NFL thought

Old 09-25-2017, 05:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
You got that right.

1st Amendment. They do not know what they are talking about. When you work for someone else, you have to give up certain rights or get a new job.
You are right. Tell me how many players were fired yesterday? I suppose you liked watching replacement players. The owners in the NFL are not going to fire these guys for a peaceful protest.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
You are right. Tell me how many players were fired yesterday? I suppose you liked watching replacement players. The owners in the NFL are not going to fire these guys for a peaceful protest.
perhaps you should check the contracts of each player and find out exactly what clause, sentence, or paragraph will address their behavior during the national anthem. It is interesting that until 10 or so years ago, NFL teams did not even take the field until after the national anthem, and it was a financial deal made with the US Armed Forces that had the teams take the field before the national anthem to hopefully increase the number of people who would enlist.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
I actually have a bigger problem with the 2 not 1 Presidents of the past (one on 9/16/1974 Ford with restrictions, second on 1/21/1977 Carter removing restrictions) pardoning 210,000 DRAFT DODGERS who either burned their draft cards refused to serve, go to Canada or Deserting, during the Viet Nam Conflict.. How do you think our Viet Nam Vets felt? What about Hanoi Jane how much money does she make a year? How many of you go to see her movies or watch Janes Netflex Hit Show? What about the beloved Cassius Clay - DRAFT DODGER who went on to become Muhammad Ali, his conviction was over turned because he became a Muslim. He's to me is still a draft dodger, what was his net worth, was he shunned? How were our MEN IN UNIFORM treated when they retuned home from Viet Nam? These are the things that bother me and still bother me! If any of you Evading Draft Dodgers are living in the Villages now my advice to you is SHUT UP, you're still scum!
Yet I feel sure you voted for a four times draft dodger who had a "foot problem" but also at the same time played sports. Who then boasted that avoiding STD was his "personal Vietnam". "I feel like a great and very brave soldier.” he said.
Do you think he was a very brave soldier?
He's now the Commander in Chief.
Donald Trump Calls Sleeping Around His ‘Personal Vietnam’ - Us Weekly

Donald Trump describes his personal Vietnam to Stern - YouTube
Old 09-25-2017, 06:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Gotta love it when libtards go to extreme on EVERYTHING. I am waiting for the idiot libtard that tries to claim 1st Amendment rights when he is charged with yelling "fire" in a theater. Wow, can you imagine a soldier telling his boss to shove it and then claim his free speech? There is a time and place for everything. I bet if these cretins were fined by the owners every time they disrespected the flag, the National Anthem and our military, it would stop real fast. Blacks are treated better here than in any other country, INCLUDING their African countries. A millionaire protesting is about as credible as Tal telling someone how to do his job.
Of course there are rules, but when people break or challenge them to appeal to the very principles those rules are intended to maintain, we should, even if grudgingly, respect that. For my own part, I never cared much for this whole kneeling business, because I always figured it would spark exactly what has happened here; that is, we’re not having a conversation about police shootings, we’re having a conversation about kneeling. But there are a lot of things I don’t agree with that I recognize people have the right to do. And that leads us to the other idea of patriotism, which is that love of country doesn’t mean love of symbols, but of the principles in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
Time to support our President. Boycott all professional sports until all owners and players toe the President's line. In fact maybe we should consider who we play golf with, who we allow in our church, and which neighborhood we live in. Opposing points of view have no place when we know we're right. Time to remove ourselves from these bums. Either these people are "good Americans" or not. If you're not a Trump supporter time to consider another country.
Wow, how much do I hope that was sarcasm.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
our current President was a draft dodger. his "medical" exemption was ridiculous.
Oh and Don Jr has the same bone spurs on his heels which made him unfit for service also, WHAT A CROCK.

Seems the two chuooch sons can haul boots on go to Africa an shoot wild life.

Guess they are only able to shoot at live things that aren't able to shoot back.

Google it, you'll see them holding up their kills disgusting!

I too think you COULD stand for 3 lousy minutes, but I do not think kneeling is a disgrace.

Can't tell you the hockey games I've been to when I have seen men NOT remove their hats, durning the NA.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:08 PM
n/a

NFL Rule Book Section 4 Article 8

Throughout the period on game-day that a player is visible to the stadium and television audience (including in pregame warm-ups, in the bench area, and during postgame interviews in the locker room or on the field), players are prohibited from wearing, displaying, or otherwise conveying personal messages either in writing or illustration, unless such message has been approved in advance by the League office.
Items to celebrate anniversaries or memorable events, or to honor or commemorate individuals, such as helmet decals, and arm bands and jersey patches on players’ uniforms, are prohibited unless approved in advance by the League office. All such items must relate to team or League events or personages. The League will not grant permission for any club or player to wear, display, or otherwise convey messages, through helmet decals, arm bands, jersey patches, or other items affixed to game uniforms or equipment, which relate to political activities or causes, other non-football events, causes or campaigns, or charitable causes or campaigns. Further, such armbands and jersey patches must be modest in size, tasteful, noncommercial, and non-controversial; must not be worn for more than one football season; and if approved
for use by a specific team, must not be worn by players on other teams in the League.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:56 PM
n/a

Default Colin Kaepernick vs. Tim Tebow: A tale of two Christians on their knees

Quote:

Throughout the period on game-day that a player is visible to the stadium and television audience (including in pregame warm-ups, in the bench area, and during postgame interviews in the locker room or on the field), players are prohibited from wearing, displaying, or otherwise conveying personal messages either in writing or illustration, unless such message has been approved in advance by the League office.
Items to celebrate anniversaries or memorable events, or to honor or commemorate individuals, such as helmet decals, and arm bands and jersey patches on players’ uniforms, are prohibited unless approved in advance by the League office. All such items must relate to team or League events or personages. The League will not grant permission for any club or player to wear, display, or otherwise convey messages, through helmet decals, arm bands, jersey patches, or other items affixed to game uniforms or equipment, which relate to political activities or causes, other non-football events, causes or campaigns, or charitable causes or campaigns. Further, such armbands and jersey patches must be modest in size, tasteful, noncommercial, and non-controversial; must not be worn for more than one football season; and if approved
for use by a specific team, must not be worn by players on other teams in the League.
hypocrisy much?

Colin Kaepernick vs. Tim Tebow: Christianity on its knees - The Washington Post
Old 09-25-2017, 08:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Yet I feel sure you voted for a four times draft dodger who had a "foot problem" but also at the same time played sports. Who then boasted that avoiding STD was his "personal Vietnam". "I feel like a great and very brave soldier.” he said.
Do you think he was a very brave soldier?
He's now the Commander in Chief.
Donald Trump Calls Sleeping Around His ‘Personal Vietnam’ - Us Weekly

Donald Trump describes his personal Vietnam to Stern - YouTube
Are you stupid You MUST be the scum I was talking about, 45 was never even in my thoughts, His scummy offspring has the same foot problems, although they could put on boots and shoot wild life in Africa, of course they weren't shooting back. Do you even Know who Hanoi Jane is? Bet you watch her movies without a thought!

Get it right 5 time DRAFT DODGER 4 for school 1 when he could have actually served.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:26 PM
n/a

Quote:

Good to know. How many players are going to be fired or suspended this week?
Old 09-25-2017, 08:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Good to know. How many players are going to be fired or suspended this week?
Don't hold your breath.

Only money talks.

Only this president tweets against protests by athletes, and does nothing to mend divisiveness, but, rather, exacerbates it.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
And the Chicago Bears stood for the National Anthem. Kudos to the Bears for being good examples for our children by showing respect for our Country, Flag, National Anthem and our Military. I say this because it is rare that I can say anything positive about that city and I am glad to see something good coming from it for a change. The Bears have my respect, whether they win or lose the game.
Better hope your kids don't watch the other team the bears play. Dotard.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Better hope your kids don't watch the other team the bears play. Dotard.

My kids are patriots, not celebrity athletes, making millions by entertaining those that fought so that they can act like fools. None of us will be watching Pro ball for a while. We are all disgusted with them. The President was right. If the owners allow them to act like fools, then the owners do not need the money from the fans.

The Flag and the National Anthem means something to my family. Those athletes do not even know what they are protesting, but if the owners allow them to protest then it's the owner's dime. They also have the right to burn the flag if they wish. Showing their @ss is the norm for them anyway. I helped give them that right. It is theirs to abuse, if they wish. Bet most of them would not make it through the draft, if called upon to serve in a crisis.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:14 PM
n/a

Default How Every NFL Team Responded To Trump's National Anthem Protest Comments

How Every NFL Team Responded To Trump's National Anthem Protest Comments : NPR

yes, even the Dallas Cowboys, looks like the Texas governor is in the same lying mode as Trump

Greg Abbott celebrates unconfirmed claim about Jerry Jones and national anthem | PolitiFact Texas

fakebonespurs.jpg

not a dictator.jpg
Old 09-25-2017, 09:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
What lie are you accusing the President of now? You sound like a teenage girl when a parent won't let her go to a party with her friends.

Tags
nfl, real

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.