MSNBC Pokes Fun At Obama's Teleprompter Use

Old 05-27-2011, 02:09 PM
n/a

She's a Woman, a Conservative and a Christian. That's why they hate her.

If she was a pro-choice atheist, they'd love her.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
She's a Woman, a Conservative and a Christian. That's why they hate her.

If she was a pro-choice atheist, they'd love her.
"You Lie", Joe Wilson- Republican
Old 05-27-2011, 06:19 PM
n/a

dk: I will thank you to not do my thinking for me. (I apologize if that sounds harsh but that was a particular sticking point with me in my divorce years ago - my ex constatnly telling everyone what was going on in my head when she could hardly have been further from the truth)

That Sarah Palin is a woman concerns me not.
That she is conservative could appeal to me if she actually WAS conservative - at least the way I remember the meaning of the word "back in the day". Conservatives back then wanted the government out of your wallet AND out of your bedroom.
That she's Christian doesn't bother me one whit, so long as she knows the difference between science and religion and doesn't cherry pick the Bible for legislation.

It's the issues that turned me off when it comes to her. Quite frankly, when McCain picked her, I was ecstatic - for about 48 hours. She had the charisma to make up for what McCain was, by then, sadly lacking.

If I had to sum it up with ONE example, it was the deer-caught-in-the-headlights look when Katie Couric (not exactly Mike Wallace) asked her what she read. That kind of behavior is exactly like what conservatives rail against when it's Obama - the inability to speak "off the cuff" when a question comes that they're unprepared for.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:33 PM
n/a

Lassen and Rubicon -

I do not hate Palin. I have absolutely no respect for her but I do not hate her.

One of the things that make her appear so incompetent is her inablility to speak off the cuff. All of the questions asked of her must be sent in before an interview so her handlers can prepare the answers. This began immediately after her interview with Katie Couric in which Palin stammered and stuttered through answers that made no sense. We need someone who can think on their feet - like President Obama does on a daily basis.

Once again, I do not hate Palin but I have absolutely no respect for her.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Lassen and Rubicon -

I do not hate Palin. I have absolutely no respect for her but I do not hate her.

One of the things that make her appear so incompetent is her inablility to speak off the cuff. All of the questions asked of her must be sent in before an interview so her handlers can prepare the answers. This began immediately after her interview with Katie Couric in which Palin stammered and stuttered through answers that made no sense. We need someone who can think on their feet - like President Obama does on a daily basis.

Once again, I do not hate Palin but I have absolutely no respect for her.
She's baa..a..aack

(Dems and the media, that know the score, only viciously attack and try to destroy those they fear. Those they don't fear (re: Mitch Daniels) they say "oh, I wish he would get in the race so we can have a serious campaign". The old tricks may not work anymore. We shall see in the months ahead.

The
Old 05-27-2011, 10:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
She's baa..a..aack

(Dems and the media, that know the score, only viciously attack and try to destroy those they fear. Those they don't fear (re: Mitch Daniels) they say "oh, I wish he would get in the race so we can have a serious campaign". The old tricks may not work anymore. We shall see in the months ahead.

The
In what respect Charley?
Old 05-28-2011, 05:59 PM
n/a

Explaining the reasons I don't like her is "a vicious attack"?
Old 05-28-2011, 06:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Explaining the reasons I don't like her is "a vicious attack"?
wasn't addressing you or anyone specifically. Just reading of the upcoming national bus tour and wanted to rile the "haters". I still don't mean you, specifically.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:27 PM
n/a

Fair enough. It's true there ARE a lot of haters out there.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:52 AM
n/a

Default Going Back to the Original Subject

I apologize to everyone who took what was intended to be a light-hearted look at our leaders and redirect it into the partisan squabbling; however, I would like to bring it back to the original subject - reliance on the teleprompters.

Here is a clip in which President Obama wishes to praise the acts of a Navy Corpsman. However, since he is reading from the teleprompters, he announces the sailor's specialty as that of a corpse man.

If you watch, you will see the ping-pong match movements of his head to look from TOTUS 1 to TOTUS 2. Never a word spoken without their help.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlKIfzoC8D0[/ame]
Old 05-30-2011, 12:18 PM
n/a

BBQman your point is well taken. Its just that Tbug has me confused as to whether i should spend my money on an anncoulter blow up doll or a Sarah Palin one??????????????Which one would draw the biggest crowd at LSL as we cruised around Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 05-30-2011, 12:31 PM
n/a

Buy them both and have one on each arm in your golf cart. You could also get a Hillary Clinton blow-up doll and have her riding a broomstick on top of your cart.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Buy them both and have one on each arm in your golf cart. You could also get a Hillary Clinton blow-up doll and have her riding a broomstick on top of your cart.
Now Now.....Hillary on a broomstick is fightin words!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.