Not "guest" anymore?

Old 06-21-2016, 05:09 PM
n/a

Default Not "guest" anymore?

Did something change without my knowledge - or me, being in a drunken stupor, that Poltical Forum posts are now tagged with our screen names?

That is one positive step that should cut down on the racist posts and personal name calling.

I would go one further - print the real names of the posters and not just the screen names.

Thank you, Administrator!
Old 06-21-2016, 05:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Did something change without my knowledge - or me, being in a drunken stupor, that Poltical Forum posts are now tagged with our screen names?

That is one positive step that should cut down on the racist posts and personal name calling.

I would go one further - print the real names of the posters and not just the screen names.

I very much agree with you. This would bring civility to forum and I also believe greatly improve intellectual content.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:13 PM
n/a

I hope it is not just a glitch that will resort back to guest.

I much prefer to have at least some idea if who is involved in a thread.

It would also eliminate those ridiculous self conversations that some depend on.

This is my post to see if it is still in effect.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:24 PM
n/a

Political forum a waste time and space anyway. it won't change nothing. Liberals will always be liberal. Conservative will always be opposite. Until we get rid of political parties, super delegates, electoral college, this corrupt system we have will flourish. And you thing your vote counts
Old 06-21-2016, 07:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I hope it is not just a glitch that will resort back to guest.

I much prefer to have at least some idea if who is involved in a thread.

It would also eliminate those ridiculous self conversations that some depend on.

This is my post to see if it is still in effect.

It takes a some time for your screen name to convert to guest. That's what I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2016, 07:39 PM
n/a

Quote:

Not sure if actual real names would work but screen names for sure. Obviously, I don't have a problem with that.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:19 PM
n/a

If you post on the political forum from an Android using the Tapatalk app it has always and continues to show your real screen name...no change on my end since the political forum was resurrected...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2016, 03:40 AM
n/a

Quote:

I do not believe it would change a thing nor am I in favor of providing this forum with real names.

I do not support the printing of real names because (1) people deserve their privacy (2) some members even with usernames feel intimidated to post (3) brazen members would be at your door steps (4) some members would hold back their real thoughts (5) some of us focus on content of other posters comments, not the poster, and respond to those comments (ie its pure dialogue) (6) if one so desire s/he can meet other posters every third Friday at Crisper.

The Political Forum was closed before because remarks and behavior had gotten out of hand. Many members of that forum knew each other personally and/or by username. It got ugly it got personal and nasty on line ,and with PM's so TOTV Admin shut it down and rightly so.

I prefer username, I prefer PM's and I prefer the ability to edit but its not available with Political Talk. I will accept all of those precautions to protect members and to keep Political Talk viable. I assure you if OP's suggested and sincere request is acted upon in the affirmative political Talk won't last a month

Personal Best Regards:
Old 06-22-2016, 05:52 AM
n/a

Real names would be a step too far, but posting at least user names I'm betting will make the nastiest posters think twice.

Good move IMHO. : thumbup:
Old 06-22-2016, 05:52 AM
n/a

Real names would be a step too far, but posting at least user names I'm betting will make the nastiest posters think twice.

Good move IMHO.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:30 AM
n/a

My post here yesterday showed my screen name. Today it has been converted to guest.

The new posts I have made this morning on other political threads show my screen name.

Something is either not working or is in process.

The other problem I am encountering here on political is when either posting a reply or entering a new thread, when I hit the submit reply my browser goes to a blank page. I then have to access TOTV and then onto Political. The posts are made as submitted, but now have to re-enter the web sight after each post???????
Old 06-23-2016, 10:07 AM
n/a

When I submit a post, my screen goes blank and does not show the updated thread. I have to exit and come back in. Is this going to be the norm, or is this just a temporary glitch? I can/am working with it, so it is just a minor inconvenience. Thanks for the service.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:08 AM
n/a

Ah hah! It didn't do it that time AND I now have an added "edit" button. Cool!
Old 06-23-2016, 06:21 PM
n/a

testing!
Old 06-23-2016, 06:24 PM
n/a

the test after post did work this time, however looks like we are back to all guests!!

Tags
names, posts, screen, anymore, guest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.