Open Letter to a Judge.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:36 AM
n/a

Default Open Letter to a Judge.

An Open Letter to Judge Conrad Hafen | National Association for Public Defense

Hope this works. We need checks and balances especially in the Court System.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:51 PM
n/a

Who cares? This is a political forum.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Who cares? This is a political forum.
Sadly, you're right. Why should anyone care if a grave misjustice is carried out, especially by a judge against an indigent defendant or his attorney? It really shouldn't matter to any decent human being, should it?

Personally, I'd like to think acts like this are even more important in an American political forum. America stands for justice and honor. This judge showed neither. We should care. We should rage against this type of behavior. We should care that our beloved justice system is being defiled by one as arrogant as this judge.

Instead, you rail against people who protested an obscene war, call those who believe in human rights names, denigrate our President and his family in the most obscene terms possible.

But, who cares, it's just a political forum.

Red
Old 05-29-2016, 05:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Sadly, you're right. Why should anyone care if a grave misjustice is carried out, especially by a judge against an indigent defendant or his attorney? It really shouldn't matter to any decent human being, should it?

Personally, I'd like to think acts like this are even more important in an American political forum. America stands for justice and honor. This judge showed neither. We should care. We should rage against this type of behavior. We should care that our beloved justice system is being defiled by one as arrogant as this judge.

Instead, you rail against people who protested an obscene war, call those who believe in human rights names, denigrate our President and his family in the most obscene terms possible.

But, who cares, it's just a political forum.

Red
You're right, it IS a political forum. When are you going to cry about the grave "misjustice" perpetrated by Hillary by allowing those brave Americans to get slaughtered with no assistance, and then lie about it? I don't hear you screaming about justice when it comes to her jeopardizing national security by purposely mishandling classified information.
And anyone that disparages our Veterans on Memorial day is a scumbag coward, so if the shoe fits.............
Old 05-29-2016, 06:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
You're right, it IS a political forum. When are you going to cry about the grave "misjustice" perpetrated by Hillary by allowing those brave Americans to get slaughtered with no assistance, and then lie about it? I don't hear you screaming about justice when it comes to her jeopardizing national security by purposely mishandling classified information.
And anyone that disparages our Veterans on Memorial day is a scumbag coward, so if the shoe fits.............
You have no idea who you are talking to or walked in her shoes. You owe her am apology.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
You have no idea who you are talking to or walked in her shoes. You owe her am apology.
I owe my grammar teacher an apology.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
Old 05-30-2016, 05:16 AM
n/a

I know better but I'm assuming the scumbag coward was directed at me. If you can ever find a post where I disparaged a Vet on Memorial Day or otherwise, let me know. I may tease jarheads and jet jockeys, but I would rather cut off my right arm than put down those who served our country with honor, whether in war or in peace.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:20 AM
n/a

Oops, wasn't quite ready to hit reply, so continuing on .....

I'm not going to bother responding about the Hillary mess. I'm not a fan of hers. Don't think I ever was.

My point is that a political forum is exactly where the link about the judge should have been posted. Everyone, Conservatives and Liberals alike, should be incensed at this type of abuse of power.

Red
Old 05-30-2016, 06:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
I know better but I'm assuming the scumbag coward was directed at me. If you can ever find a post where I disparaged a Vet on Memorial Day or otherwise, let me know. I may tease jarheads and jet jockeys, but I would rather cut off my right arm than put down those who served our country with honor, whether in war or in peace.
"although I wholeheartedly agreed that Vietnam was an obscenity.

I'll say a special prayer for my mother and all military brats. Their tours may have been more difficult than those who actually served. Sitting, waiting and praying is frequently harder than doing." -- Red

You "disparage" a Vet by demeaning their service with your judgement. If you don't see it in your words, then you are more naive than I thought. It IS your prerogative to do so, but don't act injured when you are called out on it. Condescension is just as bad as bad mouthing it.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
Do you say the same about the poor German soldier in WWII? He was "honorably" following the orders of psychopaths too. What if he knew/knows what he was/is doing was/is wrong? Is he still honorable?

MOST "wars" are political. The peasants are used a pawns. End them and don't let them start new ones.

When WAS the last "legal war" where Congress declared war? WWII with the "fake surprise" Pearl Harbor?

Quote:
"although I wholeheartedly agreed that Vietnam was an obscenity.

I'll say a special prayer for my mother and all military brats. Their tours may have been more difficult than those who actually served. Sitting, waiting and praying is frequently harder than doing." -- Red

You "disparage" a Vet by demeaning their service with your judgement. If you don't see it in your words, then you are more naive than I thought. It IS your prerogative to do so, but don't act injured when you are called out on it. Condescension is just as bad as bad mouthing it.
They've all been an obscenity.

They shouldn't have been there, the troops deployed now shouldn't be there. Let's all work the stop the wars. "They" get rich off of war, they support both sides.

Most soldiers know what they're doing is "wrong", but they rationalize it by thinking there MUST be a GOOD reason why we're doing what we're doing. The end WILL justify the means. Unfortunately, they're wrong. They fought and died over money and power. "Freedom" to buy corporate made stuff.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
Do you say the same about the poor German soldier in WWII? He was "honorably" following the orders of psychopaths too. What if he knew/knows what he was/is doing was/is wrong? Is he still honorable?

MOST "wars" are political. The peasants are used a pawns. End them and don't let them start new ones.

When WAS the last "legal war" where Congress declared war? WWII with the "fake surprise" Pearl Harbor?

They've all been an obscenity.

They shouldn't have been there, the troops deployed now shouldn't be there. Let's all work the stop the wars. "They" get rich off of war, they support both sides.

Most soldiers know what they're doing is "wrong", but they rationalize it by thinking there MUST be a GOOD reason why we're doing what we're doing. The end WILL justify the means. Unfortunately, they're wrong. They fought and died over money and power. "Freedom" to buy corporate made stuff.
You're a real piece of work. Aren't you proud to be an American and can run you mouth off with your poison in this great FREE country, that someone else provided for you. In reality, you are just a miserable old person with nothing more than the ability to get someone to hear you on here. In a face to face confrontation, no would give you a minute of their time, before just walking away from your pitiful/pathetic self. I am not one that can say that I feel sorry for you, because I really don't. You are nothing, and will be more value to this world as dusty fertilizer for the ground when you finally finish leaching from this world and go away for good.
One of the reasons that I am proud to be an American. Because miserable people like you can be you without fear of anyone or the government stopping you.

See you in the Obits.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:46 AM
n/a

Too many of our men and boys died for nothing in Vietnam. So, yes, that war was an obscenity. Their deaths were tragedies. Those who came back wounded, affected by Agent Orange, afflicted with PTSD deserved so much better. At least to have fought in an honorable war, not to die and suffer there.

As to my comment about the spouses and children of active duty personnel, you try sitting home and waiting and praying that your loved one comes home alive, in one piece and mentally sound. The families really don't get a respite. It preys on them 24/7. Even those in battle get down times. Add to that the constant moving, the having to learn new cultures, mores of the host nation, I'd say the families serve as much as the individual wearing the uniform.

If you consider anything I've said as disparaging, I'd say your logic is seriously faulty. Not liking what the government does is not putting down those who have the courage to go to battle. Acknowledging that military families have it rough is not disparaging the ones in uniform.

My father and brother served proudly and honorably. Both received more than their share of medals and citations. Both died way too young. I am proud of them and proud of their service. I'm just as proud of my mother's sacrifices and fears.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Too many of our men and boys died for nothing in Vietnam. So, yes, that war was an obscenity. Their deaths were tragedies. Those who came back wounded, affected by Agent Orange, afflicted with PTSD deserved so much better. At least to have fought in an honorable war, not to die and suffer there.

As to my comment about the spouses and children of active duty personnel, you try sitting home and waiting and praying that your loved one comes home alive, in one piece and mentally sound. The families really don't get a respite. It preys on them 24/7. Even those in battle get down times. Add to that the constant moving, the having to learn new cultures, mores of the host nation, I'd say the families serve as much as the individual wearing the uniform.

If you consider anything I've said as disparaging, I'd say your logic is seriously faulty. Not liking what the government does is not putting down those who have the courage to go to battle. Acknowledging that military families have it rough is not disparaging the ones in uniform.

My father and brother served proudly and honorably. Both received more than their share of medals and citations. Both died way too young. I am proud of them and proud of their service. I'm just as proud of my mother's sacrifices and fears.
Twist it any way you wish, but you don't know anything about the subject. Sitting back here in comfort and safety is not comparable to sitting wet in a dark jungle, listening to a nearby tiger or having a poisonous snake slide across you while you are trying to "watch" or get a few moments of shuteye. So dark that you can hold your hand in front of your face and not see a difference in the dark. Hoping/praying that your blindness in the dark won't be the cause of anyone else's death. Or your own. Hoping that the next drop of dew from a leaf that falls on your neck won't drive you crazy thinking that the enemy was behind you with a sharp blade sliding across your throat. Wondering when you will ever, if ever have a dry pair of socks on your feet again. Agent orange was not a thought back then.
Sorry if I don't sympathize with those that "worried" about their loved ones that were over there, like that makes someone a great patriot. And I do not mean to be mean spirited, just disappointed that anyone would "assume" an equal sufferance. Don't presume to know what it was like, because no amount of TV or Theater can indue the actual experience we willingly subjected ourselves to in the name of American liberty. Sounds corny, but no matter how many others that are angry, guilty or hurt from the experience, I won't blame my country for my participation. I was very disappointed in our reception upon return from the Far East, but that's what it's all about.
I've paid my dues for living in such a great country, so I accept those of an opinion that our government was wrong. But, I will never accept an opinion that we fought for nothing, or that my comrades in arms died for a wrongful war. Yes, America lost that war, because it was run by politicians instead of Generals. We could have won that war in short order if given a chance. I have heard that the war was very lucrative for the Johnsons. I'll let you research that one. I am sure you will be surprised at what you find out about what the Johnson family had going. Not that I care.
We lost almost 60,000 men in that war and another 50,000 by suicide afterward. I will attribute many of that 50K deaths to how our Vets were treated when they returned.
How about a bit more support and respect for our military now, rather than telling them that what they are doing is wrong. How about holding back on your opinions when you don't agree, but also don't know the full extent of what those guys/gals go through in combat? If you want to be patriotic, why not hold your opinion when you know it can cause resentment or hurt?

A paraphrased saying that I read on a zippo lighter once:

"For those that fight for it, Freedom and Liberty has a flavor that the protected will never taste." I have no idea where it came from or if I even have it close to correct, but the theme is close.

Tags
court, system, judge, letter, open

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.