Osama Bin Laden is killed

Old 05-02-2011, 09:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Both sides can revel in the death of this evil, evil man.
But when my wife told me he was buried at sea my first thought was "oh, oh, there will be 'deathers' heard from soon" and isn't that a sad state of affairs considering this great accomplishment for the USA (note that I did not say Obama). I hope I am wrong, but keep an eye on it.
We need pictures and we need them real soon. The American people will be demanding that, for the same reason we go to view the deceased at a wake. We need to see with our own eyes for true closure. Without that, what you fear will become reality.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
We need pictures and we need them real soon. The American people will be demanding that, for the same reason we go to view the deceased at a wake. We need to see with our own eyes for true closure. Without that, what you fear will become reality.
It's already started. A site on the web claimed the photos of him with a hole in his head were really not him. Damn I wish we could all get together.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:43 AM
n/a

Just in....DNA evidence proves with 99.9% certainty that it was, in fact, bin Laden.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
True closure?

I am beginning to form the opinion that a viewing is not a great thing. I am leaning more toward a memorial ceremony with a picture of me in a good light.

It will become a reality, because the reality is that some of us trust the government and some of us do not.

I have no reason to think that this is a scam.

But I have heard and read some tall tales on here and heard some urban legends. Some people want to believe preposterous things and I am not sure why. Some people like to stir the pot. Some people like to hate.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
True closure?

I am beginning to form the opinion that a viewing is not a great thing. I am leaning more toward a memorial ceremony with a picture of me in a good light.

It will become a reality, because the reality is that some of us trust the government and some of us do not.

But I have heard and read some tall tales on here and heard some urban legends. Some people want to believe preposterous things and I am not sure why. Some people like to stir the pot. Some people like to hate.
Can someone give me an amen?

AMEN.

Xavier
Old 05-02-2011, 11:22 AM
n/a

Default Great

Quote:
True closure?

post.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
true closure?

But i have heard and read some tall tales on here and heard some urban legends. Some people want to believe preposterous things and i am not sure why. Some people like to stir the pot. Some people like to hate.
amen
Old 05-02-2011, 11:26 AM
n/a

I'm thankful Obama continued Bush's policy at Getmo. That's where the intel came from that lead to OBL's demise. Good thing he didn't close it like he promised.

Some how I knew Obama would get the credit instead of the Seals that risked their lives to take him out.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:32 AM
n/a

Default Obama has given all the

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
I'm thankful Obama continued Bush's policy at Getmo. That's where the intel came from that lead to OBL's demise. Good thing he didn't close it like he promised.

Some how I knew Obama would get the credit instead of the Seals that risked their lives to take him out.
credit to our men and women in uniform. Where do you get the nonsense you post here?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:45 AM
n/a

dk: He's getting credit for giving the operation the 'go' sign.

From what I just heard on MSNBC radio while out at lunch:

- DNA just in, 100% sure.
- CIA facial recognition software - 95% sure.
- The military is in possession of a picture of Osama's body. They and the president are contemplating whether or not to release it.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:13 PM
n/a

I love the Obama Rocks comment. As a whole, the group that actually did the work is JSOC. The very ones that were so harshly criticized right here on this forum (along with Bush) for their “interrogation” techniques that were used to get intel on people like OBL and probably OBL himself.

Quote:
Since 9/11, the JSOC units and their task forces have become the U.S. government's most effective and lethal weapon against terrorists and their networks, drawing plenty of unwanted, and occasionally unflattering, attention to themselves in the process.
JSOC costs the country more than $1 billion annually. The command has its critics, but it has escaped significant congressional scrutiny and has operated largely with impunity since 9/11. Some of its interrogators and operators were involved in torture and rendition, and the line between its intelligence-gathering activities and the CIA's has been blurred.
One of Obama’s “election war cries” was to close Guantanamo Bay and even prosecute those who engaged in such harsh tactics at Guantanamo.

Now Obama Rocks? I think I’m going to be sick. The only thing Obama did is give the word go and probably had to read that off his teleprompter.

The thing that truly rocks is our Military and the people in it. I give ZERO credit to Obama except for the fact he didn’t close Guantanamo or cut funding for JSOC.

Ok, I won't critire Obama for the rest of the day... no week. Happy now?

I'm happy that OBL will rot in Hell for all eternaty and I'm happy for our Military.. another feather in their cap.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:00 PM
n/a

dk,your response is unbelievable. You have won. I will no longer respond to any of your posts. Your hatred for the man will not allow any impartiality toward him. It has nothing to do with his policies or beliefs, you hate the man. There is NOTHING he can do that will change your mind. It's too bad.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
I love the Obama Rocks comment. As a whole, the group that actually did the work is JSOC. The very ones that were so harshly criticized right here on this forum (along with Bush) for their “interrogation” techniques that were used to get intel on people like OBL and probably OBL himself.

One of Obama’s “election war cries” was to close Guantanamo Bay and even prosecute those who engaged in such harsh tactics at Guantanamo.

Now Obama Rocks? I think I’m going to be sick. The only thing Obama did is give the word go and probably had to read that off his teleprompter.

The thing that truly rocks is our Military and the people in it. I give ZERO credit to Obama except for the fact he didn’t close Guantanamo or cut funding for JSOC.

I'm happy that OBL will rot in Hell for all eternaty and I'm happy for our Military.. another feather in their cap.
Something just isn't right. Too much aggression and hatred. Maybe you are working too hard. Dude, you need to take some me time and just relax. I wouldn't be running any machinery.

Xavier
Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 PM
n/a

Quote:

As ever, real klassy.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:43 PM
n/a

The last two posts criticizing DKLASSEN are a bit confusing.

While the President is in the office when this takes place and should and will get credit, everything that DKLASSEN says is correct. He has continued ALL the policies he decried during the campaign, and that continuation led to this plan of attack. That can not be denied, can it ?

This does not take away from any credit, but to look at this in total isolation is somewhat short sighted and totally political.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.