A new low?

Old 04-19-2011, 07:22 AM
n/a

Default A new low?

An official of the Republican Party in California is apologizing for sending an email to others with a photo of Barack Obama's face on the body of a baby chimpanzee and wrote "Now we know why there is no birth certificate"
I know this is just one individual doing something despicable, regrettable and stupid but it begs the question of WTF is happening to this country?
Old 04-19-2011, 08:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
An official of the Republican Party in California is apologizing for sending an email to others with a photo of Barack Obama's face on the body of a baby chimpanzee and wrote "Now we know why there is no birth certificate"
I know this is just one individual doing something despicable, regrettable and stupid but it begs the question of WTF is happening to this country?
Dale. That kind of stuff has been going on for a long time. Centuries. Gooney jokes are usually sent to other people with no taste, but every once in awhile they get sent to someone who is mightily offended. I have received like emails from both sides. I just read them and go on with my day.

I am more worried about the drug cartel and the fact that Standard and Poor is about to reduce our country's credit rating to flawed, very flawed. It is time for the farmers and the cowmen to be friends and for people to try to reach an agreement on the budget.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 AM
n/a

Default Tea Party culture?

In this case, it's a Republican Party official and Tea Party activist in Orange Country, Calif., who's the culprit. Marilyn Davenport sent an emailed image depicting President Obama and his parents as apes, accompanied by the message, "Now you know why -- No birth certificate!"

What is a racist like that doing in her role as a Republican Party official and as a Tea Party activist?
Old 04-19-2011, 07:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
What is a racist like that doing in her role as a Republican Party official and as a Tea Party activist?
I guess the same thing as some of the Democrats. Robert Byrd comes to mind ala the KKK. The longest-serving member in the history of the United States Congress.

It's never one sided now is it?
Old 04-19-2011, 08:51 PM
n/a

Lassen,

Your weak reference was about 65 or so years ago. This is 2011. I am glad there is not racism tolerated in The Villages and that email was despised by all.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:23 PM
n/a

Racism is in existence and the R or the D doesn't influence one more specific than the other. No matter the color or the religion or the race it is in more abundance than need be. And the higher up, elitists of any groups are the worst. I guess they feel they have the right to play the race card because they are so above the fray....so they think!

btk
Old 04-20-2011, 08:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
I guess the same thing as some of the Democrats. Robert Byrd comes to mind ala the KKK. The longest-serving member in the history of the United States Congress.

It's never one sided now is it?
Want to talk about Jesse Helms? Or perhaps, for a more recent perspective, David Duke...Grand Wizard of the KKK and a Repub.

We could go on trading these things....however the point is that email is racist. Pure and simple. End of story.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:28 AM
n/a

One should never post or send email to anyone that you would not say to their face.

Racism will never stop. There will always be groups that don't like other groups.

Me, I judge you as an individual, then I find out that I really don't like you, I don't have to be around you. Or if you don't like me, we don't have to be around each other.

There are lots of people that I don't care for, but that is my choose as to whom I want as friends and to be around. The same it is your choose.

Remember each and every computer has a delete key, it should be use often.

My real last name is not a common Jewish name and I have been around those that blame us, the Jews for all the worlds troubles. That is when I drop the Star of David that I wear all the time for them to see. I love the look on their faces, especially when we are at the gun range, for I am a competive shooter, firearms trainer and darn good at what I do.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:08 AM
n/a

All self righteous liberals make me laugh out loud. For 8 years I heard nothing but the most despicable attacks on GW Bush and his top officials from all sides of the liberal spectrum.

(Except for a brief respite from liberal mania directly following 9/11 when even they knew GW had the moral high-ground. It didn't last long though)

The total off the wall lack of respect and blatant meanness was crazy, and now Liberals want people to feel some sort of indignation because the target of some less than respectful jabs is a liberal Democrat?

Good luck with that. Obama is treated with far more respect from Conservatives than GW Bush was ever given from Liberals, and that's just a plain fact.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:41 AM
n/a

So pick on the president Obama is, not his race. This idiot in California (my home state!) said this mailing wasn't racist - "some of my best friends are black". That line always means the complete opposite and is a dead giveaway for a racist every time. The tea party/birthers just can't get over the fact that THEIR president is a black man. I know racism on a very personal level and have seen it all my life and it is the despicable side of Americans that brings us shame as a country.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
All self righteous liberals make me laugh out loud. For 8 years I heard nothing but the most despicable attacks on GW Bush and his top officials from all sides of the liberal side.

Good luck with that. Obama is treated with far more respect from Conservatives than GW Bush was ever given from Liberals, and that's just a plain fact.
And what planet are you living on?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
So pick on the president Obama is, not his race. This idiot in California (my home state!) said this mailing wasn't racist - "some of my best friends are black". That line always means the complete opposite and is a dead giveaway for a racist every time. The tea party/birthers just can't get over the fact that THEIR president is a black man. I know racism on a very personal level and have seen it all my life and it is the despicable side of Americans that brings us shame as a country.
Liberals were very quick to try and portray Bush as racist whenever possible, so please descend from the high horse. You've proven the point by engaging in unfounded attacks on Tea Partiers. Thank you for the illustration.

http://newsbusters.org/node/3187

http://mydd.com/users/eternal-hope/p...s-bushs-racism

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/...2/175941.shtml

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in814623.shtml

http://www.sohh.com/2010/11/george_w..._hurrican.html
Old 04-20-2011, 01:20 PM
n/a

Unfounded attacks on Tea Party? As I reported on this forum, I spoke with a Tri-County Tea Party representative at Spanish Springs during the barbeque cookoff - and she came right out and said Obama had to be voted out because he was black.

The Birthers, conspiracy theorists, and right-wing fringe must just accept the fact that Barak Obama (an American) IS YOUR PRESIDENT.

Why not run David Duke as your presidential candidate?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Liberals were very quick to try and portray Bush as racist whenever possible, so please descend from the high horse. You've proven the point by engaging in unfounded attacks on Tea Partiers. Thank you for the illustration.

http://newsbusters.org/node/3187

http://mydd.com/users/eternal-hope/p...s-bushs-racism

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/...2/175941.shtml

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in814623.shtml

http://www.sohh.com/2010/11/george_w..._hurrican.html
You and I have been able to find some common ground....on this one however, we may not agree. Personally I agree that some are pretty quick with the race card...however, in this case the card may have been played correctly. NO I DON'T THINK GWB IS A RACIST.

I have a very good friend in that area, well connected and quite frankly not a fan of the racial makeup of New Orleans. Just weeks after the tragedy she told me that the plan was to rid NO of the lower 9th ward by developing new condo units to gentrify the area. I did also see an independent film made, by a NO film maker, regarding this issue. I had quite a discussion with her at the Colorado Springs film festival last year.

Even now the development of the lower 9th ward lags behind the rest of the city....what could be the reason for that? Lack of funds, lack of jobs and this was one of the hardest hit neighbor hoods. Its hard to say... Is there some element of race here, hard to deny that....but is it racism?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:57 PM
n/a

A lot of key banging to present isolated events/individuals as representative of the whole.
Racism is itself a minority representation, usually played the loudest within a race, religion, party et al. And the higher up in the pecking order the longer and the louder the race card is played.....WHEN THEIR IS A PERSONAL ADVANTAGE to do so.

Very much like politics....eh!

btk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.