Obama/Weiner 2012

Old 06-08-2011, 05:32 PM
n/a

Default Obama/Weiner 2012

The Villages Florida
Old 06-08-2011, 06:36 PM
n/a

Not to be contrary, Richie, but that is not a weiner that the President is eating. It is a "half smoke" and is at Ben's Chili House in Washington, DC.

There is a sign on the wall at Ben's that says the only person that eats for free there is Bill Cosby.

I have been there several times and the half-smokes with chili and onions are a taste treat. Hope you have some Clorets after it when you go back to work, though.

My compliments to you on a very clever picture and caption. Definitely gave me a laugh.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Not to be contrary, Richie, but that is not a weiner that the President is eating. It is a "half smoke" and is at Ben's Chili House in Washington, DC.

There is a sign on the wall at Ben's that says the only person that eats for free there is Bill Cosby.

I have been there several times and the half-smokes with chili and onions are a taste treat. Hope you have some Clorets after it when you go back to work, though.

My compliments to you on a very clever picture and caption. Definitely gave me a laugh.
I beg your pardon sir, but that picture was taken of Obama eating at one of Toledo, Ohio's historically successful resturants~ Rudy's Hotdog.
Rudy's has been for 90 years. It was a real treat to go there when I was a kid. BTW, this is one of the more sane things that I have ever seen Mr. Obama do! He is not the only one to travel a long way for a Rudy's Hotdog~ This picture and several others of the Pres are posted on their website. http://rudyshotdog.com/Home_Page.html
However, most people travel there on their own dime, not mine. Plus, he was several hours late, tying up local and interstate (Ohio Turnpike) traffic while all law officials held his route open for him. whatever. He then made a speech at our Chrysler plant wherein, he quoted phoney numbers. He also told the audience that Chet's Resturant was one of his success stories~having helped them recover with stimulus money. Ironically, Chet's permanently closed their doors within a day or two of his visit, siting that they could no longer survive as a result of Ohio's smoking ban...I gotta stop now and go take my blood pressure bill...
Old 06-12-2011, 01:12 PM
n/a

Thanks for the clarification Katz. I didn't bother verifying what Bugs was talking about as I only posted it because I thought it was funny. Now I read your post, and I'm cracking up all over again. Thanks for that.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:11 PM
n/a

RichieLion~ It was truly my pleasure! I did some LMAO over it too!
Old 06-12-2011, 02:37 PM
n/a

Default You are disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
The Villages Florida
You are disgusting Richielion
Old 06-12-2011, 03:08 PM
n/a

Doesn't this guy ever stay home and get some work done. I hope someone is double checking his expense account?
Old 06-12-2011, 03:22 PM
n/a

I stand corrected. Anyhow, if you are ever in Washington, DC - do try Ben's Chili Bowl. Excellent half-smokes and chili.

Even Presidents have to eat.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:39 PM
n/a

Tbug...If Obama has his way just about every woring person in the USA will have to relocate to Washington DC in order to begin their new government jobs. Imagine the number of hot doags that will be consumed per day Wow
Old 06-12-2011, 03:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflynn1 View Post
You are disgusting
I sent you a private message in response to your private message before I saw this post of yours. My response remains unchanged.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:58 PM
n/a

Default Government job

Rubicon,

Hey, take it easy on government jobs. I worked for the Veterans Administration in Washington, DC for 36 years. I helped many veterans and their families in that time.

There was a hot dog stand outside the VA Central Office building every day at noontime. 2 hot dogs, chips, and a soda for $2.50 and the toppings of chili, cheese, onion, kraut, mustard, or ketchup were free. (Pepto-Bismol was extra).
Old 06-13-2011, 05:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Doesn't this guy ever stay home and get some work done. I hope someone is double checking his expense account?
A quick internet search finds something interesting.

From: http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/pre...vacation-days/

In Obama's first year, he took vacations that totalled 26 days.

In Reagan's first year, he took 42.

George W. Bush took all or part of 69 days in his first year.

Bush Sr. came in at 40 days (mostly in Kennebunkport ME)

Carter took 19 days in 1977.

Clinton took 21 days in his first year.

None of those numbers include Camp David (because the person collecting the data didn't consider those 'true' vacations) but the numbers for Camp David trips still hold the pattern (Obama 27 days in 2009, GWB 78 in 2003)
Old 06-13-2011, 05:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Rubicon,

Hey, take it easy on government jobs. I worked for the Veterans Administration in Washington, DC for 36 years. I helped many veterans and their families in that time.

There was a hot dog stand outside the VA Central Office building every day at noontime. 2 hot dogs, chips, and a soda for $2.50 and the toppings of chili, cheese, onion, kraut, mustard, or ketchup were free. (Pepto-Bismol was extra).
Didn't mean to step on toes but fed government jobs went up 19% since the big O took office
Old 06-13-2011, 05:10 PM
n/a

djplong....Thanks for the stats I wonder how they separate vaction days to trips abroad? I know I know its all in the written agenda...On business in --------Need to golf with------to discuss world economic and foreign policy ....carryin three chefts with me as our entourage have some varied tastesblah blah blah
Old 06-13-2011, 06:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
A quick internet search finds something interesting.

From: http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/pre...vacation-days/

In Obama's first year, he took vacations that totalled 26 days.

In Reagan's first year, he took 42.

George W. Bush took all or part of 69 days in his first year.

Bush Sr. came in at 40 days (mostly in Kennebunkport ME)

Carter took 19 days in 1977.

Clinton took 21 days in his first year.

None of those numbers include Camp David (because the person collecting the data didn't consider those 'true' vacations) but the numbers for Camp David trips still hold the pattern (Obama 27 days in 2009, GWB 78 in 2003)

Gee, I lived through all of these presidencies and have never seen a pres take more vacation than Obama. Maybe we should check their facts out with Snopes...oh, thats right, Snopes was found to be incredibly biases to the left...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.