Osama Bin Laden is killed

Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
I'm thankful Obama continued Bush's policy at Getmo. That's where the intel came from that lead to OBL's demise. Good thing he didn't close it like he promised.

Some how I knew Obama would get the credit instead of the Seals that risked their lives to take him out.
I'm also glad that the President had enough sense, once in office, to continue GW Bush's terrorist strategies and utilize the redefined defense and national security intelligence protocols developed during his administration.

Another of the President's decisions I'm thankful for, like you D, is his decision to renege on his pledge to close Guantanamo as he promised those who voted for him, and keep this facility open which reportedly resulted in the intel that led to locating bin Laden's whereabouts.

The President did in his initial address last night use the word "I" a lot in reporting the assassination, much like Bill Clinton always did in speaking to the press. It a foible they both share because of their self centered personalities. It would have been more statesman-like if he was a little more humble, as Reagan and Bush would have been, but that's a minor issue in this story.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
The last two posts criticizing DKLASSEN are a bit confusing.

While the President is in the office when this takes place and should and will get credit, everything that DKLASSEN says is correct. He has continued ALL the policies he decried during the campaign, and that continuation led to this plan of attack. That can not be denied, can it ?

This does not take away from any credit, but to look at this in total isolation is somewhat short sighted and totally political.
First off, to TOTV. If you haven't already, you'll find this place just loaded with useful information and wonderful people. That is, in the non-Political portion of this site! The political thread is a place where people never change anyone else's opinion and continually try by banging their head against a concrete wall. Quite fun if you're into that. I don't normally hang around here, but I've been bored lately and have been doing my best not to let the 6 or 7 regular right-wingers take themselves too seriously. They need a little stirring up to keep them from eating their young.

To your first question: Yes, that can be denied since you didn't support your very broad statement. You used the word ALL and we all know that's totally false.

Your referrence to "...is somewhat short sighted and totally political." Duh, Political Forum!

Enjoy yourself and don't take this place too seriously. I now return you to your regular programming. Or is that deprogramming?

Xavier
Old 05-02-2011, 03:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
The last two posts criticizing DKLASSEN are a bit confusing.

While the President is in the office when this takes place and should and will get credit, everything that DKLASSEN says is correct. He has continued ALL the policies he decried during the campaign, and that continuation led to this plan of attack. That can not be denied, can it ?

This does not take away from any credit, but to look at this in total isolation is somewhat short sighted and totally political.
It's the hatred that klassy spews...paraphrasing 'all Obama did was give the order and then probably from a teleprompter'....he always has to work in his hatred.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:37 PM
n/a

Obama is the POTUS and it happened under his watch....he had to give the final OK as commander in chief...we all know that.

Congrats are in order for the JSOC team and their intel sources that made it happen.

My only criticism is, and I would say this regardless who was POTUS...in his speech last night it was not necessary for him to to declare it happened "under my direction". All warm blooded thinking people on the planet recognize he is commander in chief and the role a POTUS plays in such an event of world wide impact. I choose to chalk that type commentary off to his advisors that did not serve him well in that regard...and his inexperience as a leader knowing he gets the credit without having to advertize as such.

We also know in this day and age of possible mistakes and mis-representation that those in the responsible positions in the chain of command would have some validation beyond a reasonable doubt to support the deed claimed.

And in my opinion we owed Bin Laden or the lunatics that support and follow him, muslim or other wise any respect to dispense with the body in accordance to muslim belief.....that is somewhat of a distortion for an individual who is central to killing as many Americans as possible...men, women and children. Hence the immediate burial at sea is at best kind of hokey. Again Obama's advisors would/should know exactly how the skeptical world we live in would react to such closure (which for many it just will not be) and it does not matter whether there is an R or D after your name to think that way.

It is by it's very nature political fodder....like it or not.

When Huseein's sons were killed they were very mindful to have available photos to alay the naysayers.

I think it was a mistake to not maximize the visual proof for the world! Screw the honoring of the muslim practice of how they treat their dead....this man did not and certainly does not warrant such "honor".

btk
Old 05-02-2011, 03:42 PM
n/a

Oh give me a break DaleMN

Interesting that for years, Bush, Chaney, Palin, Bachmann, The Tea Party, etc, etc, etc, have taken a pounding right in these very forums. They’ve been called war criminals, liars and racists among many other things.

When the shoes on the other foot some folks just can’t seem to deal with it. How predictable, anyone who has a differing opinion is deemed a hater. Typical ploy from the left in an attempt to shut down anyone who doesn't agree with them.

So let’s get back to the facts. Exactly what did Obama do to facilitate or organize the capture of OBL besides giving the ok?
Old 05-02-2011, 04:30 PM
n/a

Lassen, get back to your newspapers (whatever right wing rag that you read). Ossama was not captured. He was killed. You wanted to get back to the facts in your last post. Ossama was killed. You said captured.

It is C H E N E Y and not C H A N E Y. Even the right wing fishwrappers spell the names right. Speaking of Dick Cheney, he received 5 draft deferments and testified before Congress that "I had other priorities in the '60s than military service." A liar, war criminal, and racist? Let the record speak for itself. I do not see racist in his background.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:51 PM
n/a

Why do some people think giving the OK was so easy,no big deal,nothing to worry about. DK,did you ever think of the consequences if the mission failed? 40 Americans were sent in. What if they were killed instead? What would have been the reaction if the mission was a failure? This was not as easy as some of you are saying. He made the decision and should be applauded for it not demeaned.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
What would have been the reaction if the mission was a failure?
Blame Bush?

Bugs, that sounds a bit hateful to me. You know what I meant in my post.

I do give Obama credit for carrying on Bush's policies and I'm glad he did.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
Why do some people think giving the OK was so easy,no big deal,nothing to worry about. DK,did you ever think of the consequences if the mission failed? 40 Americans were sent in. What if they were killed instead? What would have been the reaction if the mission was a failure? This was not as easy as some of you are saying. He made the decision and should be applauded for it not demeaned.
Bravo
Old 05-02-2011, 06:21 PM
n/a

Be back in a few. Have to go off line. Tornado warning...close.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:44 PM
n/a

Take cover from that tornado and be careful.

Lassen, I am not even going to waste electrons in responding to your ridiculous postings anymore. It is like talking to a 3 year old who has their mind set on one thing only.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:53 PM
n/a

Default There will always be

those that are a doubting "Thomas"..... We still hear of Elvis sightings, Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
We need pictures and we need them real soon. The American people will be demanding that, for the same reason we go to view the deceased at a wake. We need to see with our own eyes for true closure. Without that, what you fear will become reality.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:02 PM
n/a

I understand and don't blame you. I feel the same way when conversing with Liberals sometimes. I guess it's best to just let it pass.

Kind of like the nasty tornadic supercell that just rolled by my front yard. Sheesh!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 522011-storm.jpg (18.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-02-2011, 07:12 PM
n/a

Default Even Rush Limbaugh Is Giving President

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
Oh give me a break DaleMN

Interesting that for years, Bush, Chaney, Palin, Bachmann, The Tea Party, etc, etc, etc, have taken a pounding right in these very forums. They’ve been called war criminals, liars and racists among many other things.

When the shoes on the other foot some folks just can’t seem to deal with it. How predictable, anyone who has a differing opinion is deemed a hater. Typical ploy from the left in an attempt to shut down anyone who doesn't agree with them.

So let’s get back to the facts. Exactly what did Obama do to facilitate or organize the capture of OBL besides giving the ok?
Obama the credit he deserves/

http://blog.syracuse.com/entertainme...esident_o.html
Old 05-02-2011, 07:15 PM
n/a

Not sure if you were listening to his whole show or not but it was no credit... if you heard his entire (very sarcastic) commentary... but nice try. Did you watch the video on that page?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.