Palin couldn't even answer

Old 06-10-2011, 09:08 PM
n/a

O'Reilly also said Palin is becoming less popular because she is becoming more and more like Obama by avoiding the tough and critical questions and not engaging in a real conversation about issues (also like Obama). O'Reilly says this is going to hurt her with independents and Republicans. I guess this is the cue for some to say how they couldn't care any less what O'Reilly thinks. But I thought I'd add my two cents. Isn't that right Jim?
Old 06-11-2011, 05:58 AM
n/a

Does anyone know that Obama thinks this country has 58 states?

Does anyone know how quietly the media let him get away with saying it?

Sarcasm dripping........yep we sure need to worry about Palin.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:56 AM
n/a

I was just thinking the other day....I really don't care what Bill O'Reilly has to say.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:10 AM
n/a

Default Wow..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
I was just thinking the other day....I really don't care what Bill O'Reilly has to say.
Wow.. now there is something We can agree on!!
JJ
Old 06-11-2011, 09:18 AM
n/a

Don't forget that the former governor of Alaska - supposedly a college graduate - still thinks that humans and dinosaurs were on Earth at the same time.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
just what I've come to expect from you! I guess you just ruined your attempts to pawn yourself off as some kind of intellectual.
I've never portrayed myself as an intellectual. Thank you for perceiving me as one, though.

I'm just trying to engage you in a way you understand. I may have succeeded.

Call the NY Times. They're waiting for your call.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
Trying to teach anyone about Palin's abundance of ignorance is like trying to teach a pig to sing...you won't succeed and you will anger the pig. We both have better and more productive things to do.
I agree wholeheartedly. Democrats should be focusing on such as things as massive unemployment, massive home foreclosures, massive debt........ oh well...... you know.

BTW it's "annoys" the pig....... just ask any "third grader."
Old 06-17-2011, 09:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. Democrats should be focusing on such as things as massive unemployment, massive home foreclosures, massive debt........ oh well...... you know.

BTW it's "annoys" the pig....... just ask any "third grader."
Actually, this country's had enough of the Democrat's meddling in the private sector which has caused and accelerated such things as massive unemployment, massive home foreclosures, massive debt, etc., etc............
Old 06-17-2011, 10:18 AM
n/a

Default You Forgot Saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Actually, this country's had enough of the Democrat's meddling in the private sector which has caused and accelerated such things as massive unemployment, massive home foreclosures, massive debt, etc., etc............
the domestic automobile industry.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:37 PM
n/a

I'll try to remember that as I'm thinking of the many billions of dollars we'll never get back from that stupid deal that screwed the company's shareholders and put millions in the pockets of the auto union.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:47 PM
n/a

So why is Canada growing THEIR job market at many times the rate we are? You better believe they're far more involved in corporations than we are!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
So why is Canada growing THEIR job market at many times the rate we are? You better believe they're far more involved in corporations than we are!
If you're so sure you're comparing apples and apples, your tell me.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:44 PM
n/a

This is exactly my point. It "low taxes" was the cure-all, we'd be swimming in it (taxation as a percentage of GDP is pretty damn low right now - lowest since the 1950s if I remember correctly)

Yet how come high-tax, high-union Canada is doing so well? I know part of it was that they didn't have the same kind of real-estate problem we did. But that's because THEIR regulators didn't allow their banks to do what ours did.

I read an article today about Canada shrinking it's government in the 1990s, setting the stage for more stability. It didn't even mean losing a lot of government jobs - it was more along the lines of handing out fewer and smaller checks to people.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:20 PM
n/a

President Bush- not President Obama- enacted TARP and signed the Bank bailout into law towards the end of his presidency.

How are so many people misinformed about the TARP "bailout"? It's not just Fox-watching Republicans (who are often grossly misinformed by the channel) but Democrats as well. Doesn't anybody check their facts anymore? Or do people just choose the facts that support the narrative they want to believe? Bush bailed out the banks and fueled the greatest Recession in generations. Why blame it all on the guy trying to clean up his mess?
Old 06-18-2011, 10:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
President Bush- not President Obama- enacted TARP and signed the Bank bailout into law towards the end of his presidency.

How are so many people misinformed about the TARP "bailout"? It's not just Fox-watching Republicans (who are often grossly misinformed by the channel) but Democrats as well. Doesn't anybody check their facts anymore? Or do people just choose the facts that support the narrative they want to believe? Bush bailed out the banks and fueled the greatest Recession in generations. Why blame it all on the guy trying to clean up his mess?
Because Bush gave away the cow, but Obama gave away the farm.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.