Ohio Club Shootout

Old 03-26-2017, 12:35 PM
n/a

Default Ohio Club Shootout

There have been many posts on this forum about eliminating gun free zones in clubs, bars, sporting events, etc.

Well, in a Cincinnatti night club, several young people brought pistols into the club; some arguments broke out and guns were pulled out. Many shots were fired. One patron was killed and over a dozen more were wounded. Nothing was said about Islamic terrorists or illegal immigrants.

Guns, booze, young people, and amped up testosterone are not good combinations.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
There have been many posts on this forum about eliminating gun free zones in clubs, bars, sporting events, etc.

Well, in a Cincinnatti night club, several young people brought pistols into the club; some arguments broke out and guns were pulled out. Many shots were fired. One patron was killed and over a dozen more were wounded. Nothing was said about Islamic terrorists or illegal immigrants.

Kind of like John Wesley Harding shooting someone through a wall because he snored too much. Shot for Snoring? - True West Magazine

The culture is created where picking up a gun and using it comes very easily at least for some people.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:44 PM
n/a

Quote:

Dear guest:

I do not question your account. However with or without gun control those same people involved would have had firepower at the ready. Chicago has strict gun control laws and it seems to be breaking all time records for the number of murders.

consider this. At one time police in England did not carry guns. they do now and had it not been for that fact the recent death toll in the London attack would have been much higher.

Finally what you describe above is gang rivalry and as we witnessed in the past they can use guns, chains, knives, bats, etc.

"when your a jet your jet all the way from your first drawing breath to your last dying day"

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-26-2017, 01:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dear guest:

I do not question your account. However with or without gun control those same people involved would have had firepower at the ready.

Finally what you describe above is gang rivalry and as we witnessed in the past they can use guns, chains, knives, bats, etc.

"when your a jet your jet all the way from your first drawing breath to your last dying day"

Personal Best Regards:
Your quote from "West Side Story" is good but the grammar is wrong. The first and second "your" should be "you're". It is a contraction meaning "you are"

Regarding the club shooting - if there had been effective gun (weapon) control such as frisking or magnetometer searches of patrons by the off duty cops - there would not have been the guns, knives, chains, etc. - so the shootout would not have happened.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
Kind of like John Wesley Harding shooting someone through a wall because he snored too much. Shot for Snoring? - True West Magazine

The culture is created where picking up a gun and using it comes very easily at least for some people.
You are stating the obvious, Tal. but you could easily have said that picking up a knife, ax, or baseball bat or even running someone over in a parking lot "comes very easily, at least to some people." Whatever is the weapon of opportunity. Guns are not allowed in bars. I would be willing to bet that the gun used in this case was not even legally obtained or registered.

I've also seen my share of knife fights and/or stabbings. I even saw a woman that had an ax planted in her forehead by her spouse or boyfriend. Interesting sight. Weapon of opportunity. People are prone to violence, so unless you want to administer drugs to everyone via their water supply, we will always have to deal with violence. Better to be prepared than to count on someone else to protect you that might not be nearby when you need them.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
You are stating the obvious, Tal. but you could easily have said that picking up a knife, ax, or baseball bat or even running someone over in a parking lot "comes very easily, at least to some people." Whatever is the weapon of opportunity. Guns are not allowed in bars. I would be willing to bet that the gun used in this case was not even legally obtained or registered.

I've also seen my share of knife fights and/or stabbings. I even saw a woman that had an ax planted in her forehead by her spouse or boyfriend. Interesting sight. Weapon of opportunity. People are prone to violence, so unless you want to administer drugs to everyone via their water supply, we will always have to deal with violence. Better to be prepared than to count on someone else to protect you that might not be nearby when you need them.
Most bars have a huge number of weapons of opportunity which in the right hands can kill-- chairs, pool sticks, broken bottles, broken mirror shards, pencils, knives and forks, etc.

Seldom do people use these though. Any moron can shoot a revolver or other kind of pistol. Samuel Colt made all men and women equal in that regard.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
Most bars have a huge number of weapons of opportunity which in the right hands can kill-- chairs, pool sticks, broken bottles, broken mirror shards, pencils, knives and forks, etc.

Seldom do people use these though. Any moron can shoot a revolver or other kind of pistol. Samuel Colt made all men and women equal in that regard.
That's TRUE.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
Your quote from "West Side Story" is good but the grammar is wrong. The first and second "your" should be "you're". It is a contraction meaning "you are"

Regarding the club shooting - if there had been effective gun (weapon) control such as frisking or magnetometer searches of patrons by the off duty cops - there would not have been the guns, knives, chains, etc. - so the shootout would not have happened.
Dear Guest;

While I know you're is a contraction for you are, I was congratulating myself for the fact that I could recall even one line from that broadway show appreciate the heads up

However, your (not you're) critique reminds me of what we had to say about company auditors when the came to our region to present their annual results of our operations and ended up only nitpicking."

"auditors are those guys who come in after the battle and bayonet the dead".

So can I assume since you believe in the efficacy of stop and frisk? Should big cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, Washington, DC institute stop and frisk?

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-26-2017, 04:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Guest;

While I know you're is a contraction for you are, I was congratulation myself for the fact that I could recall even one line from that broadway show appreciate the heads up

However, your (not you're) critique reminds me of what we had to say about company auditors when the came to our region to present their annual results of our operations and ended up only nitpicking."

So can I assume since you believe in the efficacy of stop and frisk? Should big cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, Washington, DC institute stop and frisk?

Personal Best Regards:
Personally, I have absolutely no problem with "stop and frisk" anywhere - whether it is Chicago, Washington, NYC, Wildwood, or The Villages.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiTHECon
Dear Guest;

While I know you're is a contraction for you are, I was congratulation myself for the fact that I could recall even one line from that broadway show appreciate the heads up

Personal Best Regards:
It's..."I was Congratulating myself."

With as often as you do it (at great risk of personal injury, when you're always patting yourself on the back)...it's surprising that you screwed up something so simple.

On second thought, given your lack of intellectual prowess...maybe not so surprising after all.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 03-26-2017, 04:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Well, in a Cincinnatti night club, several young people brought pistols into the club; some arguments broke out and guns were pulled out. Many shots were fired. One patron was killed and over a dozen more were wounded.
I read about this kind of thing ALL the time.
Well, this there was this one time, anyway...
Old 03-26-2017, 05:47 PM
n/a

Ohio is known for producing a lot of idiots.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:27 PM
n/a

The post had to do with the idiotic idea of having "gun free zones" as a thing of the past. The post showed what having handguns in a nightclub can do. Even if the guns were forbidden to be there, it was NOT open season on the one shooter who started the shootout but rather general mayhem by all that were armed.

Bars, clubs, restaurants, churches, sporting events should all be gun free zones. Enforcement by all means available.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dear guest:

I do not question your account. However with or without gun control those same people involved would have had firepower at the ready. Chicago has strict gun control laws and it seems to be breaking all time records for the number of murders.

consider this. At one time police in England did not carry guns. they do now and had it not been for that fact the recent death toll in the London attack would have been much higher.

Personal Best Regards:
And there's a 90% chance it was MINORITY gang violence. Face it...we have a MINORITIES WITH GUNS problem. They make a huge deal about it when some white guy shoots something up, but minorities do that kind of thing EVERY weekend in the inner cities. They are literally 10X more violent than white people.

Quote:

So...we should ALL be searched everywhere we go...when we KNOW that minorities are 10X more likely to be illegally packing AND willing to use it? NO. Search THEM. Profiling WORKS...ask ANY cop.

This was just another minority gang war. It happens so frequently, most don't make the news.

Quote:

Half the population is already on mind altering drugs. The other half are getting their chance with legalized marijuana. You might as well put some soma in the water...most of the population is drugged anyway.

There were minority gangs doing what they do, they spread outside their ghetto, that's why someone noticed.

Quote:

ONLY if you shoot first.

A good body shot and you won't be much of a threat. Imagine lying on your back and someone drops a bowling ball from 20ft up...it'll break your concentration. A bullet entering the body creates a quit large cavity depending on the caliber it'll kill you quickly or hurt like hell...as you bleed internally. It can literally blow apart your organs.

Quote:
Dear Guest;

Personal Best Regards:
sure...a customs station at all the toll booths going into the cities. Keep out those dangerous guns! /s

Quote:
Personally, I have absolutely no problem with "stop and frisk" anywhere - whether it is Chicago, Washington, NYC, Wildwood, or The Villages.
OMG, are you KIDDING me? In the villages? Stop and frisk at the squares? When you enter restaurants? How about the clubs in the rec centers...frisk everyone there too? At the pool? Are you f@cking insane?

MINORITIES are the violence and crime problem. Minorities having guns is the "gun" problem. White crime...not Hispanics being CALLED white...but REAL white crime is VERY small. Why do you think WHITE places are paradise and minority places ALL suck? White people are different.

Quote:
It's..."I was Congratulating myself."

With as often as you do it (at great risk of personal injury, when you're always patting yourself on the back)...it's surprising that you screwed up something so simple.

On second thought, given your lack of intellectual prowess...maybe not so surprising after all.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
You're such a douche...no wonder some call you the (unt...for you truly are.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racist Boy Baldwin
You're such a douche...no wonder some call you the (unt...for you truly are.

Being called names by gutter, racist scum like you, DirtBag, LargeBug, etc...is like a badge of honor for me.

Thanks.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:

Tags
club, killed, people, shootout, ohio

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.