Obama giving us another Iran with his abandonment of Mubarak

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Obama giving us another Iran with his abandonment of Mubarak

In a similar situation in the past the most failed President in American History, Jimmy Carter, abandoned our country's ally, the Shah of Iran, and in effect facilitated the transformation of Iran into the anti-American Islamic state that it is. A country that causes our nation untold and continuous grief in world affairs.

Now our current President, Barack Obama, is abandoning our strategic ally, Hosni Mubarak, and asking for an orderly transition to "democratic" rule. This translates into another anti-American Islamic State and one even bigger and more powerful that our enemy Iran.

This shows the incompetence and naivety of this bumbler-in-chief who would, in the name of political correctness and idiotic and impossible attempts to gain points with Islamic anti-American regimes, cast aside our biggest and steadiest ally of 30+ years in the Middle-East region.

This is not the way to continue America's place in the world as the leading super-power, but the way to destroy that image. I have to conclude that this is Obama's plan.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...1?pageNumber=2

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Foreign...-under-the-bus

One more link to prove my point: http://www.haaretz.com/news/internat...barak-1.340168
  #2  
Old 01-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Goes to show how little you're watching.

Hard-line Islamists are a minority in Egypt. The largest opposition to Mubarak is a party that is described as akin to the ruling party in Turkey - which is decided secular especially when compared to the theocracies out there.
  #3  
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Goes to show how little you're watching.

Hard-line Islamists are a minority in Egypt. The largest opposition to Mubarak is a party that is described as akin to the ruling party in Turkey - which is decided secular especially when compared to the theocracies out there.
MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD!!! You believe what you want, but MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD!!! Give me a break.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...rew-c-mccarthy
  #4  
Old 02-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Umm.. the Muslim Brotherhood said they would support El-Baradei. Why? Because they would no longer be 'banned' (though the news reports I've read say they were "unofficially tolerated").

The guy in charge would be El Baradei.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...med_elbaradei/

Yeah. Real radical there. ElBaradei is NOT the Muslim Brotherhood.

I apologize in advance for this sounding demeaning but try not to listen to just the hysteria. OF COURSE when you start to depose a dictator there are going to be SOME fundamentalists trying to take advantage of the situation!
  #5  
Old 02-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I agree with you RichieLion. I apologize in advance for sounding so demeaning, but naivete has reached epidemic proportions.


From an article in the Washington Post speaking about the Brotherhood, under the headline, Muslim Brotherhood says it is only a minor player in Egyptian protests":

"It is not the organization of radical jihadists that it is sometimes made out to be. But its caution in dealing with Mubarak has made it appear recently that it is more concerned with protecting itself than with improving the nation."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn..._world/mideast
  #6  
Old 02-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Do you really think that the extremist minority in Egypt is going to take over when the very middle class that is marching in the streets is ALSO chanting that they don't want to be another Iran?

This isn't 1978. There is no Ayatollah coming back from exile. There *is* a educated moderate coming back in El Baradei.

It's hardly naivete. It's looking at ALL the players in Egypt.
  #7  
Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Do you really think that the extremist minority in Egypt is going to take over when the very middle class that is marching in the streets is ALSO chanting that they don't want to be another Iran?

This isn't 1978. There is no Ayatollah coming back from exile. There *is* a educated moderate coming back in El Baradei.

It's hardly naivete. It's looking at ALL the players in Egypt.
Please wipe the sleep out of your eyes and see what is happening all over the Middle East and Europe. You're not doing your research on the Muslim Brotherhood and other radical Islamic groups. The Muslim Brotherhood is going to form the new regime, if they get their chance with El Baradei, who is no friend of the West.

Oh, and about your remark that you're not being naive about the consequences of Egypt's crisis and the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood; how about reading this?

http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=206130
  #8  
Old 02-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Mubarak

Hosni Mubarak has been an unpredictable ally. He has played our foes as well as us. It is not a surprise that al Qeada ostensibly began in Egypt as he intentionally ignored the anti-Semitism and anti-Westernism propaganda being espoused by Muslim clerics. No one knows on what side this will all fall. What is important is that America should continue to be consistent in its belief of a free domocracy and protection of human rights. Obama did miss a very important opportunity with Iran and I have little faith given his administration will capitalize on the opportunities that could, if planned right, open in Egypt. Clearly Mohammed ElBaradei favors the Muslim Brotherhood and Turkey's prime minister Tayyip Erdogan both of which do not bode well for us. Time will tell
  #9  
Old 02-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Do you really think that the extremist minority in Egypt is going to take over when the very middle class that is marching in the streets is ALSO chanting that they don't want to be another Iran?

This isn't 1978. There is no Ayatollah coming back from exile. There *is* a educated moderate coming back in El Baradei.

It's hardly naivete. It's looking at ALL the players in Egypt.
Gee, it looks like Iran's leadership, notably it's foreign ministry, also believes that the uprising in Egypt will lead to an Islamic Republic. How about that?

http://af.reuters.com/article/egyptN...13756420110201

It also appears that Benjamin Netanyahu, the prime minister of Israel and, I would argue, someone with their ear to the ground of the Egyptian situation, also is in fear of the coming an Islamic takeover of Egypt. Son of a gun!!

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/austral...over-in-egypt/
  #10  
Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default And I always thought that Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
In a similar situation in the past the most failed President in American History, Jimmy Carter, abandoned our country's ally, the Shah of Iran, and in effect facilitated the transformation of Iran into the anti-American Islamic state that it is. A country that causes our nation untold and continuous grief in world affairs.

Now our current President, Barack Obama, is abandoning our strategic ally, Hosni Mubarak, and asking for an orderly transition to "democratic" rule. This translates into another anti-American Islamic State and one even bigger and more powerful that our enemy Iran.

This shows the incompetence and naivety of this bumbler-in-chief who would, in the name of political correctness and idiotic and impossible attempts to gain points with Islamic anti-American regimes, cast aside our biggest and steadiest ally of 30+ years in the Middle-East region.

This is not the way to continue America's place in the world as the leading super-power, but the way to destroy that image. I have to conclude that this is Obama's plan.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...1?pageNumber=2

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Foreign...-under-the-bus

One more link to prove my point: http://www.haaretz.com/news/internat...barak-1.340168
is our best friend in the middle east. Silly me. Also, you completely misrepresent the facts about what is happening in Egypt. Coming from you though, I'm not surprised. At least you're consistent.
  #11  
Old 02-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Prejudice is Blinding

The obvious motive of the author of this thread, and essentially all of his others, is simply to find another excuse to bash the President. To hell with objectivity, or in this case considering all of the factors which are involved in the US taking a formal stand on the situation in Egypt.

In addition to those who have already exposed enough of the author's faulty reasoning to the point of embarrassment, I would add that the the Saudis and the Jordanians have a strong voice in shaping our to policy toward Egypt as well, and so far, the President has successfully kept from infuriating them. Or does our author still think that none of these other countries matter much?

So not only do I suggest again that this this forum be civil, but that posters concentrate more on facts rather than sophomoric character assassination.
  #12  
Old 02-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
The obvious motive of the author of this thread, and essentially all of his others, is simply to find another excuse to bash the President. To hell with objectivity, or in this case considering all of the factors which are involved in the US taking a formal stand on the situation in Egypt.

In addition to those who have already exposed enough of the author's faulty reasoning to the point of embarrassment, I would add that the the Saudis and the Jordanians have a strong voice in shaping our to policy toward Egypt as well, and so far, the President has successfully kept from infuriating them. Or does our author still think that none of these other countries matter much?

So not only do I suggest again that this this forum be civil, but that posters concentrate more on facts rather than sophomoric character assassination.
Did you read any of the newspaper articles posted or are you just going to have an uniformed opinion?

You better read up on Jordan; they're also falling as we speak.
  #13  
Old 02-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
The obvious motive of the author of this thread, and essentially all of his others, is simply to find another excuse to bash the President. To hell with objectivity, or in this case considering all of the factors which are involved in the US taking a formal stand on the situation in Egypt.

In addition to those who have already exposed enough of the author's faulty reasoning to the point of embarrassment, I would add that the the Saudis and the Jordanians have a strong voice in shaping our to policy toward Egypt as well, and so far, the President has successfully kept from infuriating them. Or does our author still think that none of these other countries matter much?

So not only do I suggest again that this this forum be civil, but that posters concentrate more on facts rather than sophomoric character assassination.
My general response to this post is that I have not seen much of "character assassination." on this board. I am and have been opposed to almost everything this president stands for, and his not telling the truth. For that I am called a racist and other things....I apologize, but the man has done nothing but talk and worry about himself since he began campaigning and it has followed into the WH !

The ME is in turmoil...how you can deny that is beyond me. I do not blame him for this totally, but I cant help but wonder about people like you who can find no fault with this man despite the evidence of lying and manipulating !

HOWEVER, I will give this President credit and say he has grown as relates to terrorism. While many still to this day criticize the previous administration for "using" terrorism and pooh poohed the threat, I believe this president has learned it is real. What brings this to mind today is the Wikileaks documents that I just read about in the Vancouver paper that says...

"Al-Qaida is on the verge of producing radioactive weapons after sourcing nuclear material and recruiting rogue scientists to build "dirty" bombs, according to leaked diplomatic documents.

A leading atomic regulator has privately warned that the world stands on the brink of a "nuclear 9/11".


http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Qai...104/story.html

The ME has got to be addressed and not with an intellectual exercise !
  #14  
Old 02-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default I wonder if our former President's lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
My general response to this post is that I have not seen much of "character assassination." on this board. I am and have been opposed to almost everything this president stands for, and his not telling the truth. For that I am called a racist and other things....I apologize, but the man has done nothing but talk and worry about himself since he began campaigning and it has followed into the WH !

The ME is in turmoil...how you can deny that is beyond me. I do not blame him for this totally, but I cant help but wonder about people like you who can find no fault with this man despite the evidence of lying and manipulating !

HOWEVER, I will give this President credit and say he has grown as relates to terrorism. While many still to this day criticize the previous administration for "using" terrorism and pooh poohed the threat, I believe this president has learned it is real. What brings this to mind today is the Wikileaks documents that I just read about in the Vancouver paper that says...

"Al-Qaida is on the verge of producing radioactive weapons after sourcing nuclear material and recruiting rogue scientists to build "dirty" bombs, according to leaked diplomatic documents.

A leading atomic regulator has privately warned that the world stands on the brink of a "nuclear 9/11".


http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Qai...104/story.html

The ME has got to be addressed and not with an intellectual exercise !
about wmd's bothered you at all? It seems to me that starting a war based on a lie is a pretty serious offense. I have a feeling that you were not bothered at all.
  #15  
Old 02-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Just Saw Mitt Romney

being interviewed on tv, and he basically endorsed the course of action Obama is following vis a vis the situation in Egypt. I wonder what he sees that the original poster failed to understand?
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.