think I shall vomit.
  #3  
Old 03-09-2015, 09:05 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
This sort of flies in the face of what is so often posted on this forum, over and over and over again....

"Fox News has the most trusted network and cable news coverage in the United States, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll released Monday."

Read more: Poll: Fox News most trusted network - Nick Gass - POLITICO

Just a poll, but so are the many many many poll results posted on here to make a point

This is certainly good news since Fox News will soon be the only cable news channel offered in The Villages.
  #4  
Old 03-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Now there is a trusted polling agency! Yuk, yuk, yuk. I think I shall vomit.
Hope you are feeling better.....

"The poll has been cited by major news outlets throughout North America and Europe, including The Washington Post,[5] Fox News,[6] USA Today,[7] The New York Times,[8] CNN,[9] and Reuters.[10] Quinnipiac's Polling Institute receives national recognition for its independent surveys of residents throughout the United States. It conducts public opinion polls on politics and public policy as a public service as well as for academic research.[1][3] Andrew S. Tanenbaum, the founder of the poll-analysis website Electoral-vote.com, compared major pollsters' performances in the 2010 midterm Senate elections and concluded that Quinnipiac was the most accurate, with a mean error of 2.0 percent.[11]"

Quinnipiac University Polling Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Having shared that, I will agree...polls are polls, and those who use them to discuss current events as certain poster(s) are prone to do should simply stop or believe them all. Shopping for and picking and choosing a poll that satisfies your view seems a bit naive and ill conceived. Many networks do that A LOT. MSNBC which ranks dead last in this and other polls of the same vein are prone to do that. Quoting polls is what you do when you have NOTHING to add of substance.

THAT is my point.
  #5  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

The average age of Fox News viewers is 68 and a majority of them are politically conservative and white | Daily Mail Online


The average Fox viewer is 68 years old, conservative, and white. Only 1.1 percent of Fox viewers are black. What happens to Fox when these viewers die off in 20 years? Do they have a younger following coming along?
  #6  
Old 03-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
This is certainly good news since Fox News will soon be the only cable news channel offered in The Villages.
Funny thing happened.

I was at the Dermatologist office waiting for my wife to be examined. I was the only person in the waiting room at the time. Fox News was on the TV. I asked the receptionist if I could change the channel. She gave me the remote and I changed it to Gunsmoke. A couple of other people came in to the waiting room right then. We all enjoyed watching an old re-run of Gunsmoke instead of the same stories hashed and rehashed on the cable news.
  #7  
Old 03-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Let's remember. FOX News is really more about political advocacy than actual "news". There really is no news at night, just red meat for the right-wing crowd. Of course their viewers trust it more than the other networks. They are the Republican hardliners, and the station is run by a Republican politico (Ailes), and the crowd roars its approval when the lions eat the Christians. Imagine if Hannity actually reported the news objectively without personal bias or inflammatory language? If Rush stopped staying "the regime?" If Ann Coulter stopped caling for the murder of college professors and educated people? Who are the real elite? Far as I can tell, right now, FOX is the "news" elite suppporting the Kochs, Adleson, Romneys, Bush's and all the Wall St. bankers who control both parties. Claiming the "elite" are just Dems reflects ignorance of the word elite (elite athletes, elite soldiers- do they too "stink" like Progressive Democrats?) FOX uses George Orwell's 1984 adage, and pioneered by Karl Rove- Attack your enemy at the point you yourself are most weak, and tell them black is white enough times so that they will believe it. "Fair & Balanced?" "The Spin Stops Here?" Only 17%of the country thinks FOX is "Balanced" hence, it is not balanced for the nation, only its narrow viewership.
  #8  
Old 03-09-2015, 06:58 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Let's remember. FOX News is really more about political advocacy than actual "news". There really is no news at night, just red meat for the right-wing crowd. Of course their viewers trust it more than the other networks. They are the Republican hardliners, and the station is run by a Republican politico (Ailes), and the crowd roars its approval when the lions eat the Christians. Imagine if Hannity actually reported the news objectively without personal bias or inflammatory language? If Rush stopped staying "the regime?" If Ann Coulter stopped caling for the murder of college professors and educated people? Who are the real elite? Far as I can tell, right now, FOX is the "news" elite suppporting the Kochs, Adleson, Romneys, Bush's and all the Wall St. bankers who control both parties. Claiming the "elite" are just Dems reflects ignorance of the word elite (elite athletes, elite soldiers- do they too "stink" like Progressive Democrats?) FOX uses George Orwell's 1984 adage, and pioneered by Karl Rove- Attack your enemy at the point you yourself are most weak, and tell them black is white enough times so that they will believe it. "Fair & Balanced?" "The Spin Stops Here?" Only 17%of the country thinks FOX is "Balanced" hence, it is not balanced for the nation, only its narrow viewership.
Did you just get back from a NOW rally?

  #9  
Old 03-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The average age of Fox News viewers is 68 and a majority of them are politically conservative and white | Daily Mail Online


The average Fox viewer is 68 years old, conservative, and white. Only 1.1 percent of Fox viewers are black. What happens to Fox when these viewers die off in 20 years? Do they have a younger following coming along?
Fox owes its success by appealing to a niche market that has long been ignored by the liberal media ... the 50% or so of the population that is conservative and well informed

I know a lot of people hate that
  #10  
Old 03-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Fox owes its success by appealing to a niche market that has long been ignored by the liberal media ... the 50% or so of the population that is conservative and well informed

I know a lot of people hate that
If 50 percent of the population is conservative, why did President Obama win - TWICE?
  #11  
Old 03-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The average age of Fox News viewers is 68 and a majority of them are politically conservative and white | Daily Mail Online


The average Fox viewer is 68 years old, conservative, and white. Only 1.1 percent of Fox viewers are black. What happens to Fox when these viewers die off in 20 years? Do they have a younger following coming along?
I think the 1.1 percent figure must include walking past a tv with Fox on.
  #12  
Old 03-10-2015, 06:05 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

And the cut and paste plagiarism just continues adnauseum. Some people have no life other than hate. Spend every waking hour reading and re reading propoganda from the right and then dutifully typing word for word out of context garbage as the truth!
  #13  
Old 03-10-2015, 06:09 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default They

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
If 50 percent of the population is conservative, why did President Obama win - TWICE?
Are referring to the " or so". That would be the reason the Dems won twice by a landslide. The right hasn't figured out how to gerrymander big cities and thinkers.
  #14  
Old 03-10-2015, 07:02 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
if 50 percent of the population is conservative, why did president obama win - twice?
fraud!!!!
  #15  
Old 03-10-2015, 08:09 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Speaking from experience, as I've primarily watched Fox News since Obama was elected, the only unbiased show they carry is Don Imus. They are masters of insulting viewers intelligence and maintaining a following. The other networks are really no better so I still watch more Fox shows with exceptions of Hannity, Dobbs, and O'Reilly. I'm a life long conservative but these guys are wingnuts, financially successful wingnuts because of their following.
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.