Obama's story about same sex marriages discussions with

Old 05-12-2012, 10:13 AM
n/a

Buggyone, If 51% are in favor of Gay marriage why has it been voted down in 31 states?? The only states that have sanctioned Gay marriage were done by judicial fiat. What people tell a pollster and what they do in the privacy of the voting booth are two different things.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:18 AM
n/a

Janmcn, Shepard Smith is a liberal. Remember, FOX News allows Democrats on their channel. He has two hours worth of shows. Other then RINO pundints I can't think of any conservative Republican being interviewed, very often, much less having their own show. And no, Joe Scarbourgh is not a conservative.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Jo View Post
Janmcn, Shepard Smith is a liberal. Remember, FOX News allows Democrats on their channel. He has two hours worth of shows. Other then RINO pundints I can't think of any conservative Republican being interviewed, very often, much less having their own show. And no, Joe Scarbourgh is not a conservative.
The Joe Scarborough I watch on MSNBC has a 95% lifetime rating from the American Conservative Union. He got 62% of the vote in Florida's first district, one of the most conservative districts in the state, in 1994 and went to Washington and became part of Newt Gingrich's contract with America. While in DC, he was a member of the "New Federalists".

BTW, what does Joe Scarborough have to do with "Obama's story about same sex marriages discussions with his family"?

Joe Scarborough - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 05-12-2012, 11:07 AM
n/a

SallyJo, I just posted what was on the news crawler at the bottom of the screen during the Hannity show last night. The 51% was not my doing but what was shown on FOX.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:16 AM
n/a

I know Buggyone. I saw it, also. I'm just pointing out that people may tell a pollster one thing, because they are automaticly called a bigot if they don't agree with Gay marriage.
Janmcn, It has been a long time since Joe has been in Congress. I'm sure he likes his gig at MSNBC and wants to keep it.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
I know Buggyone. I saw it, also. I'm just pointing out that people may tell a pollster one thing, because they are automaticly called a bigot if they don't agree with Gay marriage.
Janmcn, It has been a long time since Joe has been in Congress. I'm sure he likes his gig at MSNBC and wants to keep it.
Has any state that has had a referendum ever voted it to be ok ?? I know that in excess of 30 have said no.

Just curious
Old 05-12-2012, 12:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Buggyone, If 51% are in favor of Gay marriage why has it been voted down in 31 states?? The only states that have sanctioned Gay marriage were done by judicial fiat. What people tell a pollster and what they do in the privacy of the voting booth are two different things.

How many states had Jim Crow laws? How many states had segregated school systems? Thank goodness we have the US Constitution and the Supreme Court...it’s not majority rules ... never has been.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologal View Post
How many states had Jim Crow laws? How many states had segregated school systems? Thank goodness we have the US Constitution and the Supreme Court...it’s not majority rules ... never has been.
Thanks for the answer Cologal. The answer is; when put to a vote of the people and by the people, the people have consistently overwhelmingly answered that marriage is a covenant between a "man and a woman", and whatever you want to call the legal domestic joining of two people of the same sex, it's not marriage.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:48 PM
n/a

Everyone should be treated the same:

You should not be condemned to dark rooms & back allies to worship God.
" " " " " " " " " " " " if you are Gay.
" " " " " " " " " " " " if you are a minority, women, short, fat, autistic, a Yankee etc. etc.

I am amazed at the red neck attitude of so many in this day and age.

I am in the most selfish prejudiced group of all and that is: FINANCIALLY WELL OFF WHITE MALES. I am embarrassed about that so often. Granted I would not trade places with any minority nor the poor, but I understand their pain and frustration.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:15 PM
n/a

apparently it is OK to condemn the "redneck" it seems!
Why are they the standard for all describe as wrong or incorrect?
There are some rich white men I know that should aspire to the honest character of those labeled "redneck".

I also did not see where anybody suggested to relegate any of these folks to the deep darkness of the back room.

btk
Old 05-12-2012, 01:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
apparently it is OK to condemn the "redneck" it seems!
Why are they the standard for all describe as wrong or incorrect?
There are some rich white men I know that should aspire to the honest character of those labeled "redneck".

I also did not see where anybody suggested to relegate any of these folks to the deep darkness of the back room.

btk
Good for you for noticing the dishonesty and the stereotyping nonsense that was posted.

Yours is a spot on observation.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:09 PM
n/a

Default I Think The Folks On "Morning Joe" Had It Right

Basically they opined that this dustup regarding gay rights won't have any legs. A few more hours or days and you won't hear of the issue again.

The reason, they explained, is that the media almost universally agrees with Obama and those who have stated they are in favor of gay rights, gay marriage, etc.

The Morning Joe panelists, who are pretty smart and experienced observers of the political scene observed, correctly I think, that any candidate who spends time making sure that everyone knows that he differs with the POTUS's position is wasting time that could otherwise be used to address other important campaign issues--like the economy or the wars.

Basically, it's an argument that can't be won, when the people who produce all the print and TV news coverage of the issue all disagree with you.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Basically they opined that this dustup regarding gay rights won't have any legs. A few more hours or days and you won't hear of the issue again.

The reason, they explained, is that the media almost universally agrees with Obama and those who have stated they are in favor of gay rights, gay marriage, etc.

The Morning Joe panelists, who are pretty smart and experienced observers of the political scene observed, correctly I think, that any candidate who spends time making sure that everyone knows that he differs with the POTUS's position is wasting time that could otherwise be used to address other important campaign issues--like the economy or the wars.

Basically, it's an argument that can't be won, when the people who produce all the print and TV news coverage of the issue all disagree with you.
Are you suggesting because the major news media is overwhelming comprised of people with a liberal orthodoxy that Americans who differ with the news slant should be silent about their views?

One point. Gay rights has nothing to do with marriage. It's the false concept that is impelling this story. (I know that's radical thinking for knee jerk leftists, but just give the thought a try, and a light might shine)
Old 05-12-2012, 02:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Thanks for the answer Cologal. The answer is; when put to a vote of the people and by the people, the people have consistently overwhelmingly answered that marriage is a covenant between a "man and a woman", and whatever you want to call the legal domestic joining of two people of the same sex, it's not marriage.
You are not taking this into account:

Whenever states have voted on gay marriage, a significantly smaller than majority percentage of the electorate actually votes. In the North Carolina vote only 34% of eligible voters showed up.

Over about 50 years polls have shown a steady climb of those approving of legalizing same sex marriage. The age breakdowns tell the story. Retirees are the last holdouts, clinging to what we always thought. Only 26% of us currently approve of same sex marriage. Therefore, the percentages of young people approving are very high, showing there truly is a strong shift in society on this issue.

Not surprisingly, this is the same pattern which historically developed regarding attitudes toward slavery, women's rights and racial equality.

Old thinking, tradition and attitudes toward others die very, very slowly.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by richielion View Post
good for you for noticing the dishonesty and the stereotyping nonsense that was posted.

Yours is a spot on observation.
lol

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.