One year in....

Old 01-18-2010, 09:41 PM
n/a

Default One year in....

and I will start this thread by quoting almost the last line of this editorial...

"For skeptics who never bought into the mythology of Obama as The One, who saw through the soaring rhetoric to a conventional if unqualified candidate, this comes as no surprise. For the millions of supporters who were duped into believing the hype about change, it's a hard lesson in the cynicism of politics."

The editorial takes us through many of the criticisms of the Bush era and then the use of the EXACT same policies...and many more of the lies and deception....but the timing calls for this quote...about the health care issue...

"The most embarrassing example at the moment was his unceasing commitment to open the negotiations for health care reform to C-SPAN's cameras and public scrutiny. This was the rhetorical bludgeon he used to attack the Clintons and the secretive, backroom deals that candidate Obama said were responsible for the failure to pass health care reform in 1993.

Republicans see the Internet mashups of Obama's C-SPAN declarations and laugh. Democrats who wonder what happened to the public option and independents who want to know how pharmaceutical companies were able to cut a deal see them and cry."

We have 3 more years at least of this stuff !

http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/..._promises.html
Old 01-18-2010, 10:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
and I will start this thread by quoting almost the last line of this editorial...

"For skeptics who never bought into the mythology of Obama as The One, who saw through the soaring rhetoric to a conventional if unqualified candidate, this comes as no surprise. For the millions of supporters who were duped into believing the hype about change, it's a hard lesson in the cynicism of politics."

The editorial takes us through many of the criticisms of the Bush era and then the use of the EXACT same policies...and many more of the lies and deception....but the timing calls for this quote...about the health care issue...

"The most embarrassing example at the moment was his unceasing commitment to open the negotiations for health care reform to C-SPAN's cameras and public scrutiny. This was the rhetorical bludgeon he used to attack the Clintons and the secretive, backroom deals that candidate Obama said were responsible for the failure to pass health care reform in 1993.

Republicans see the Internet mashups of Obama's C-SPAN declarations and laugh. Democrats who wonder what happened to the public option and independents who want to know how pharmaceutical companies were able to cut a deal see them and cry."

We have 3 more years at least of this stuff !

http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/..._promises.html
You think they were duped? I don't. They are still smiling. I don't know why but I am sure that we will hear why.

Yoda

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.