New tax bill

New tax bill

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 11-25-2017, 09:30 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Join Date: n/a
Location: n/a
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockface View Post
You make zero sense. NONE.

No, I am not rich. In reading the proposal, I see temp minor tax breaks and then increases for those in the middle, and even more increases for rich.
OK, go ahead and show me how the poor have become less poor from tax increases...

Your not rich because your not talented enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

  #12  
Old 11-25-2017, 09:42 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Join Date: n/a
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Keep an eye on this instead of the Kardashians....



In September, President Trump and Congressional leaders had a pretty easy time avoiding a government shutdown.

All parties agreed to defer hard questions about spending levels for a few months, passing a temporary bill to keep the government open — and Trump caved to Democrats' demand that all aspects of the deal, including the increase in the federal debt limit, be kept short-term.

You may recall this as the period of warm relations between Trump and "Chuck and Nancy" — Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

That short-term government funding deal reached during that brief period will run out on December 8. And I don't think a compromise is going to be so easy to reach this time.


Government shutdown odds in December are underrated - Business Insider
Fiscal year started Oct 1st and they're out of money already???

The stealing must be going very well...
Sponsored Links
  #13  
Old 11-26-2017, 06:37 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Join Date: n/a
Posts: n/a
Default

I am looking for a tax policy that will tax people once and once only. I am not looking for fairness in a tax policy because the term "fairness is elusive" and a dog whistle for "protection of special interests.

I am looking for a tax policy with not tax credits, tax reduction, ie carve outs for anyone corporations, and individuals alike. I am looking for a tax policy that ends estate taxes both federal and state.

I am looking for the day when those do nothing politicians stop reaching into my pockets just because they can.

None of this will ever happen and it would be a pleasant surprise if these politicians past such a bill. Hence I have no great expectations here.

Personal Best Regards:
  #14  
Old 11-26-2017, 07:33 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Join Date: n/a
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I am looking for a tax policy that will tax people once and once only. I am not looking for fairness in a tax policy because the term "fairness is elusive" and a dog whistle for "protection of special interests.

I am looking for a tax policy with not tax credits, tax reduction, ie carve outs for anyone corporations, and individuals alike. I am looking for a tax policy that ends estate taxes both federal and state.

I am looking for the day when those do nothing politicians stop reaching into my pockets just because they can.

None of this will ever happen and it would be a pleasant surprise if these politicians past such a bill. Hence I have no great expectations here.

Personal Best Regards:
And the question is what you think of the current proposal as proposed by GOP
  #15  
Old 11-26-2017, 07:57 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Join Date: n/a
Location: n/a
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockface View Post
And the question is what you think of the current proposal as proposed by GOP
Still waiting for you to show how the poor have become less poor from tax increases...

I would have thought that would have been a RUDIMENTARY response with all your EDUCATION...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
  #16  
Old 11-26-2017, 07:57 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Join Date: n/a
Posts: n/a
Default

What started out as tax reform to lower corporate tax rates has morphed into a tax break for everyone, with no losers except our grandchildren. It goes back to the real root cause of this country’s problems, our elected leaders refuse to make the tough decisions for fear of being voted out and having to work for a living like the rest of us. That said it is a formula that works every time and will repeat in Nov 2018. There is nothing Americans like any better than something for nothing, whether it is EBT cards or gains in the stock market driven by deficiet spending. IMHO
  #17  
Old 11-26-2017, 08:42 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Join Date: n/a
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
This from the conservative National Review....

"Like the Titanic steaming towards that iceberg, the GOP’s tax plan is reported to be moving forward at some speed. No, no, what am I saying? For all his faults, the Titanic’s captain did not actually design the iceberg that sank his ship. The Republican leadership, on the other hand…. Even if we forget about their impact on the deficit (and we shouldn’t), the Republican tax plans have been characterized by extraordinarily sloppy thinking, so sloppy indeed that it’s impossible not to wonder what, if anything, was going through the heads of the GOP leadership."

Read more at: The GOP’s Tax Plan: Paving the Way to a Democratic Majority | National Review
Now that is quite a link.
  #18  
Old 11-26-2017, 08:43 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Join Date: n/a
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
What started out as tax reform to lower corporate tax rates has morphed into a tax break for everyone, with no losers except our grandchildren. It goes back to the real root cause of this country’s problems, our elected leaders refuse to make the tough decisions for fear of being voted out and having to work for a living like the rest of us. That said it is a formula that works every time and will repeat in Nov 2018. There is nothing Americans like any better than something for nothing, whether it is EBT cards or gains in the stock market driven by deficiet spending. IMHO
You couldn't be more wrong...

Nobody will "pay off" that debt...right now it's over $60,000 per citizen...EVERY man, woman, AND child. It'll just keep adding up...

They make "tough" decisions all right...HOW to loot the treasury and stick us with the bill.

And no...they DON'T want to "work" like the rest of us.

Borrow borrow borrow...that's how they're keeping it all going...borrowing OVER a $ trillion each year.
 

Tags
bill, tax

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.