Obama's story about same sex marriages discussions with

Old 05-10-2012, 09:29 PM
n/a

Default Obama's story about same sex marriages discussions with

Michelle and the girls at the dinner table the other night was so pathetically phony.

The man proves he has no limit on how low he will go when he fabricates something like this about his girls to "authenticate" his position on the gay movement.

If he and or his team was smart they would have left this one alone. It wasn't necessary to speak on it at all, just like some of his other vote getting testimonials.

This one however is going to have the reverse affect. He may...MAY...PICK UP SOME OF THE GAY VOTE BUT NOT NEARLY ENOUGH TO OFFSET THAT WHICH HE WILL LOSE (excuse the caps..it was not intended).

Nothing is sacred...and less is genuine coming from him to get re-elected.

btk
Old 05-11-2012, 07:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Michelle and the girls at the dinner table the other night was so pathetically phony.

The man proves he has no limit on how low he will go when he fabricates something like this about his girls to "authenticate" his position on the gay movement.

If he and or his team was smart they would have left this one alone. It wasn't necessary to speak on it at all, just like some of his other vote getting testimonials.

This one however is going to have the reverse affect. He may...MAY...PICK UP SOME OF THE GAY VOTE BUT NOT NEARLY ENOUGH TO OFFSET THAT WHICH HE WILL LOSE (excuse the caps..it was not intended).

Nothing is sacred...and less is genuine coming from him to get re-elected.

btk
Read what Obama actually said in that interview.

Obama Frequently Mentions His Daughters in Public Remarks - NYTimes.com
Old 05-11-2012, 07:20 AM
n/a

And just how is it that you know, with certainty, that it was phoney????
Old 05-11-2012, 07:37 AM
n/a

I saw the interview when it was presented (of course by Brian Williams NBC).

It comes off phony, as the article said Obama rarely uses his girls except to validate....the so called validation was not needed by or for ANYBODY except Obama. It added/adds no value for anybody else except MAYBE the voting block he is courting. And I think most of them are intelligent enough to not need Obama's made up familial backing to add credibility to his position.

So his guarding the "girls" PRIVACY is a priority in such a visible environment as the office of POTUS ...until or unless unless it serves a political purpose that is.

The people who are supposed to be his counselors must know the risk of it coming off as phony, but they used it anyway....stooping to another new low and reeks of desperation.

btk
Old 05-11-2012, 07:46 AM
n/a

I believe the interview when President Obama talked about his family's reaction to gay couples that was filmed at the White House was with Robin Roberts of ABC for Good Morning America. If there was one with Brian Williams, I missed it. It seems to be true that young people have no problem with same-sex marriage like old people do.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:56 AM
n/a

Janmcn..."It seems to be true that young people have no problem with same-sex marriage like old people do."

You have taken the bait!!!!

If a statement had to be made about what young VS old people have a problem with it would be more accurate to state something like as in the past, MOST, young people like old people have higher traditional values regarding same sex openness of today. The portrayal to the contrary is fueled by Hollywood, the media and now even the POTUS.....that it is OK/accepted/etc.
At best it might rate that in our propensity of the modern day permissiveness.....it is tolerated!!!

btk
Old 05-11-2012, 08:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
And just how is it that you know, with certainty, that it was phoney????
How many times does he have to make stuff up and say it before you get wise to this man ? This is pretty much his MO for 3 years..start with closing GTMO right through the health care bill and continuing on and on
Old 05-12-2012, 07:32 AM
n/a

There were 2 reasons I didn't support Obama in the primaries the last time around. His stance on gay issues was one of them. Times are a changing!!

Soon this won't be an issue for anyone.

Equal rights for all.....
Old 05-12-2012, 07:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologal View Post
There were 2 reasons I didn't support Obama in the primaries the last time around. His stance on gay issues was one of them. Times are a changing!!

Soon this won't be an issue for anyone.

Equal rights for all.....
Amen. This is a civil rights issue, and President Obama advocates equal rights for all. Nobody in this country should be discriminated against because of who they love anymore than they should be discriminated against because of the color of their skin, their gender, their nationality, or their religion.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:27 AM
n/a

we just have to transition from those values/traits/beliefs that were wrong all of our lives.

I do believe we are becoming too permissive about far too many issues that were or are founded in our roots....like it or not.

I prefer the old fashioned values that most of us grew up with like respect, discipline and the majority rules to name a few.

And like it or not on the issue of same sex marriages, it does not appear to be a majority supported issue. I am not promoting, just stating the obvious.

Like so many other issues related to the interpretation of rights....it is usually agitated by a minority until it becomes political then the vote potential kicks in then the media takes over and the minority all of a sudden is the dominant position. Funny how the majority continues to let that happen.

btk
Old 05-12-2012, 08:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
we just have to transition from those values/traits/beliefs that were wrong all of our lives.

I do believe we are becoming too permissive about far too many issues that were or are founded in our roots....like it or not.

I prefer the old fashioned values that most of us grew up with like respect, discipline and the majority rules to name a few.

And like it or not on the issue of same sex marriages, it does not appear to be a majority supported issue. I am not promoting, just stating the obvious.

Like so many other issues related to the interpretation of rights....it is usually agitated by a minority until it becomes political then the vote potential kicks in then the media takes over and the minority all of a sudden is the dominant position. Funny how the majority continues to let that happen.

btk

Last night on television, the news crawler on the bottom of the screen said 51% of US citizens were IN FAVOR of gay marriage. Oh yeah, it was FOX during the Hannity show.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
I saw the interview when it was presented (of course by Brian Williams NBC).

It comes off phony, as the article said Obama rarely uses his girls except to validate....the so called validation was not needed by or for ANYBODY except Obama. It added/adds no value for anybody else except MAYBE the voting block he is courting. And I think most of them are intelligent enough to not need Obama's made up familial backing to add credibility to his position.

So his guarding the "girls" PRIVACY is a priority in such a visible environment as the office of POTUS ...until or unless unless it serves a political purpose that is.

The people who are supposed to be his counselors must know the risk of it coming off as phony, but they used it anyway....stooping to another new low and reeks of desperation.

btk
Only your distorted perception.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
How many times does he have to make stuff up and say it before you get wise to this man ? This is pretty much his MO for 3 years..start with closing GTMO right through the health care bill and continuing on and on
I am wise to him. Thank god he is our President.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Last night on television, the news crawler on the bottom of the screen said 51% of US citizens were IN FAVOR of gay marriage. Oh yeah, it was FOX during the Hannity show.
If you say so. I don't watch TV News.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
If you say so. I don't watch TV News.
If you watched TV News, you would have heard Fox anchor, Shep Smith, say that republicans are on the wrong side of this issue.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.