OBAMA -- What WILL HE DO AS PRESIDENT - Questions/Answers

Old 02-24-2008, 10:07 PM
n/a

Default Re: OBAMA -- What WILL HE DO AS PRESIDENT - Questions/Answers

"I have found that, over the years, the people that can do nothing more that call someone names while trying to make a point, have no point at all. Either their views aren't formulated clearly or strong enough to stand on their own. I agree with you because I love political discussion, but my skin just crawls when someone tries to slant the discussion by adding disrespectful nicknames. It's transparent and distracting."

Chelsea, is your skin crawling yet? Your message above said it would and here you are calling McCain "one tired old rodent that ought to get off the treadwheel, before he falls off!" Shame Shame Shame. Eat your words.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:15 PM
n/a

Well, you can't dispute the fact that he's old. That's a fact. It could certainly play against him in the upcoming election. I know I'm not comfortable with his age.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:18 AM
n/a

jjdees, I never called McCain old! You put that name in yourself dahling. Besides, we lovely felines love to eat mice.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:56 AM
n/a

Chelsea my dear, look at your post about 3 blind mice. I copied it verbatim. I'll keep my eyes open from now on. I'm afraid of felines said the bulldog. Yuk yuk
Old 02-26-2008, 03:09 AM
n/a

I understand now why Chelsea is a Dem....she also speaks out of both sides of her mouth. We just don't know which Chelsea is the real one.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
I don't think we have 3 Blind Mice. I think we have one intelligent, albeit, young mouse, one seasoned, albeit, misunderstood mouse, and one tired old rodent that ought to get off the treadwheel, before he falls off! lol Just my opinion.
jjdees: Do you see the name McCain? YOU filled in the names, my dear. So, as they say, "that dog won't hunt." Just a feline perspective.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:32 AM
n/a

Regarding the Obama platform, I'll quote one of my favorite, well-respected political minds:

"Now, I could stand up here and say, 'Let's just get everybody together. Let's get unified.' The sky will open ... the light will come down ... celestial choirs will be singing ... and everyone will know we should do the right thing and the world will be perfect. Maybe I've just lived a little long, but I have no illusions about how hard this is going to be."

During the primaries, the entire Obama campaign has been composed of "change" and "hope". I suspect after he gets the nomination, he'll likely add a new word, but I don't yet know what it will be.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:01 PM
n/a

Isn't it amazing how a specific question i.e. the subject above can be skidded away from and all other "stuff" offered begins to generate a life of it's own while the question is not addressed?

Almost politico like!

What would be nice is a comparison of what was done by past presidents VS their pre election rhetoric.

Too bad the need for partisanship always seems to generate more debate than the real needs of the country.

No matter who runs...what ever race or religion....not much is going to change in how our country is managed unless and until the silent majority rises up and MAKE demands UPON it's REPRESENTATIVES. Without a clamour from the masses the elected few will only continue to play their game as they see fit. If the silent majority needs a hint at it's potential just review what lobbyists are able to obtain for their constituency. Their numbers pale in comparison to the majority, yet they some how get what they want/need.

The silent majority (my favorite subject...can you tell?) gets what it deserves....not much!!!!

BTK
Old 02-26-2008, 01:10 PM
n/a

So Chelsea, if it's not JM, does that mean that Hilary is the "old tired rodent that should get off the treadmill"?????????????? I have to assume you mean Obama when you say "young" Me thinks you have become part of the name calling crowd despite what you claim.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:56 PM
n/a

Iridehd: Could be. I haven't sorted them out. But the Repubs seemed to have no problem doing that. You're labeling your own candidate. I stand on the fact that no name calling was involved. I was just responding to a post from Livingston. Me thinks you're reading too much into this. But if that's your opinion of McCain, you have every right to it.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:33 PM
n/a

If it looks like a duck....and sounds like a duck..............
Old 02-26-2008, 08:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle
Regarding the Obama platform, I'll quote one of my favorite, well-respected political minds:

"Now, I could stand up here and say, 'Let's just get everybody together. Let's get unified.' The sky will open ... the light will come down ... celestial choirs will be singing ... and everyone will know we should do the right thing and the world will be perfect. Maybe I've just lived a little long, but I have no illusions about how hard this is going to be."

During the primaries, the entire Obama campaign has been composed of "change" and "hope". I suspect after he gets the nomination, he'll likely add a new word, but I don't yet know what it will be.
Think this Hillary Clinton quote is especially true if you also have all the baggage associated with William Jefferson Clinton along for your hoped for trip back to the White House.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 PM
n/a

Chelsea, your delusional. It's fine if you define others as "name calling", but when you do it you thinks its OK. I could have a 100 people read your statement and they would all get the exact same message. Three candidates, three identities that match. So live in a state of denial if that's what you want to do, but nobody but you believes it.

So according to your standard I could say "the wicked witch presidential candidate" and as long as I don't say any name, I am not name calling. Don't criticize others for what you yourself do. That is stooping to low. Either live to the "higher standard" you expect or don't be critical of those who say what they believe.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:00 PM
n/a

Couldn't have said it any better myself. And everybody said --- AMEN l2
Old 02-26-2008, 11:16 PM
n/a

Hi I2rideHd: Yes, you're right. I guess I am delusional. Unlike the Republicans that still think the war was a good idea and refuse any and all wrongdoing that occurred during this administration. Yes, I will move to the higher ground and I'll wait for you guys to get there. See you soon. lol

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.