Good going, Fox!

Old 03-30-2011, 03:43 PM
n/a

Default Good going, Fox!

I was just reading that Fox probably will not be renewing Glenn Beck's contract which expires in December. The reason for this is the declining numbers of viewers for Beck's program.

See, Fox does some things right (no pun intended) - every now and then!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
I was just reading that Fox probably will not be renewing Glenn Beck's contract which expires in December. The reason for this is the declining numbers of viewers for Beck's program.

If true, then Fox is making an intelligent decision. If the audience for the Glen Beck program cannot pay for it, via advertisements or other ways, then the program should be cancelled. It should not be kept on the air using taxpayer money no matter who thinks that this would be worthwhile.

When we seek to apply these same standards to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, liberals scream that we are seeking to eliminate vital news and opinion. Can you explain why taxpayers should support one set of opinions but not another?
Old 04-01-2011, 12:15 PM
n/a

Public radio and television is a far, far cry from Lonesome Roads Beck.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Public radio and television is a far, far cry from Lonesome Roads Beck.
Somehow I find it equally offensive to be required to support either Glenn Beck or Garrison Keillor. Can you explain why I support either one of them with my tax dollars? I have no desire to control any radio or television station - I simply do not want money taken from me to support them. If you choose to support the Corporation for Public Broadcasting with your own money, go and do it with my blessing. It's your money to spend as you choose. Just don't take my money to support NPR and I won't try to take yours to support FOX.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:05 PM
n/a

BarbequeMan certainly has the right views on this matter. I agree with him - and that does not happen too often, does it?
Old 04-01-2011, 03:10 PM
n/a

Quote:

Can you ID your source for this news?

Let's see Beck left CNN, now Fox. Where next, please don't say MSNBC.

Maybe he can get a spot on NPR or PBS?
Old 04-01-2011, 05:06 PM
n/a

Maybe start his own network...a la' Oprah Winfrey?
Old 04-01-2011, 05:07 PM
n/a

??????????? Where is this taxpayer money thing coming from??????????
Fox News does not run on taxpayer dollars. Who comes up with this stuff???

Beck still has higher ratings than his three competitors on CNN, MSNBC and HLN combined.
I don't know if Fox will replace Beck, but those are the ratings facts.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:10 PM
n/a

Quote:

Would you please please post a link or something for what you are reporting as fact ? Thank you...I can find no such report.

I did find that the ratings dropped HOWEVER...you gotta keep it in perspective..

Beck’s Ratings Bounce Back

Fox News host Glenn Beck whose ratings slide created widespread speculation in the mainstream media that he would leave the network and start his own channel has seen a ratings revival this week.

On Tuesday Beck attracted 656,000 viewers in the key A25-54 demo coming within 1,000 viewers of Sean Hannity and 558,000 on Wednesday which beat Hannity by 24,000 viewers and put him in second place in prime time behind only The O’Reilly Factor.

The liberal media would love to see Beck leave Fox and his very visible cable news presence but as he has proven so far this week he still attracts a significant number of viewers and handily beats MSNBC and CNN and wouldn’t be easy to replace.

The liberal media would love to see Beck leave Fox and his very visible cable news presence but as he has proven so far this week he still attracts a significant number of viewers and handily beats MSNBC and CNN and wouldn’t be easy to replace.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/34833

And an in depth look at the ratings themselve have him beating all others by a wide margin...A WIDE MARGIN !!

The only information actually comes from Media Matters and we all know what they are all about.

I am not a big Beck fan but I am a fan of telling the truth and being honest and keeping things in perspective.....

I will look forward to the link that validates what you post as fact ! Thank you
Old 04-01-2011, 07:23 PM
n/a

Liberals love free speech as long as it's only theirs. Differing opinions must go and they are happy to see them go.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:28 PM
n/a

Bucco -

You can look it up on the Internet as well as I can. Have fun and draw your own conclusions. You always do.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
Bucco -

You can look it up on the Internet as well as I can. Have fun and draw your own conclusions. You always do.
In other words, as I suspected, you made it up !!!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaParkersburg View Post
I believe kicking Beck to the curb would give a boost to the ratings of all the more serious names on FOX.
Really? There are serious names on FOX????
Old 04-02-2011, 10:27 AM
n/a

Bucco,

You know you have looked up all the sources for all posts on the Internet. Don't give me the garbage of "Just as I thought, you made it up." The offer of getting together over a cold beer at Cody's is off the table.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:12 AM
n/a

I myself have looked for stories about this thread Tbugs, and so far, every story if from a left wing nutjob site, who have been attacking and calling for boycotts against Beck for years. Even the much read liberal site with some redeeming qualities, The Huffington Post, only is reporting that Beck's contract is up in December and theorizing what might happen.

Until this is at least a major news outlet story, how can you give it any credence?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.