Obama..iran

Old 03-29-2015, 11:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Could you explain what is the President's own sinister agenda, and what are the other options besides an agreement or going to war?
You ask what IS it - I would have no way of knowing anything for sure, as you well know, but I am certainly not the only one who believes and/or fears that this President may have an agenda that could bring this country to its knees. For what reason(s), I cannot tell you, as I'm certainly not in his "inner circle", but his actions against Israel and toward Iran speak volumes to me. Again, I'll repeat it, because I'm sure it will come up again - I don't know anything for sure, but I tend to look at how a person walks, not just how he talks, when critiquing a situation and formulating an opinion.

As far as the second part of your question, I would agree with ongoing sanctions toward a country that appears intent on destroying mine. It's much too complicated to go into here, but I don't know how one can come to any kind of agreement with an enemy like Iran.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
Last time I checked, the President is a representative of the American people
I look at it differently. I see the President as a leader. Yes, he represents the American people, but not in such a direct way as our Congressmen/women are elected to do so. When I have an issue or point of view that I want to be heard, I generally contact my Congressperson because they are supposed to be our voice, so to speak. A good leader does not make difficult decisions without input from others, especially when those "others" can be severely affected.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
The congress couldn't even debate or vote on the authorization to use military force against ISSL, plus they are on vacation until mid-April while the last minute meetings continue in Switzerland.
I agree - this has certainly been a huge issue in moving forward with anything in this country. Not denying that! But again, JMHO, that is where a good leader can make a real difference because good leaders bring people together and make that a priority from the start. We have not had that for quite some time now.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Last time I checked, the President is a representative of the American people
In name and sworn to do so only.

By actions he is not representing we the people as he continues to by pass the constitution.
The will of the people has been over whelming to support the Canadian pipeline.....so how is doing for them?
The will of the people was against the ACA....it got passed anyway.
Just to name a couple.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
The congress couldn't even debate or vote on the authorization to use military force against ISSL, plus they are on vacation until mid-April while the last minute meetings continue in Switzerland.
Well he certainly is no longer the lead dog in this adventure andymore.
The King of Jordan took the bull by the horns and went after the radicals within 24 hours of saying he would do so.

Now the other Arab countries are coming together to do the same.
And it is not taking them years to figure out what to do.
Israel will soon be going off on their own without waiting for us any longer.

Lead, follow or get out of the way......no danger that we will lead or follow so.....excuse us as we get out of the way of those commited to making something happen.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
So all the 'sane' posters on this forum who support going to war with Iran should just come out and say that, and stop beating around the bush.
As usual, you (as a good liberal) emote vs think on this issue. If one is against giving away the store via “negotiations” on a Iranian nuke deal, then ergo one is in favor of war. Grow up … better yet, use that appendage atop your shoulders.

The first course should be reimposition and strengthening of sanctions. That’s why the Iranians are at the table in the first place. Iran is a radical Islamic state. The ONLY thing that will keep them at bay is the threat of force. Read the history and biography of the Prophet if that’s not clear … the basic faith is imperialistic and expansion oriented which means killing infidels as needed until worldwide peace is obtained etc. By the way, should that occur, and should you survive the jihad, that means you get to wear a burqa.

I don’t think Iran would be dumb enough to start a war with the US and Israel. Assuming courage and leadership at the top by the Commander in Chief (which is a shaky assumption I admit), they know they would lose and thus be deterred. They know Israel would strike so let’s express our appreciation that Bibi was reelected.

Regarding war, if it did come to that theoretically, would you prefer to fight an Iran without nukes, or wait until they have them?

You truly don’t seem to understand the most concerning aspect of this … and have never really addressed it even though I’ve posited it to you several times. If Iran gets a nuke they WILL use it at some point against the US … ie nuclear jihad. The most likely method of attack is an ICBM exploded high in the atmosphere above the Midwest to produce an EMP effect which would wipe out most electrical service across the country. In short, one explosion and you / me / all of us revert to a 19th century life cycle for 6 months to a year. Let’s hope you are a 2nd amendment supporter because you’ll need it until the lights come back on.

Just out of curiosity, do you truly not understand the risk of nuclear jihad, or would you just prefer to ignore it and hope the threat goes away??
Old 03-31-2015, 11:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
As usual, you (as a good liberal) emote vs think on this issue. If one is against giving away the store via “negotiations” on a Iranian nuke deal, then ergo one is in favor of war. Grow up … better yet, use that appendage atop your shoulders.

The first course should be reimposition and strengthening of sanctions. That’s why the Iranians are at the table in the first place. Iran is a radical Islamic state. The ONLY thing that will keep them at bay is the threat of force. Read the history and biography of the Prophet if that’s not clear … the basic faith is imperialistic and expansion oriented which means killing infidels as needed until worldwide peace is obtained etc. By the way, should that occur, and should you survive the jihad, that means you get to wear a burqa.

I don’t think Iran would be dumb enough to start a war with the US and Israel. Assuming courage and leadership at the top by the Commander in Chief (which is a shaky assumption I admit), they know they would lose and thus be deterred. They know Israel would strike so let’s express our appreciation that Bibi was reelected.

Regarding war, if it did come to that theoretically, would you prefer to fight an Iran without nukes, or wait until they have them?

You truly don’t seem to understand the most concerning aspect of this … and have never really addressed it even though I’ve posited it to you several times. If Iran gets a nuke they WILL use it at some point against the US … ie nuclear jihad. The most likely method of attack is an ICBM exploded high in the atmosphere above the Midwest to produce an EMP effect which would wipe out most electrical service across the country. In short, one explosion and you / me / all of us revert to a 19th century life cycle for 6 months to a year. Let’s hope you are a 2nd amendment supporter because you’ll need it until the lights come back on.

Just out of curiosity, do you truly not understand the risk of nuclear jihad, or would you just prefer to ignore it and hope the threat goes away??

Gosh, these are word for word the exact same arguments for going to war with Iraq. No need to write a new column, just rehash the old ones from 2002/2003.

Without the other superpowers agreeing, the US cannot impose sanctions on Iran on its own.

Be afraid, be very afraid. Sadam Hussein is loading up his balsam aircraft with nuclear weapons and heading to the US. Now where did he hide those pesky WMD's?
Old 03-31-2015, 11:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Well he certainly is no longer the lead dog in this adventure andymore.
The King of Jordan took the bull by the horns and went after the radicals within 24 hours of saying he would do so.

Now the other Arab countries are coming together to do the same.
And it is not taking them years to figure out what to do.
Israel will soon be going off on their own without waiting for us any longer.

Lead, follow or get out of the way......no danger that we will lead or follow so.....excuse us as we get out of the way of those commited to making something happen.

It sounds like the president will just keep kicking the can down the road until he can turn over the reins to President Ted Cruz.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Gosh, these are word for word the exact same arguments for going to war with Iraq. No need to write a new column, just rehash the old ones from 2002/2003.

Without the other superpowers agreeing, the US cannot impose sanctions on Iran on its own.

Be afraid, be very afraid. Sadam Hussein is loading up his balsam aircraft with nuclear weapons and heading to the US. Now where did he hide those pesky WMD's?
Sorry, this is too serious a topic with which to employ the usual liberal tactics of mocking, evading and such when you can’t answer the question posed. What are you going to do to prevent Iran from getting a nuke, which means at some point, nuclear jihad. ??

I think an immediate problem is you truly don’t understand the nature of the Iranian hardliners, their whole apocalyptic views about the 12th Imam nor, most especially, the impact of a single EMP burst.

This article talks about an EMP attack on Israel but is applicable to the US

An electromagnetic pulse attack -- the 'other' Iranian nuclear threat | The Times of Israel

Now, tell us all again why you, when push comes to shove, are ok with allowing the Iranians to get a nuke??
Old 03-31-2015, 01:32 PM
n/a

Quote:

Has nothing to do with the current Iran situation.
If you do not view or undserstand the seriousness of the Iran threat then you are either:
>naieve
>don't care as long as it is OK with Obama
>so afraid the only play left is to continually mock everybody and everything they say.
>Totally and completely unable, for what ever reason, able to discuss anything and then counterpoint with antagonism.
>I will remain polite and stop there.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
Has nothing to do with the current Iran situation.
If you do not view or undserstand the seriousness of the Iran threat then you are either:
>naieve
>don't care as long as it is OK with Obama
>so afraid the only play left is to continually mock everybody and everything they say.
>Totally and completely unable, for what ever reason, able to discuss anything and then counterpoint with antagonism.
>I will remain polite and stop there.
How about letting the people that have been at the table negotiating with Iran for the past 18 months answer those questions, and not the armchair generals on this forum, many of whom have never seen any combat in their lives. And the same posters who get all their info from the war-mongers in the republican party, the same ones who were so wrong about Iraq who say trust us we got nothing right in Iraq but now we know what to do in Iran.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:21 PM
n/a

You most certainly are not the ONLY veteran on this or any other forum.

It is just too bad you choose to brag about being a Viet Nam vet in a venue where you poison everything anybody has to say.....I know too many Nam vets and let me say, based on your behavior on this forum you are truly in a class by yourself.

Congratulations.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
How about letting the people that have been at the table negotiating with Iran for the past 18 months answer those questions, and not the armchair generals on this forum, many of whom have never seen any combat in their lives. And the same posters who get all their info from the war-mongers in the republican party, the same ones who were so wrong about Iraq who say trust us we got nothing right in Iraq but now we know what to do in Iran.
I think you are immobilized by fear and thus unable to even discuss alternatives ... and continue to dodge the practical issue of how to prevent nuclear jihad.

By the way, we are not witnessing a "negotiation" but rather nothing more than a slow motion capitulation dressed up with only the lightest touch of lipstick
Old 03-31-2015, 02:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
I think you are immobilized by fear and thus unable to even discuss alternatives ... and continue to dodge the practical issue of how to prevent nuclear jihad.

By the way, we are not witnessing a "negotiation" but rather nothing more than a slow motion capitulation dressed up with only the lightest touch of lipstick
Excellent.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
You most certainly are not the ONLY veteran on this or any other forum.

It is just too bad you choose to brag about being a Viet Nam vet in a venue where you poison everything anybody has to say.....I know too many Nam vets and let me say, based on your behavior on this forum you are truly in a class by yourself.

Congratulations.
Yes I too get tired of Mr Spittle's continual name calling, lack of substantive contribution to pretty much any topic and his infinite supply of rage.

Now he wants to compare combat records?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.