Other warning signs this administration is ignoring/doing nothing about

Old 01-08-2010, 10:25 AM
n/a

Default Other warning signs this administration is ignoring/doing nothing about

(same-o same-o just like all the others for the past 40 years:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-...row-2010-01-08

How progressive a nation are we when a core basic need is being allowed to deteriorate into junk?
As I mentioned in a previous post this administrations (like the others) use the fire fighting approach....if they don't see any flames there is no problem.

The pent up, ever looming energy crisis, when it really erupts will pale the impacts of the recession and all the wars added together. Why?
Because when it does happen....and it is only a matter of when....YOU will be affected along with everybody else.

Think about it. It takes 10 years to get new refineries on line.....nothing done for 30 years....and the next new one is 10 years away!!!!!

Thank the federal government for continually marching we the people to the cliff's edge by not planning for the future.

The fire fighting, knee jerk, panic, gotta fix it now.....DOES NOT WORK FOR AN ENERGY CRISIS.

And living in TV bubble is no salvation because when food and supplies can't get here what do y'all think your going to be able to do?

Like the next terrorist attack on US soil, the clock is ticking on the energy crisis waiting to happen.

There won't be any money left to do anything anyway....so enjoy what you have while you can and pray for those generations coming behind us who WILL have to deal with the results of our stupidity.

btk
Old 01-08-2010, 10:56 AM
n/a

Arrow To a point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
(same-o same-o just like all the others for the past 40 years:

Think about it. It takes 10 years to get new refineries on line.....nothing done for 30 years....and the next new one is 10 years away!!!!!

btk
I agree! So where were the other administrations you're so fond of??? At least this one is starting to do something, along with having to deal with the Republican party of NO!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
I agree! So where were the other administrations you're so fond of??? At least this one is starting to do something, along with having to deal with the Republican party of NO!
Chelsea,

1. PLEASE show where this administration is doing ANYTHING about new oil refineries ?

2. Bush offered old military bases to be used for refineries and was rebuffed !!!

This from the NY TIMES in late December....

"Only a few years ago, a cry went up that the United States needed more oil refineries. The perceived shortage was so acute that George W. Bush, president at the time, even offered disused military bases as sites for building them."

"The refining industry is also faced with a new political reality. Unlike the Bush administration, which offered support and incentives to petroleum producers, the goal of the Obama administration is to encourage alternative fuels and reduce the use of gasoline"

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/24/bu...4refining.html

Why do you insist on total blind loyalty while distorting the truth in order to show that loyalty ? I dont expect an answer as you never do reply to facts !
Old 01-08-2010, 02:43 PM
n/a

Default Chelsea, I included in my thread the fact that previous

that would be previous with a capital "P" administrations did nothing either.
So why truncate an issue down to the last administration to rail on about the past.
It is not a blame issue. I don't know why when there is a constructive opportunity to discuss an issue that will affect every living American, not just a partisan few, there has to be the constant need for some to have to attempt to drag the issue back down to the rudiments of partisan gutter politics....either side.

You are also off base as I have said to you in the past to make an assertion who it is I favor. I take particular exception to you and others of your line of thinking who continually assign an affiliation to your opposition, any opposition that is not in lock step with either your party or Obama.

The issue I raise here, because when it happens will by it's very nature not lend itself to the blame game assignment of today's politics. When the energy crisis happens it will dwarf any previous attacks on US soil. There will be some unifying effect since people will tend to want to survive together. There will be no use for the need to know what party one belongs to....or who is POTUS. The future potential prospects of the damage this issue, continued without being addressed will have on ALL American is not imaginable.

It would be a nice change of pace to hear an issue of such significance addressed rather than the usual party sing song or the political bantering.
That will not save future generations from the scourge they WILL be confronted with.

Politics and partisan preservation is what has caused this issue to NOT be addressed.

btk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.