Notre Dame graduates walk out on Mike Pence commencement speech

Old 05-21-2017, 09:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I am an unapologetic liberal. This kind of post does not help our side although I understand where the motivation to says these things comes from. And if enough Trump administration representatives get booed and walked out on, then perhaps college administrators will stop inviting such persons to give commencement speeches.

Those decrying the actions of the students are failing to understand what the graduation ceremony represents. It is a celebration of the students' accomplishment. The speaker is there to add to the celebration, not detract from it. He, or she, is a guest of the institution but should be someone who is a pleasant addition. The graduation ceremony is not a learning experience. It is not to get another view of our culture or our politics. It is for fun. And being forced to listen to someone who represents the policies of the Trump administration is the opposite of celebratory for most young people and most college educated people.

You pick your best friend to toast you at your wedding, reminding you of past fun times and giving you encouragement for your bright future, not someone who bullied you in high school.
The students want "yes men" in EVERY aspect of their lives now...if you disagree...you're a "hater"...and shunned.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Dirtbanker, you are wrong, as usual. Betsy DeVos is totally unqualified for Sec of Education. She got that because of political donations.

The professors you are bashing are the offspring of our generation. Didn't you teach them right? I went to college to learn to think for myself. The kids in college think for themselves and get challenged by professors. That is good.

Negative Nancy? I don't think so. Combat disabled Vietnam vet. Progressive thinking also.
Sandy - I have thanked you for your service a few times already, but THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! I truly appreciate it!!

I am not wrong. You are bashing someone who is accomplished, only due to her political leanings. She is educated, but you are saying her education is not good enough for you. Do you believe basketball star Arnie got the position due to his performance running the failed Chicago school system??

I am not bashing professors, I am telling you what is happening on campus today, not 1960. The professors are not challenging students, they are ruling and silencing students that due not agree with their political message. You are out of touch with the college environment and I did not educate the professors of today, I am not a liberal.

Ever wonder why an applicant is required to fill out a FAFSA, even if they are not looking for financial assistance...Don't question the demographics cited on the college websites...College is boot camp for the liberal army.

I challenge you to present one positive post you have made on this forum.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:34 AM
n/a

Default A clear indication of what is a left winger

Quote:
Good for them! TOMORROW 5/21 Sunday.

Your view is simply DISGUSTING.

I did not vote for Obama yet he was my president.

Clearly, YOU did not vote for Trump WAKE UP FROM YOUR OBAMA HYPNOSIS. Trump is OUR president. BE THANKFUL FOR OUR FORM OF GOVERNMENT. IF, YOU THINK-YOU WOULD CHOOSE A DICTATORSHIP.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Well trained little puppets
More accurately mindless minions of the party.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
I am an unapologetic liberal. This kind of post does not help our side although I understand where the motivation to says these things comes from. And if enough Trump administration representatives get booed and walked out on, then perhaps college administrators will stop inviting such persons to give commencement speeches.

Those decrying the actions of the students are failing to understand what the graduation ceremony represents. It is a celebration of the students' accomplishment. The speaker is there to add to the celebration, not detract from it. He, or she, is a guest of the institution but should be someone who is a pleasant addition. The graduation ceremony is not a learning experience. It is not to get another view of our culture or our politics. It is for fun. And being forced to listen to someone who represents the policies of the Trump administration is the opposite of celebratory for most young people and most college educated people.

You pick your best friend to toast you at your wedding, reminding you of past fun times and giving you encouragement for your bright future, not someone who bullied you in high school.
Bravo! Well what a nice way to get around to saying simply that " students have a right to say they support speech repression or "shut up" to the ideas of others.

I thought the purpose of a college education is to send students into the world with minds open and questioning, not closed and self righteous? I would believe that the objective would include speakers with varying points of view on the world.

Essentially what students are doing to people like Mike Pence, Ann Coulter, Donald Trump, Heather Mac Donald is what experts term "linguistic constructivism, which holds that we don't merely describe or represent the world in language , language creates the world and ourselves ( i.e. I identify as)...if reality is nothing more than a mere narrative then we can control what people say or are forbidden to say.

Speech repression comes in many forms such as trigger warnings, microagressions, claims of cultural appropriations, claims of non-binary sex ,safe spaces Gosh with lingusitic constructivism , specious claims can be endless.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-21-2017, 12:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Bravo! Well what a nice way to get around to saying simply that " students have a right to say they support speech repression or "shut up" to the ideas of others.

I thought the purpose of a college education is to send students into the world with minds open and questioning, not closed and self righteous? I would believe that the objective would include speakers with varying points of view on the world.

Essentially what students are doing to people like Mike Pence, Ann Coulter, Donald Trump, Heather Mac Donald is what experts term "linguistic constructivism, which holds that we don't merely describe or represent the world in language , language creates the world and ourselves ( i.e. I identify as)...if reality is nothing more than a mere narrative then we can control what people say or are forbidden to say.

Speech repression comes in many forms such as trigger warnings, microagressions, claims of cultural appropriations, claims of non-binary sex ,safe spaces Gosh with lingusitic constructivism , specious claims can be endless.

Personal Best Regards:
To go along with that is the "Manufactured Consent". Where they keep pushing something we don't like and making it seem like everyone likes it to convince us that we like it too or are at least OK with it.

chomsky manufacturing consent - Google Search

It's what they did with homosexuality. What they do with racial equality. They keep pushing a lie until we believe it.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:41 PM
n/a

Several moons ago I was a college student at a well known Midwest
Big Ten University. I had a few so called conservative professors and more so called liberal professors. Nothing much has changed. By both, I learned to think for myself. I found too far left or two far right didn't make sense to me. You can be a Democrat and be conservative about certain issues and you can be Republican and be liberal about certain issues. A stupid uneducated person is one who only looks at issues with tunnel vision. Lots of those types around.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Big Ten University. I had a few so called conservative professors and more so called liberal professors. Nothing much has changed. By both, I learned to think for myself. I found too far left or two far right didn't make sense to me. You can be a Democrat and be conservative about certain issues and you can be Republican and be liberal about certain issues. A stupid uneducated person is one who only looks at issues with tunnel vision. Lots of those types around.
A stupid person also doesn't realize that the country they love...America...is being destroyed. By a Hispanic invasion. He doesn't realize that when Hispanics are having the majority of the babies...and that Hispanics are already the majority below the age of 7...that within 30 years...America will be Mexico II. A lot of stupid people allowed this to happen. And WILL allow it to happen.

Broaden YOUR view of the world.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Baldwin View Post
A stupid person also doesn't realize that the country they love...America...is being destroyed. By a Hispanic invasion. He doesn't realize that when Hispanics are having the majority of the babies...and that Hispanics are already the majority below the age of 7...that within 30 years...America will be Mexico II. A lot of stupid people allowed this to happen. And WILL allow it to happen.

Broaden YOUR view of the world.
¡Qué lástima!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2017, 10:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
JustJim, excellent post!

Keep it up!
Old 05-21-2017, 10:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
several moons ago i was a college student at a well known midwest
big ten university. I had a few so called conservative professors and more so called liberal professors. Nothing much has changed. By both, i learned to think for myself. I found too far left or two far right didn't make sense to me. You can be a democrat and be conservative about certain issues and you can be republican and be liberal about certain issues. A stupid uneducated person is one who only looks at issues with tunnel vision. Lots of those types around.
including you, it looks very apparent
Old 05-21-2017, 10:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
a stupid person also doesn't realize that the country they love...america...is being destroyed. By a hispanic invasion. He doesn't realize that when hispanics are having the majority of the babies...and that hispanics are already the majority below the age of 7...that within 30 years...america will be mexico ii. A lot of stupid people allowed this to happen. And will allow it to happen.

Broaden your view of the world.
what a racist bigot you are...all your posts say the same hatred....perhaps you should go on medication for your problem of false reality
Old 05-22-2017, 04:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
And you spent how much to learn this lesson? Quite the elitist that thinks that anyone that is not as well schooled is "stupid" and "looks at issues with tunnel vision." So, you spent thousands to become "open minded" right? Who's the stupid one?
Old 05-22-2017, 04:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Exactly. You speak to the problem. Once the politicians fit nicely into a bell curve. We had blue dog democrats liberal republicans but they all had one thing in common they were more patriotic and overall had sight of the bigger picture.

In today's political world the Democratic Party is dominated by fascist progressives whose only agenda is total federal/state government control

these fascist progressive are succeeding because they control the public unions and our educational institution from Kindergarten to post grad work. Just look at the public unions platform and look at the curriculum in schools, colleges and universities across the country.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-22-2017, 05:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
¡Qué lástima!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Yes it IS a pity...tell that to your grandchildren.

Quote:
what a racist bigot you are...all your posts say the same hatred....perhaps you should go on medication for your problem of false reality
FALSE reality? You are living in the false, delusional "reality" thinking everything will be fine. It won't. Name me ONE successful place that has gone from a white majority to a black/brown majority. It's already 50:50 white to minority. Hispanics ALREADY are the majority of babies being born and children starting school. It's just a matter of time...within 30 years they ARE the majority.

Quote:
Exactly. You speak to the problem. Once the politicians fit nicely into a bell curve. We had blue dog democrats liberal republicans but they all had one thing in common they were more patriotic and overall had sight of the bigger picture.

In today's political world the Democratic Party is dominated by fascist progressives whose only agenda is total federal/state government control

these fascist progressive are succeeding because they control the public unions and our educational institution from Kindergarten to post grad work. Just look at the public unions platform and look at the curriculum in schools, colleges and universities across the country.

Personal Best Regards:
Because control and quotas is the ONLY way the inferior women and minorities CAN "succeed". Without quotas, they're left out in the cold...UNABLE to compete on an EVEN playing field. Disagree? Remove ALL affirmative action and quotas...see what happens.

Tags
good, speech, mike, pence, commencement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.