Not "guest" anymore?

Old 06-23-2016, 07:18 PM
n/a

Default Not "guest" anymore?

Test, good thing I was wearing my underwear because this test just failed !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2016, 09:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Ah hah! It didn't do it that time AND I now have an added "edit" button. Cool!
I'm still seeing user names, but no edit button or red triangle thingee.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
I'm still seeing user names, but no edit button or red triangle thingee.
Never mind on the user names, seems we are all 'guests' again.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:34 AM
n/a

Back to normal today? Good! Thanks for the great service.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:57 AM
n/a

Whew! Now we can speak honestly again...
Old 06-24-2016, 06:46 AM
n/a

Uh-oh, all Guest again. Won't be long before the moronic postings begin.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
Uh-oh, all Guest again. Won't be long before the moronic postings begin.
No...that's what happened when the names were shown...political correctness dominated.

Hard the be the enlightened man when everyone else is fooled and glaring at you.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:24 AM
n/a

People should "man up" to their beliefs and not care who knows, we are old enough to not care if potential employers see it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2016, 08:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
People should "man up" to their beliefs and not care who knows, we are old enough to not care if potential employers see it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk
What??? Who needs to be employed?
Old 06-24-2016, 08:33 AM
n/a

I think it was an interesting experiment. I read lot of centered and left leaning opinions from many different people. I wonder if those people were always posting or decided to post. I felt better about the villages.

I don't think it costs anything to make a new category. Why not have 2 political threads? One with screen names and one without. There would be more participation, more eyes and this would make the advertisers happier.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
I think it was an interesting experiment. I read lot of centered and left leaning opinions from many different people. I wonder if those people were always posting or decided to post. I felt better about the villages.

I don't think it costs anything to make a new category. Why not have 2 political threads? One with screen names and one without. There would be more participation, more eyes and this would make the advertisers happier.
There definitely was a difference in the type of posts. The hard core spewers who hide by anonymity were kept on the sidelines. But just like pond scum they'll be back.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:54 AM
n/a

Some will speak to the fact it does not matter if your screen name is shown or not.

I personally believe we experienced, as short as it was, a sort of civility along with the screen names.

And of course there would be those who did not or would not post with a screen name showing VS their positions when viewed as one of the guests.

Hypocracy is alive and well as well as courage of convictions.

Me for example, you get the same as guest or screen name or real name or face to face. I may not like some other positions or opinions but I do offer the respect of the other person having one different than mine.

The screen names showing the last few days had the radical, antagonistic, aggravators to a bare minimum.

I still say to the owners of the forum to allow screen names, allow edits, allow ignore and let it self police as it does now. Give the up front warnings and inform folks they are on their own if they enter. It always amazed me the people who would opt in and then complain about content. No actually it made me laugh......that is until they became an additional unwanted burden to the administration.

Enter at your own risk. Don't like it....get out.
The rest of us can handle the off the wall hell raisers......just like we did before.

Two things I really wish we had. The ignore button. And a bite me emoticon!!
Old 06-24-2016, 08:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
There definitely was a difference in the type of posts. The hard core spewers who hide by anonymity were kept on the sidelines. But just like pond scum they'll be back.
And then we can always count on your "one-liners" that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread. Just a bit of partial wit, not to slur but half-wit if you will.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
And then we can always count on your "one-liners" that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread. Just a bit of partial wit, not to slur but half-wit if you will.
Speak for yourself. I hope I can always count on Chi-Towns one liners. They are about the thread and sometimes do slur. More often the posts try to diffuse the situation.

You see the screen name. You get to prejudge. Have the self control not to read the post.

When "We" see the Guest screen name "We" have to read it to know the content. Although usually you can see the direction in a few words and stop reading.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Some will speak to the fact it does not matter if your screen name is shown or not.

I personally believe we experienced, as short as it was, a sort of civility along with the screen names.

And of course there would be those who did not or would not post with a screen name showing VS their positions when viewed as one of the guests.

Hypocracy is alive and well as well as courage of convictions.

Me for example, you get the same as guest or screen name or real name or face to face. I may not like some other positions or opinions but I do offer the respect of the other person having one different than mine.

The screen names showing the last few days had the radical, antagonistic, aggravators to a bare minimum.

I still say to the owners of the forum to allow screen names, allow edits, allow ignore and let it self police as it does now. Give the up front warnings and inform folks they are on their own if they enter. It always amazed me the people who would opt in and then complain about content. No actually it made me laugh......that is until they became an additional unwanted burden to the administration.

Enter at your own risk. Don't like it....get out.
The rest of us can handle the off the wall hell raisers......just like we did before.

Two things I really wish we had. The ignore button. And a bite me emoticon!!
Like this?
Attached Images
File Type: gif biteme.gif (556 Bytes, 10 views)

Tags
names, posts, screen, anymore, guest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.