Osama Bin Laden is killed

Old 05-04-2011, 06:01 AM
n/a

The thing I think I give him the most credit for is all the flack he took from his own base for not closing Guantanamo Bay. Most politicians are VERY guilty of pandering to their base. Obama campaigned on closing GITMO and it never happened. Many Democrats and Independets called him out on it. Now hindsight is 20/20 and I think we can say it's pretty obvious WHY Obama did that. But for those who say that Obama practices whatever the polls preach, this is certainly a case demonstrating the opposite.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:16 AM
n/a

The following article points out why/how politician's partisan pandering causes flip flopping their positions:

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/20...%0Ancy-pelosi/

Hence no credibility.

I think the last paragraph is significant as it points out the destructive nature of rigid partisan yard sticks. Especially the following statement in that paragraph:

"It underscores the degree to which partisanship can ravage people’s fair-mindedness and, in the process, make them look like fools and hacks."

This partisan obsession and the desperate need to measure everything against an R or a D yardstick has over taken the disgusting, linguine spined, hollow, don't do what is right...political correctness!!

Nothing is sacred in politics...except re-election.

btk
Old 05-05-2011, 06:12 AM
n/a

Default OBL dead?

Are you really sure he's dead. Lies have come down the pike before, where is his head. Election is coming .
Old 05-05-2011, 06:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
Are you really sure he's dead. Lies have come down the pike before, where is his head. Election is coming .
I am.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am.
Me too.

Xavier
Old 05-05-2011, 08:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Was going to say something smart at the risk of being called a communist again.
But yes, I am sure he is dead.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.