Newt Gingrich character

Old 05-11-2011, 09:06 AM
n/a

Default Newt Gingrich character

Gingrich has always preached about the Republicans and conservatives as standing for "family values". Newt, himself, does not practice what he preaches as can be seen from his marriages and affairs while married.

His first wife, Jackie, said that Gingrich walked out on her in the spring of 1980. That fall, while she was in the hospital recovering from surgery for uterine cancer, he appeared at her bedside with a yellow legal pad outlining the details for their divorce. Sounds like a real decent man with family values, doesn't it?

Gingrich was also quoted as saying about his divorce from Jackie, "She's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of a President. And besides, she has cancer."

Regarding the divorce of his second wife, she reported that Newt ditched her eight months after finding out she had multiple sclerosis. Marianne Gingrich, 48 ... says the ex-speaker of the House told her on Mother's Day 1999 that he wanted a divorce, after learning she had a neurological condition that could lead to MS [multiple sclerosis]."

Currently married to Callista Bisek, Newt Gingrich has been married three times. His two previous marriages ended in divorce after he had affairs with younger women and when his wives were seriously ill.

Is this a man YOU RESPECT?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:16 AM
n/a

Default Family Values??

I will normally give anyone the benefit of the doubt, but with Mr. Gingrich I am having a great deal of trouble finding any benefit to give him. I hope he has changed, but "hope" and "change don't work for me anymore. How about you??"
Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 AM
n/a

Why don't you wait to see who the actual nominee is and then bring out the dogs? Your shotgun approach to whoevers in the news this week is too obvious.

Bottom line is, no matter who it is on the GOP side you'll attack with impunity. All the while Obama gets a free pass on everything from the left.

Yawn...
Old 05-11-2011, 09:28 AM
n/a

Lassen,

I am just trying to show some of the character (and lack of character) of the Reactionary Right's favorites.

Obama IS the President now. Feel free to say whatever you want about him but he IS the President now. A majority of Americans voted for him in 2008. He is President until at least Jan. 20, 2013.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Lassen,

I am just trying to show some of the character (and lack of character) of the Reactionary Right's favorites.

Obama IS the President now. Feel free to say whatever you want about him but he IS the President now. A majority of Americans voted for him in 2008. He is President until at least Jan. 20, 2013.

Oh, let's "hope" not! Right now, no one looks good to me. I will wait, investigate and develop an informed opinion. There's no need to be nasty about anyone. I do not repect Mr. Obama because he has behaved like a petulant teenager far too often and his ineptitude is embarrassing to the nation. I DO, however, respect the office of the Presidency. I just wish he did.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:46 AM
n/a

I see. So as long as they are already President, lack of character isn't an issue for you. It only applies to the new guys.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
Gingrich has always preached about the Republicans and conservatives as standing for "family values". Newt, himself, does not practice what he preaches as can be seen from his marriages and affairs while married.

His first wife, Jackie, said that Gingrich walked out on her in the spring of 1980. That fall, while she was in the hospital recovering from surgery for uterine cancer, he appeared at her bedside with a yellow legal pad outlining the details for their divorce. Sounds like a real decent man with family values, doesn't it?

Gingrich was also quoted as saying about his divorce from Jackie, "She's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of a President. And besides, she has cancer."

Regarding the divorce of his second wife, she reported that Newt ditched her eight months after finding out she had multiple sclerosis. Marianne Gingrich, 48 ... says the ex-speaker of the House told her on Mother's Day 1999 that he wanted a divorce, after learning she had a neurological condition that could lead to MS [multiple sclerosis]."

Currently married to Callista Bisek, Newt Gingrich has been married three times. His two previous marriages ended in divorce after he had affairs with younger women and when his wives were seriously ill.

Is this a man YOU RESPECT?
Ignoring lies in this post, I just have two simple words for you. BILL CLINTON.

Now give us all a break, OK?

"Hypocritical Democrat" is going to be permanently joined in the new Webster's Dictionary as they cannot be separated anymore.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:51 AM
n/a

As an Idenpendent I remember Newtie's comments on Bill Clinton. I also remember Jessie Jackson's comments, plus all the other "I'm better that you are" until it turned out that they where no better. None are worth a pinch of P*** and neither would any make a good president. I don't agree with the one we have now, but will vote for him again, if this is the bestthat the GOP can find. Its beset to keep the devil you know than take a chance on the devil that you don't know.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:50 PM
n/a

No lies in my posting at all. They were all documented and you can use any source you want to try and show they were lies - since you would not obviously believe the sources I have to show the truth.

Anyhow, regarding Bill Clinton. He was impeached. No getting around it. Bill Clinton had the scruples of an alleycat and that is being unkind to alleycats.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:00 PM
n/a

Default Newt Ginrich character

If the details given in the initial post concerning Newt's first two marriages are accurate than indeed he is not a person of character. However as another member lamented Democrats kept repeating that "character didn't matter" during the Clinton sex scandals. If what is being reported about New's treatment of his ex-wives is true it is a sad circumstance because of all of the candidates including the incumbent Newt Gingrich has more and better ideas than all of them put together. He in my opinion has the better quaifications for presidency. But "character" does matter to me and I suspect many other voters. Finally I too respect the position of the President so it is all the more reason for people's disappointment and frustration when cadidates such as Kennedy, Clinton and Obama's find ways to discredit the most powerful position in the world.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:27 PM
n/a

Default source

After what Rubicon said in his posting, I would hate for anyone to think that I am just blowing smoke with false allegations (that would make me an "alligator") so I am giving the link. It does all check out.http://marriage.about.com/od/politics/a/gingrichn.htm

I hate to admit I am not too tech savvy at times. My laptop just gave me the notice I have to plug it in to recharge. I put the plug in the wall outlet only to have the laptop close down anyhow. I had plugged in my paper shredder! Is it only liberals who do dumb things like that?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:41 PM
n/a

Bugs, Your repeating the unsubstantiated tale of a supposed statement said by Mr Gingrich about his first wife is a scurrilous rumor and nothing more. It has not be reported in any reputable media source and can only be found on far left progressive web sites that vilify any conservative American. I consider this a lie and rumor mongering of the worst kind.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:53 PM
n/a

Sorry you feel that way, Richie, but facts are facts. I put in my sources. If you want to disprove them, go right ahead and put in your sources. However, until you or some other person puts in the sources that will disprove my sources, it stands as FACT.

How did the golf go today? Did you get your fair share of entitlements?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
Sorry you feel that way, Richie, but facts are facts. I put in my sources. If you want to disprove them, go right ahead and put in your sources. However, until you or some other person puts in the sources that will disprove my sources, it stands as FACT.

How did the golf go today? Did you get your fair share of entitlements?
What sources? You gave none. It's hard to disprove a lie.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:20 PM
n/a

When a man divorces a woman who has cancer it lowers him completely in my book...or cheats on a woman who has cancer.

It has been done by politicians on both sides of the aisle.

It is another area where being in the public eye doesn't help a person be a better person.

Wikipedia link.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich#Marriages

I was surprised when I read this in Wikipedia that he was born and raised in Germany and he recently converted to Catholicism. I wonder how he did that...twice divorced.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.