Obama's Birth Certificate (the long and the short of it)

Old 04-27-2011, 08:54 AM
n/a

Default Obama's Birth Certificate (the long and the short of it)

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/...th-certificate
Old 04-27-2011, 09:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Hopefully the Birthers will give this up now.......
Old 04-27-2011, 09:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologal View Post
Hopefully the Birthers will give this up now.......
As soon as it can be verified by independent data experts that this is not a simple photoshop I guess that will be the end of it.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
As soon as it can be verified by independent data experts that this is not a simple photoshop I guess that will be the end of it.

Maybe and maybe not. While I thought the whole issue was ridiculous I can not help but wonder why it took so long to quiet the skeptics???
Old 04-27-2011, 09:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post
Maybe and maybe not. While I thought the whole issue was ridiculous I can not help but wonder why it took so long to quiet the skeptics???
While I was only goofing around, they're are those that are going to need much more assurance for the reason you mention. It's beginning as we speak, even before the much anticipated with baited breath press conference.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...ovement-098513
Old 04-27-2011, 10:24 AM
n/a

Default As Long As...

As long as people who are so bitter and vindictive over the election of the man who will be the President of the United States until at least January 20, 2013...at the expense of discussing and deciding what the really important issues are that are facing this country...they will deserve the consequences. While I hope the consequences don't involve the rest of us, I suspect they probably will.

Might I suggest just a couple of other issues for people to talk about other than Barack Obama's birth certificate?

How about thinking about and debating the following...
  • What discretionary federal spending are we willing to cut in an effort to create a balanced federal budget? The national parks, PBS, the FBI, DEA and Border Patrol, the air traffic controllers, a bunch of the duplicative social programs, the departments of Energy and Education, foreign aid? Where should we cut spending?
  • What changes to Medicare and Social Security are we willing to accept--changes that will actually effect us as well as coming generations? How about means testing for any of these benefits? If people have incomes well above an average level, should they get Social Security or Medicare at all?
  • Should we be withdrawing our troops from Afghanistan and let the rest of the world take the lead on settling the unrest in the Middle East? How many troops do we really have to have deployed all over the world? Why?
  • How much should the defense budget be cut? Do we need eleven carrier groups? Do we need 18 active ballistic missle submarines which have no other purpose than to serve as a platform to launch ICBMs? Why are we actually building six more submarines as this is being written? Do we need an Air Force at all? Navy and Marine aviation does almost all of the combat support missions. We haven't employed high-level bombing by the Air Force since Viet Nam. Other than flying materiel and ammunition all over the world, what does the Air Force really do these days?
  • How can we actually reduce the cost of healthcare in this country, which is already double that on a per capita basis than almost all other developed countries and growing at a clearly unsustainable rate? Is either Medicare or private insurance really the answer? What has either program done to actually contain the cost of healthcare and slow the rate of such expenditures as a percentage of our GDP?
  • How can we develop and adopt an energy policy that will truly be long term and not be effected by the political whimsy that happens ever two or four years? We don't have any such policy now? I wonder why?
I suppose if I had a few more minutes I could come up with a few other questions that seem more important to Americans than whether or not Barack Obama has a birth certificate. But then, maybe there are a lot of people who so hate our current President that they would prefer not to even think about questions such as these.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:35 AM
n/a

Default Great post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
As long as people who are so bitter and vindictive over the election of the man who will be the President of the United States until at least January 20, 2013...at the expense of discussing and deciding what the really important issues are that are facing this country...they will deserve the consequences. While I hope the consequences don't involve the rest of us, I suspect they probably will.

Might I suggest just a couple of other issues for people to talk about other than Barack Obama's birth certificate?

How about thinking about and debating the following...
  • What discretionary federal spending are we willing to cut in an effort to create a balanced federal budget? The national parks, PBS, the FBI, DEA and Border Patrol, the air traffic controllers, a bunch of the duplicative social programs, the departments of Energy and Education, foreign aid? Where should we cut spending?
  • What changes to Medicare and Social Security are we willing to accept--changes that will actually effect us as well as coming generations? How about means testing for any of these benefits? If people have incomes well above an average level, should they get Social Security or Medicare at all?
  • Should we be withdrawing our troops from Afghanistan and let the rest of the world take the lead on settling the unrest in the Middle East? How many troops do we really have to have deployed all over the world? Why?
  • How much should the defense budget be cut? Do we need eleven carrier groups? Do we need 18 active ballistic missle submarines which have no other purpose than to serve as a platform to launch ICBMs? Why are we actually building six more submarines as this is being written? Do we need an Air Force at all?
  • How can we actually reduce the cost of healthcare in this country, which is already double that on a per capita basis than almost all other developed countries?
  • How can we develop and adopt an energy policy that will truly be long term and not be effected by the political whimsy that happens ever two or four years? We don't have any such policy now? I wonder why?
I suppose if I had a few more minutes I could come up with a few other questions that seem more important to Americans than whether or not Barack Obama has a birth certificate. But then, maybe there are a lot of people who so hate our current President that they would prefer not to even think about questions such as these.
nice to see someone on this forum who takes a grown-up approach to serious questions.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:46 AM
n/a

the hatred some of you show to the President is mind-boggling. There is nothing he can do that doesn't recieve either direct criticism or that sneaky behind the back innuendo. It's why I can't take some of you seriously.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:16 PM
n/a

Default That's The Same Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
the hatred some of you show to the President is mind-boggling. There is nothing he can do that doesn't recieve either direct criticism or that sneaky behind the back innuendo. It's why I can't take some of you seriously.
tired group of haters that post here all the time.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Do we need an Air Force at all? Navy and Marine aviation does almost all of the combat support missions. We haven't employed high-level bombing by the Air Force since Viet Nam. Other than flying materiel and ammunition all over the world, what does the Air Force really do these days?
Umm.. The Air Force is all over the Middle East. A couple of people I work with are being deployed there shortly. They cycle in and out of here all the time. For example, those Predator drones? Air Force. High altitude and space recon? Air Force.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:13 PM
n/a

The only ones who question the President's birthplace are racists. He looks different from them, has a foreign sounding name, is intelligent, got a law degree from Harvard, got elected President; so he must be an agent of a foreign government who must have been born in Africa.

I can predict who will reply to this posting.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
The only ones who question the President's birthplace are racists. He looks different from them, has a foreign sounding name, is intelligent, got a law degree from Harvard, got elected President; so he must be an agent of a foreign government who must have been born in Africa.

I can predict who will reply to this posting.
That's telling the truth plain and simple. White Americans have dominated this country for so long and they are just now realizing that the minorities in this country are soon going to be the majority - and it's killing them to lose the power. What they fail to realize is that we are all Americans and we need to start working together to get this country down the road.

Kahuna raised some great questions that I wish we were smart enough and well-informed enough to answer. We used to be able to look to our elected representatives to answer these tough questions with their complete access to experts in all fields. Unfortunately, these elected officials are too busy fighting and snipping at each other to look out for our best interests. Personally, I would make education our number one priority because that will be the foundation for our future as a nation. And since most of us are on Medicare and Social Security, I think we can all agree those two have to stay. What doesn't need to stay is a ridiculous military budget and little to no taxes for large corporations and the rich.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:03 PM
n/a

Old 04-27-2011, 02:08 PM
n/a

Birthers rejoice, your best hope to the rescue!

Click Here to save the day
Old 04-27-2011, 02:30 PM
n/a

Default Birthers

Until I started reading the political forum and getting email from my teaparty friends, I thought a birther was an heterosexual couple who planned on having children or...

A person who believed firmly in "right to life".

I didn't know anyone would ever see anything wrong with being a moderate anything until I heard someone use the term RINO.

I will just continue to not lap up anybody elses truth serum and just try to figure this all out pretty much by myself. Sometimes I ask Sweetie. He is a sensible man. He says you can never win a ****ing contest.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.