Obama's ledger a bit unbalanced.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:36 AM
n/a

Default Obama's ledger a bit unbalanced.

Obama last night called for much new spending on such things as high speed rail and road etc., etc. while at the same time calling or a freeze on domestic spending.

His spending wishes far outweighed his savings wishes, and even those are very suspect, as he called for many of the same cuts in the past without any real success or implementation of any cutbacks.

Associated Press had a rather interesting article enumerating some apparent discrepancies in Obama's words last night, and his actual response to the recommendations of his own fiscal commission.

There's a little good news for the President in the analysis, but on balance, not enough to praise as effective in terms of our nation's future economic outlook, in my opinion.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...52a01321b32366
Old 01-26-2011, 12:31 PM
n/a

I was reading about the deficit projections from the CBO.

This year? $1.5T If the tax cuts had not been extended, that number would have been $1.1T.

2015? $500B - assuming the two-year extension of tax cuts EXPIRE and tax rates go back up.

The scope of the deficit comes home in the statement "For every dollar the Federal Government spends, 40 cents of it is borrowed."
Old 01-26-2011, 02:17 PM
n/a

Default military

Does anyone know the amount of money we would save if we left Iraq and Afghanistan next week?
Old 01-30-2011, 11:56 AM
n/a

Default How about how much money could we save if all

the pork projects were canceled?

Any that do not contribute to national security, the health and welfare of we the people....which means almost all to be shut down.

btk
Old 01-30-2011, 04:52 PM
n/a

It's all about collecting money from one and giving it to another now isn't it. I have too much and you have too little so we'll find ways to take it from one and give it to another... all in the name of fairness... or class warfare... and votes.

Hum...
Old 01-31-2011, 07:17 AM
n/a

1) Define "pork projects" and tally up their costs.

2) Divide that number by $3T to come up with the percentage of the budget.

3) Compare that to "entitlement spending".

With certain exceptions (like the famous 'bridge to nowhere'), one could classify the entire Interstate Highway System as a 'pork project'.

Though I agree with you - there are some REALLY *silly* projects out there..

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.