"The NOPE and YUP Of It"

Old 07-23-2016, 01:30 PM
n/a

Default "The NOPE and YUP Of It"

Joe Angione "Conservative Way"7/23/16

Joe's columns use to appear in the Daily Sun. I had e-mailed him on occasions and he would reply. I found him to be a very level headed individual . This exercise pretty much sums up the predicament voters are in today.

I suspect the hot headed troll lurking on these pages will try and bury this thread. My hope is that both liberals and conservatives posters address these issues and defend their position rather than attack but then I also hoped that I could shoot a 68

The “nopes” and “yups” in choosing our next president
My thanks to Gerald Mucci, an excellent fellow journalist, for alerting me to these rather obvious questions that voters must answer to put the best candidate in the White House for the next four years:
Are the folks speaking out against Trump helping me make up my mind a little more every day? NOPE
Is he the perfect candidate whose thoughts mirror mine on all fronts? NOPE
Does he say everything the way I wish he would say it? NOPE
Am I absolutely sure that his motives are absolutely pure? NOPE
Can I point to any Democrat politician that I like better? NOPE
Are there any of the RINO Politicians that I like better? NOPE
Am I going to sit home, refuse to vote, and let Hillary win; because Trump is not perfect? NOPE
Do I like what I have seen for the last 7-1/2 years from the “jerk” that sleeps in my White House? NOPE
Do I like the "fundamental changes" that the same “jerk” has brought about in my America ? NOPE
Is Obama against Trump? YUP
Are the media against Trump? YUP
Are the establishment Democrats against Trump? YUP
Are the establishment Republicans against Trump? YUP
Is the U.N. against Trump? YUP.
Is the European Union against Trump? YUP
Is China against Trump? YUP
Is Mexico against Trump? YUP
Is America’s arch enemy, George Soros, against Trump? YUP
Is Black Lives Matter against Trump? YUP
Is Move On.Org against Trump? YUP
Are Republican establishment backers, the Koch Brothers, against Trump? YUP
Is Planned Parenthood against Trump? YUP
Are crooked Hillary and silly Bernie both against Trump? YUP
Are illegal aliens against Trump? YUP
Is radical Islam against Trump? YUP
Are hate-America, anti-religion, anti-Second Amendment Liberals against Trump? YUP
NOW ALL THAT BEING SAID...It seems that Trump must be the best qualified candidate we have this year.
Please remember this when you enter the voting booth. Also remember if you don’t vote then crooked Hillary wins and we all end up losers.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 07-23-2016, 01:39 PM
n/a

Good post.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:43 PM
n/a

I see a different scenario. I see Hillary falling out of the race for some reason, jail, illness or something and Kaine taking her place. Then, I see Trump having a hard time winning. On the other hand, if Hillary stays in, I see a poor Democrat voter turnout, and a high Republican voter turnout. I see most of the Independents voting for Trump. I predict a landslide for Trump that we haven't seen since Reagan. And I am not saying he is a Reagan.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:35 PM
n/a

Are all Liberals "anti-American, anti-religion, and anti-Second Amendment"?

Nope! I am proud to be a liberal as well as being proud to be an American. I believe in The Holy Trinity and that I am saved by the Blood of Jesus and go to Hope Lutheran on a fairly regular basis.

I enjoy plinking with a target pistol and keeping my arm steady.

I enjoy helping others in The Villages when I have the skill and I have Conservative, Moderate, and Liberal as friends.

I also enjoy going to Cody's for a couple drafts of ice-cold Goose Island IPA or Stella Artois. Be happy to meet anyone there.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post

Nope! I am proud to be a liberal as well as being proud to be an American. I believe in The Holy Trinity and that I am saved by the Blood of Jesus and go to Hope Lutheran on a fairly regular basis.

I enjoy helping others in The Villages when I have the skill and I have Conservative, Moderate, and Liberal as friends.

I also enjoy going to Cody's for a couple drafts of ice-cold Goose Island IPA or Stella Artois. Be happy to meet anyone there.
Good for you. And I do not mean to disparage you when I offer the next lines. I am only discussing views, OK?

By the information you provided about yourself, you sound like an old time Democrat from the now defunct Democratic party. The party of my father and most of my family.

But, how do you feel about other issues and policies?

Where do you stand on the rights of the unborn?
Where do you stand on welfare?
Where do you stand on education?
Where do you stand on health care?
Where do you stand on income, such as minimum wages?
Where do you stand on taxes?
Where do you stand on a balanced budget?
Where do you stand on Affirmative Action?
Where do you stand on the size of our government?

A true Christian that believes in the Bible as the word of GOD also conforms to a standard that would preclude gay marriage. Where do you stand? I am not saying that Christians must condemn gays, but God loves the sinner and hates the sin. So, according to the Bible and how we have been taught, we should/must love the gays and tolerate their lifestyle but we do not and should not condone their lifestyle. Therefore, even though it is now a done deal and we should not beat it to death, as a Christian do you or do you not agree with gay marriage? And don't get me wrong, I am just bringing up these things to see if you are a conservative or a liberal. And it is up to you to answer or not. I just figured that you had a reason for listing those views that we might have in common.

As a Christian that believes in Christ as your savior do you believe in the woman's right to abortion? Also, a done deal and we should not beat it to death (no pun meant) but it is a common belief in conservatives.

I don't want to stretch this out so I am going to end it. You don't have to answer it.

I enjoy target shooting also and I also believe in the 2nd Amendment. Although, I wish they had an outdoor range close by. The indoor range just seems way too dark to enjoy target shooting.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:07 PM
n/a

Quote:

I have very similar beliefs.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Good for you. And I do not mean to disparage you when I offer the next lines. I am only discussing views, OK?

By the information you provided about yourself, you sound like an old time Democrat from the now defunct Democratic party. The party of my father and most of my family.

A true Christian that believes in the Bible as the word of GOD also conforms to a standard that would preclude gay marriage. Where do you stand? I am not saying that Christians must condemn gays, but God loves the sinner and hates the sin. So, according to the Bible and how we have been taught, we should/must love the gays and tolerate their lifestyle but we do not and should not condone their lifestyle. Therefore, even though it is now a done deal and we should not beat it to death, as a Christian do you or do you not agree with gay marriage? And don't get me wrong, I am just bringing up these things to see if you are a conservative or a liberal. And it is up to you to answer or not. I just figured that you had a reason for listing those views that we might have in common.

As a Christian that believes in Christ as your savior do you believe in the woman's right to abortion? Also, a done deal and we should not beat it to death (no pun meant) but it is a common belief in conservatives.

I don't want to stretch this out so I am going to end it. You don't have to answer it.

I enjoy target shooting also and I also believe in the 2nd Amendment. Although, I wish they had an outdoor range close by. The indoor range just seems way too dark to enjoy target shooting.
We do not see eye to eye on many topics.

I believe in the liberal social issues for the most part but not all.
I will not discuss with you same sex marriage or a woman's right to choose.
I am not a master of religion and cannot say what is right or wrong in God's viewpoint.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:20 AM
n/a

Quote:

Dear Guest: Great post and so it needs to be repeated. So, if I may hitch a ride......, I wonder if this poster is Christian enough to be repelled by the actions of Hillary Clinton to recognize a vote for her is a vote for corruption, cronyism and acceptance that people with power wealth prestige are above the law? Did this poster vote for the corrupt Obama who has shown his disdain for Christians, whites, cops, and America?

And did this poster recall that at the 2012 DNC they had a tirade against any use of the word God. And does this poster know that Obama has been making an attempt to remove the "defend this nation...."phrase from the Oath of Allegiance made by immigrants when becoming citizens?

Its one thing to claim you are Christian its quite another to practice your faith.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 07-24-2016, 04:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
We do not see eye to eye on many topics.

I believe in the liberal social issues for the most part but not all.
I will not discuss with you same sex marriage or a woman's right to choose.
I am not a master of religion and cannot say what is right or wrong in God's viewpoint.
Good answer. I respect that, but it was you that entered the arena so I politely asked a few questions to see if you were really attempting to prove something we might have in common. If so, then I believe you will see the logic of voting AGAINST Hillary.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Guest: Great post and so it needs to be repeated. So, if I may hitch a ride......,
Personal Best Regards:
You turned his great post into your agenda. We use to call that a left handed compliment.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Joe Angione "Conservative Way"7/23/16

Joe's columns use to appear in the Daily Sun. I had e-mailed him on occasions and he would reply. I found him to be a very level headed individual . This exercise pretty much sums up the predicament voters are in today.

I suspect the hot headed troll lurking on these pages will try and bury this thread. My hope is that both liberals and conservatives posters address these issues and defend their position rather than attack but then I also hoped that I could shoot a 68

The “nopes” and “yups” in choosing our next president
My thanks to Gerald Mucci, an excellent fellow journalist, for alerting me to these rather obvious questions that voters must answer to put the best candidate in the White House for the next four years:
Are the folks speaking out against Trump helping me make up my mind a little more every day? NOPE
Is he the perfect candidate whose thoughts mirror mine on all fronts? NOPE
Does he say everything the way I wish he would say it? NOPE
Am I absolutely sure that his motives are absolutely pure? NOPE
Can I point to any Democrat politician that I like better? NOPE
Are there any of the RINO Politicians that I like better? NOPE
Am I going to sit home, refuse to vote, and let Hillary win; because Trump is not perfect? NOPE
Do I like what I have seen for the last 7-1/2 years from the “jerk” that sleeps in my White House? NOPE
Do I like the "fundamental changes" that the same “jerk” has brought about in my America ? NOPE
Is Obama against Trump? YUP
Are the media against Trump? YUP
Are the establishment Democrats against Trump? YUP
Are the establishment Republicans against Trump? YUP
Is the U.N. against Trump? YUP.
Is the European Union against Trump? YUP
Is China against Trump? YUP
Is Mexico against Trump? YUP
Is America’s arch enemy, George Soros, against Trump? YUP
Is Black Lives Matter against Trump? YUP
Is Move On.Org against Trump? YUP
Are Republican establishment backers, the Koch Brothers, against Trump? YUP
Is Planned Parenthood against Trump? YUP
Are crooked Hillary and silly Bernie both against Trump? YUP
Are illegal aliens against Trump? YUP
Is radical Islam against Trump? YUP
Are hate-America, anti-religion, anti-Second Amendment Liberals against Trump? YUP
NOW ALL THAT BEING SAID...It seems that Trump must be the best qualified candidate we have this year.
Please remember this when you enter the voting booth. Also remember if you don’t vote then crooked Hillary wins and we all end up losers.

Personal Best Regards:
Someone (and it wasn't really me, only one of my 'fans' ) already beat you to this.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...361-post1.html

I will give you credit however, as unlike the other person (who has never had an original thought) you cited the source....and didn't try to pass it off as your own work.

CNM
Old 07-24-2016, 07:39 AM
n/a

The OP seems to think he is the all-powerful one who knows exactly what a Christian should believe in. Very arrogant and dangerous thing to do.

Go to church today and listen o your sermon.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
You turned his great post into your agenda. We use to call that a left handed compliment.
I wasn't complaining, and I almost always agree with his thoughts and comments on here. A good conversation is one where there is no name calling and everyone leaves with respect of the others opinion. My comment was not meant to bait, but encourage an exchange of each poster's view on their ideology. Believe it or not, Democrats were not always this liberal. Kaine is hard for some liberals to swallow because he is a moderate Democrat. Trump is hard to figure because he has "evolved" as Obama would say in his views on issues. I totally reject Hillary, because she does NOT fit a particular ideology. She is selfish and self centers far more than any politician I have seen to date. I do not agree with Obama on just about anything, but that is his ideology and his policies. Hillary is not a politician, but a cancer. And once again I digress.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
The OP seems to think he is the all-powerful one who knows exactly what a Christian should believe in. Very arrogant and dangerous thing to do.

Go to church today and listen o your sermon.
You mis-characterize me As a Christian I could not bring myself to vote for Hillary Clinton nor am I happy about Bob Mcconnell Republican governor of Virginia walking free from his malfeasance

We have a lot of corruption and cronyism going on within the political class and I simply don't believe Jesus would accept this hypocrisy.

All i have attempted with this post is to address issues connected with politicians and not name calling

Personal Best Regards:

Tags
nope, yup

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.