Obama gets in the face of the camera, AGAIN, about the shooting in Oregon

Old 10-02-2015, 08:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I am a gun owner. I own both long gun and hand guns.

WE NEED STRICT GUN CONTROL LAWS NOW.
Exactly what "strict gun control laws" do you want to improve on? Because we have strict gun control laws. Almost ALL gun related incidents are related to illegally obtained guns, by perpetrators that would not normally be able to purchase a gun legally. What more do you wish?

Do you want better knife control laws? How about making sure all the little league kids register their bats?

We have a mental control issue, not weapon control. I learned gun control in the Marines. Sight alignment, controlled breathing, gently squeeze the trigger. Gun control.

The constitution protects these kids so that they can watch violent TV and movies, play violent video games where they KILL others, and explicit sex. When you get rid of morals, you leave a vacuum for deviant behavior. Better get used to it, because if it ain't guns, then it will be bombs, knives, bats, axes, steel pipes, cars, etc. Can't get rid of the deviant mentality, so why attempt to get rid of the one defensive device that we have to protect ourselves? We can't carry a Cop around with us 24 hrs a day, and a security guard is very expensive. A good person with a legally purchased gun may be the one person that will save your life, and yet you won't even know he has it all these years until you find yourself in a dangerous situation.

If you want to get rid of violent behavior, you would be better off attempting to cull the deviant DNA gene in newborns. Yes, I am being facetious.

Besides, why do folks worry about a couple dozen school kids, when Planned Parenthood is murdering more black kids in one year than the amount born? More children are killed by abortion than are killed by guns. More children are killed by drugs than by guns. Actually, more people are killed by doctors than by guns.

Most of this was NOT in response to your comment, just throwing in my two cents.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Good folk tale told in every culture.

However, to reality, would a person armed with rock have been able to kill 10 college students? No. Would he have been able to do that with a knife? No.

However, now we will have right wing fools say that students SHOULD ALL be armed at college levels so they can protect themselves.

IN THE WORDS OF COL. SHERMAN T. POTTER - HORSE HOCKEY!
Would he be able to do that with an automobile? Yes.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:22 AM
n/a

I will repeat what I just posted in the regular section of TOTV.

It is not just the guns!!! It is gun avaialability in a very permissive, anything goes and is allowed society with little or no enforcement or involvement.

The continuous exposure to violence in our society becomes allowable at an eralier and earlier age every year. The movies, television, 24/7 medias all promote and exploit violence and promote in your face and thug like behavior. Add in the catalysts of drug availability and not enforcing existing laws all contribute to what our society has bred and become.

The guns have been around since our beginnings. The rampant violence is a funtion of our so called modern day society that refuses to risk hurting someones feelings no matter what they do.

It is not just the guns. Our society promotes and thrives on violence without enforcement.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:27 AM
n/a

More Obama acting and wasting time:

NationalJournal

And of course the usual me and I Obama self promoting:

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=38185&from=allstories

Words. Words and more words.

Actions? None!

Added value? The usual, none!

= the usual waste of time.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:47 AM
n/a

80% of gun related deaths are gang related.

80% of those deaths are drug related, but liberals want to legalize drugs and ban guns. Go figure.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:51 AM
n/a

It's fact that there are more gun related deaths in cities like D.C. with the strictest gun control laws than all of the rest of the country combined.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:54 AM
n/a

6,000 shootings in Chicago since 2012 where there are strict gun laws and Not a word from Obama about it.??? Doesn't fit the agenda, the black on black crime??
Old 10-02-2015, 09:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
Would he be able to do that with an automobile? Yes.
BUT, he did not use a car. He used a GUN!

Do not try the "what if..." game. Use the reality situation.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:18 AM
n/a

Quote:

OK a dose of reality:

High gun crimes in Washington DC, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.

High black involvement in gun crimes in in Washington, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.

Strictest gun laws in Washington, CHicago and New York.

The strict gun control laws have no effect on gun availability or gun incident frequencies.

Any wonder why these data are not used in speeches?
Old 10-02-2015, 10:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
OK a dose of reality:

High gun crimes in Washington DC, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.

High black involvement in gun crimes in in Washington, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.

Strictest gun laws in Washington, CHicago and New York.

The strict gun control laws have no effect on gun availability or gun incident frequencies.

Any wonder why these data are not used in speeches?
Another interesting but never spoken of statistic:
There are twice as many gun related deaths perpetrated by blacks than whites. Does gun control mean we stop selling guns to blacks? No, because most of those gun related deaths were utilizing illegally obtained guns.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:46 AM
n/a

Quote:

The point was, if someone wants to kill another person, they will...using any means available (e.g automobile, pressure-cooker bomb, etc.). I guess you missed the point, not surprising, really, when you olny see the world from an anti-gun ownership viewpoint.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:53 AM
n/a

The UK has very strict gun control laws. But, they have more crime by knives than we do gun crimes per capita. Basically, by percent the UK has twice as many knife crimes as the U.S. has gun crimes.

Guns and knives don't kill people, people kill people. Ban the people and keep the guns and you will have no deaths by guns. Keep the people and ban the guns, and you will still have murders/crime. It's a no brainer.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:57 AM
n/a

Quote:

Take away the perpetrator, did the gun commit the murders?

I've been keeping a close eye on my guns and not one of them have committed a crime since I have had them. The moment one of them goes out and commits a crime, being a law abiding citizen, I plan to turn it in to be prosecuted.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:57 AM
n/a

From the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC 24/7: Saving Lives, Protecting People.

"Every day, almost 30 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 51 minutes. The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $59 billion."

Where is the liberal outrage? I guess it doesn't fit your political agenda. Have another beer.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
From the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC 24/7: Saving Lives, Protecting People.

"Every day, almost 30 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 51 minutes. The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $59 billion."

Where is the liberal outrage? I guess it doesn't fit your political agenda. Have another beer.
Hmmm, which one should we ban, the car or the alcohol?

Tags
good, talk, shooting, oregon, face, obama, camera

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.