OBAMA manufactured Netanyahu speech spat

Old 02-19-2015, 09:53 AM
n/a

We all know that if whatever is said and done is in support of the current regimes agenda there is nothing said by anybody.

One word, step or action in opposition or non support is magnified and repeatedly parroted from the WH to the media to the rank and file to TOTV.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
We all know that if whatever is said and done is in support of the current regimes agenda there is nothing said by anybody.

One word, step or action in opposition or non support is magnified and repeatedly parroted from the WH to the media to the rank and file to TOTV.
Not sure that a direct lie is simply a misstep !
Old 02-19-2015, 11:17 AM
n/a

Question

Quote:
Not sure that a direct lie is simply a misstep !
What is the 'direct lie' word for word with links, please explain.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Is anyone surprised at this....

"President Barack Obama and his minions in the White House and the press have had a lot to say about how ‘disrespectful’ it was for Congress to invite Israeli PM Benyamin Netanyahu to address a joint session of congress without informing the White House. And how wrong it was for Netanyahu to accept when he knew the White House hadn’t been informed.

Breaking: NYT Admits Obama Deliberately Manufactured Netanyahu Spat | Rob Miller | The Blogs | The Times of Israel

THIS IS THE ACTUAL CORRECTION IN THE NEW YORK TIMES THAT NOBODY SEEMS TO WANT TO TALK ABOUT....

"Correction: January 30, 2015
An earlier version of this article misstated when Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel accepted Speaker John A. Boehner’s invitation to address Congress. He accepted after the administration had been informed of the invitation, not before."

This is the link to the Times article and the correction is at the bottom of the page...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/30/us...s&emc=rss&_r=5

More from the first link to the Times of Israel....

"Of course, the truth is that the White House was never bypassed or circumvented. Netanyahu only accepted Speaker John Boehner’s invitation after he knew the White House had been informed and had a chance to object.

And if the Obama White House had some objection and had actually communicated it to Netanyahu, do you think that just maybe, he might have made decision not to accept the speaking invitation?

Instead, the Obama White House said nothing, and Netanyahu, whose country gets threatened with destruction by Iran about every other week decided to accept Boehner’s invitation to speak to congress and help provide an impetus for legislation on Iranian sanctions that’s in both Israel and America’s interest .

"So there was a precedent set then, and no reason for Boehner or Netanyahu to assume there was any problem when the White House didn’t respond with any objections this time.

The resulting fracas was simply kabuki outrage manufactured to create a negative impression that Israel had somehow ‘disrespected’ an American president. And of course, to assist Netanyahu’s political enemies in the coming election…where the Obama Administration has already sent a crack campaign team and millions in campaign funds for the same purpose. The shotgun wedding of Labor’s Yitzhak Herzog and Tzipi Livni lost no time in trying to spin this to show that ‘Netanyahu was destroying Israel’s relationship with the U.S.’
I believe the complaint was that the invitation was made by Boehner directly to Netanyahu rather than having the invitation come from the Whitehouse. The Congress is not empowered to negotiate with foreign countries; that is the purview of the Executive Branch. This is the first time that this kind of thing has been done and I believe it sets a poor precedent.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
I believe the complaint was that the invitation was made by Boehner directly to Netanyahu rather than having the invitation come from the Whitehouse. The Congress is not empowered to negotiate with foreign countries; that is the purview of the Executive Branch. This is the first time that this kind of thing has been done and I believe it sets a poor precedent.
Let me say on the record, I am and was not happy with the invitation.

Having said that, now knowing that Netanyahu was being ignored by the WH, and IN MY OPINION, this being one of the most important negotiations in years and most important to Israel, I understand it.

There must be communications between the WH and congress. It just has to be.

I am not sure about the poor precedent, but I can see the point. This is SO VITAL to Israel and they have been a close ally for so long, I just do not understand the freezing them out.

It is the very meaning of life and death for that country.

But, again see why folks do not like it and I can see both sides on this issue, but the thread was more about the misleading of the american public about the very facts of the invitation.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:54 AM
n/a

I am still awaiting someone who is attacking the Obama administration to point out the LIE they are accused of making in this situation. And the accusation that they caused this problem is ridiculous. Boehner admitted on Fox that his office deliberately shut out the WH in negotiating with a foreign government as Boehner did not want interference. Like it or not it is the executive branch which is in charge of negotiating with foreign governments, both the Israeli and Iranian governments. And if the WH pointed that out and the GOP gets its feelings hurt, that is so sad. Perhaps Boehner can cry some more.

Instead those on the right say, we need to do it differently than it has always been done because 1. We always opposed Obama 2. We are too stupid to know exactly what Netanyahu will say if we ask his opinion of negotiating with Iran. 3. In the SOTU speech Obama asked Congress to let the negotiations see what they can accomplish and we want to Spit in his face as soon as possible so we announce this end run around the WH on the morning after the SOTU.
Attached Images
File Type: png untitled.png (12.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-20-2015, 01:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
I am still awaiting someone who is attacking the Obama administration to point out the LIE they are accused of making in this situation. And the accusation that they caused this problem is ridiculous. Boehner admitted on Fox that his office deliberately shut out the WH in negotiating with a foreign government as Boehner did not want interference. Like it or not it is the executive branch which is in charge of negotiating with foreign governments, both the Israeli and Iranian governments. And if the WH pointed that out and the GOP gets its feelings hurt, that is so sad. Perhaps Boehner can cry some more.

Instead those on the right say, we need to do it differently than it has always been done because 1. We always opposed Obama 2. We are too stupid to know exactly what Netanyahu will say if we ask his opinion of negotiating with Iran. 3. In the SOTU speech Obama asked Congress to let the negotiations see what they can accomplish and we want to Spit in his face as soon as possible so we announce this end run around the WH on the morning after the SOTU.
Not in a position to say that I know anything for sure on this. What it appears from multiple sources is this....

Netanyahu requested through the WH permission to speak to congress, on his assumption that congress would be consulted on any treaty, especially this one.

The WH ignored him totally and never even responded.

Boehner knowing all of this, invited him on his own to speak to congress.

The WH then turned the tables, ommitted the fact that they had ignored Netanyahu and never answered him and just criticized Boehner.

That is what appears to be the case. You can pick your bad guy from that.

I might add that there are a number of Democrats, not just the guy in NJ, who welcome him and do not understand what the WH is up to on this thing.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Not in a position to say that I know anything for sure on this. What it appears from multiple sources is this....

Netanyahu requested through the WH permission to speak to congress, on his assumption that congress would be consulted on any treaty, especially this one.

The WH ignored him totally and never even responded.

Boehner knowing all of this, invited him on his own to speak to congress.
And if Netanyahu never communicated with the WH about wanting to speak to Congress, and the WH therefore never ignored his request.. would that change your perspective on this? If all of the negotiation began and ended with Netanyahu and Boehner doing this on their own, bypassing the WH completely until just moments before the public announcement?

Maybe I missed it but I never saw anything about Bibi asking the WH for their consent before this process or during this process. What I saw is that Bibi never communicated with the WH on this issue leaving it up to Boehner to provide that notification.

So citation please from one of those multiple sources? I have looked unsuccessfully for that aspect of the story

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.