Rosie O'Donnell's son wants to join the military

Old 04-04-2011, 05:05 PM
n/a

Default Rosie O'Donnell's son wants to join the military

I know I've started a lot of threads lately, but I couldn't resist this story of Rosie O'Donnells son who has been obsessed with the military since he's been a boy and at 15 yrs. old now, still has that passion to join.

It's got to be some kind of celestial karma to balance out his mother's views. I just have to giggle at this story.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URiVdJfKH2I&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Old 04-04-2011, 08:51 PM
n/a

I think Tom Selleck should send her son a free NRA membership. Good one Richie.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 PM
n/a

Default Youthful Rebellion

Rosie's son is like many of our children. He is rebelling against the beliefs of his parents, in this case his mother. I have no idea how many of you did the same thing when you were young nor how many of your kids rebelled. If you did or they have, it's healthy. While I agree with the views the son is now exposing and disagree strongly with what Rosie has done and been preaching, it's not for me to judge her kids and then attack her through them.

I, for one, am tired of people taking cheap shots at children in order to attack their parents. Bristol Palin is perhaps the most egregious and unprincipled use by the media to attack a parent through the child. No similar attack was ever made on any of the children of national politicians until the publication of the Bush girls going to a bar and having a drink while underage. I know I did that - any of you who want to criticize who are in a position to , "...throw the first stone." please speak up if you are.

I hope that we can leave the families of candidates out of the discussions in the future. Stop buying the papers that do so and turn the channel on any network that does. JMHO
Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMan View Post
Rosie's son is like many of our children. He is rebelling against the beliefs of his parents, in this case his mother. I have no idea how many of you did the same thing when you were young nor how many of your kids rebelled. If you did or they have, it's healthy. While I agree with the views the son is now exposing and disagree strongly with what Rosie has done and been preaching, it's not for me to judge her kids and then attack her through them.

I, for one, am tired of people taking cheap shots at children in order to attack their parents. Bristol Palin is perhaps the most egregious and unprincipled use by the media to attack a parent through the child. No similar attack was ever made on any of the children of national politicians until the publication of the Bush girls going to a bar and having a drink while underage. I know I did that - any of you who want to criticize who are in a position to , "...throw the first stone." please speak up if you are.

I hope that we can leave the families of candidates out of the discussions in the future. Stop buying the papers that do so and turn the channel on any network that does. JMHO

BBQ; Who's attacking anyone? It's just that after years of hearing Rosie's moronic blather, I just find it ironic her son views, on the U.S. military anyway, are in dichotomy of hers.

This story is only known because Rosie disclosed it herself. If she didn't want it known, and conceivably talked about, she wouldn't have related the tale.
Rosie is not a candidate for anything, but she is a public figure and what I reported isn't an attack but just a posting of her own words. I'm certainly not demeaning her son; as he has a noble ambition.

I'm sorry if you don't see why I find her story humorous.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.