Petraues is a better pick for Secretary of State than Romney

Old 11-28-2016, 06:51 PM
n/a

Is it not amusing, no actually it is out right hillarious, the same folks who would look past all the wrong doing, law breaking, "careless and reckless" handling of the nation's security by Clinton have the nerve to attempt to cite what Pertaeus did wrong.

Un--believeable!!!
Old 11-28-2016, 10:29 PM
n/a

Trump needs to be loyal. Sec of State isn't more than a show position since modern times the president can do everything at any time. This is an honorary position. Romney no. Trump supporter yes.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Trump needs to be loyal. Sec of State isn't more than a show position since modern times the president can do everything at any time. This is an honorary position. Romney no. Trump supporter yes.
It's obvious that you know nothing of the position SecState and their duties. We need someone with experience and integrity, not disloyal political hacks and national security violators.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
It's obvious that you know nothing of the position SecState and their duties. We need someone with experience and integrity, not disloyal political hacks and national security violators.
You do? You were one too? You're holding the latest "job description" in front of you?

ALL the appointed positions are POLITICAL appointments.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
You do? You were one too? You're holding the latest "job description" in front of you?

ALL the appointed positions are POLITICAL appointments.
There are thousands of political appointments. That does not preclude them from requiring a certain amount of experience and knowledge. Yes, I do know what the job entails, since I worked for several of them.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
There are thousands of political appointments. That does not preclude them from requiring a certain amount of experience and knowledge. Yes, I do know what the job entails, since I worked for several of them.
They KNOW how to play politics...THAT is the #1 priority. Sorry lady but the janitor doesn't know what REALLY goes on in the office.

If you DID "work for several" then you know that it's ALL politics...all bullsh!t...corruption.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:23 AM
n/a

Romney would be best choice Donald Trump has available to him. It would at least show that he is not just continuing the same kind of cronyism found in DC for the past 240 years.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
Romney would be best choice Donald Trump has available to him. It would at least show that he is not just continuing the same kind of cronyism found in DC for the past 240 years.
OMG...please...Romney IS Gordon Gekko from the movie Wall Street...he buys up failing companies cheap and sells off the part for a profit. He is NOT a "good man"...none of them are. They're ALL narcissistic psychopaths.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
They KNOW how to play politics...THAT is the #1 priority. Sorry lady but the janitor doesn't know what REALLY goes on in the office.

If you DID "work for several" then you know that it's ALL politics...all bullsh!t...corruption.
Well girl, it must be nice to be a know-in-all. It may be political appointments, but they still need to know the job. We have seen how hosed up Hillary was with it. She had no clue. That's why they need to appoint experienced people for positions. The Secstate is one of the most important cabinet positions.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
Well girl, it must be nice to be a know-in-all. It may be political appointments, but they still need to know the job. We have seen how hosed up Hillary was with it. She had no clue. That's why they need to appoint experienced people for positions. The Secstate is one of the most important cabinet positions.
Gotta keep that boot pressed against their neck? We're an empire, run by/for the corporations/wealthy, out for world domination. Secstate is the head Nazi, the one who twists the boot heel just right to get the desired results.

How does a "political appointee" get EXPERIENCE in harassing foreign countries into submission? What experience does Romney have in dealing with foreign governments? I'd agree that the assistants of the current Secstate would be the best choice. But ABILITY has nothing to do with political appointments. Because they TELL others what to do, they don't really DO anything. They talk, golf, lunch, dinner, and make deals. Others "get 'er done".
Old 11-29-2016, 10:50 AM
n/a

from state.gov, all rights to them.

Duties of the SecState
(My view between Petraeus, Romney and Giuliani)

Serves as the President's principal adviser on U.S. foreign policy; (Petraeus based on his military & CIA background)
Conducts negotiations relating to U.S. foreign affairs; (Petraeus and Romney tied, Giuliani maybe be a little hot headed)
Grants and issues passports to American citizens and exequaturs to foreign consuls in the United States; (All three can appoint people to do this)
Advises the President on the appointment of U.S. ambassadors, ministers, consuls, and other diplomatic representatives; (Petraeus knows more than Romney on this)
Advises the President regarding the acceptance, recall, and dismissal of the representatives of foreign governments; (All three can do this, as they would all be advised on this)
Personally participates in or directs U.S. representatives to international conferences, organizations, and agencies; (All three can do this, I could do this))
Negotiates, interprets, and terminates treaties and agreements; (All three can do this with Trump's direction, nothing doesn't go through Trump))
Ensures the protection of the U.S. Government to American citizens, property, and interests in foreign countries; (I lean toward Giuliani on this one for his law skills over Petraeus for his military skills)
Supervises the administration of U.S. immigration laws abroad; (Giuliani wins here as this is what he is focused on)
Provides information to American citizens regarding the political, economic, social, cultural, and humanitarian conditions in foreign countries; (Romney on this one, as he is more social based on things like healthcare)
Informs the Congress and American citizens on the conduct of U.S. foreign relations; (All three can do this)
Promotes beneficial economic intercourse between the United States and other countries; (Romney is more a businessman)
Administers the Department of State; (All three can direct others to run the day by day)
Supervises the Foreign Service of the United States. (I was going to say Giuliani but am going to be fair and say all three can do this)

So, with all that said. On being able to do the job and experience, each get 2 votes, with the rest being ties.

Now it comes down to integrity (the state of being whole and undivided): Giuliani wins as he has been whole and undivided towards Trump. If Giuliani was out of the picture, then Petraeus over Romney just because of the Romney rant.

So, I would give it to Giuliani.
Petraeus second
and Romney last

or Romney if you want pretty.

But its all down to what Trump wants, media is leaning Romney at this moment.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Is it not amusing, no actually it is out right hillarious, the same folks who would look past all the wrong doing, law breaking, "careless and reckless" handling of the nation's security by Clinton have the nerve to attempt to cite what Pertaeus did wrong.

Un--believeable!!!
Kind of makes you want to be on here less and less, huh BTK?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2016, 11:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
from state.gov, all rights to them.

Duties of the SecState
(My view between Petraeus, Romney and Giuliani)

Serves as the President's principal adviser on U.S. foreign policy; (Petraeus based on his military & CIA background)
Conducts negotiations relating to U.S. foreign affairs; (Petraeus and Romney tied, Giuliani maybe be a little hot headed)
Grants and issues passports to American citizens and exequaturs to foreign consuls in the United States; (All three can appoint people to do this)
Advises the President on the appointment of U.S. ambassadors, ministers, consuls, and other diplomatic representatives; (Petraeus knows more than Romney on this)
Advises the President regarding the acceptance, recall, and dismissal of the representatives of foreign governments; (All three can do this, as they would all be advised on this)
Personally participates in or directs U.S. representatives to international conferences, organizations, and agencies; (All three can do this, I could do this))
Negotiates, interprets, and terminates treaties and agreements; (All three can do this with Trump's direction, nothing doesn't go through Trump))
Ensures the protection of the U.S. Government to American citizens, property, and interests in foreign countries; (I lean toward Giuliani on this one for his law skills over Petraeus for his military skills)
Supervises the administration of U.S. immigration laws abroad; (Giuliani wins here as this is what he is focused on)
Provides information to American citizens regarding the political, economic, social, cultural, and humanitarian conditions in foreign countries; (Romney on this one, as he is more social based on things like healthcare)
Informs the Congress and American citizens on the conduct of U.S. foreign relations; (All three can do this)
Promotes beneficial economic intercourse between the United States and other countries; (Romney is more a businessman)
Administers the Department of State; (All three can direct others to run the day by day)
Supervises the Foreign Service of the United States. (I was going to say Giuliani but am going to be fair and say all three can do this)

So, with all that said. On being able to do the job and experience, each get 2 votes, with the rest being ties.

Now it comes down to integrity (the state of being whole and undivided): Giuliani wins as he has been whole and undivided towards Trump. If Giuliani was out of the picture, then Petraeus over Romney just because of the Romney rant.

So, I would give it to Giuliani.
Petraeus second
and Romney last

or Romney if you want pretty.

But its all down to what Trump wants, media is leaning Romney at this moment.

Rudy G would never pass the senate confirmation, just look at his record since leaving the mayor's job. Seventeen million in one year for speaking engagements. Look at the countries he spoke at.

FBI Director, James Comey, just reminded us that David Petraeus hid the classified documents he shared with his lover in his attic under the floorboards and then lied about it. He had a very contentious hearing before congress before he was fired from his CIA Director's job, stripped of a few ranks, and given two years probation after pleading guilty.

Would Petraeus pass a senate confirmation hearing? Hard to tell.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:57 PM
n/a

They're ALL psychopathic corrupt criminals! WHEN will you get that through your heads? THOSE are the people who want these jobs full of power and privilege.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
They're ALL psychopathic corrupt criminals! WHEN will you get that through your heads? THOSE are the people who want these jobs full of power and privilege.
What's that got to do with the subject?

Tags
personally, state, romney, secretary, pick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.