Government Shutdown

Old 01-03-2018, 10:09 AM
n/a

Default Government Shutdown

Back during the Clinton administration, the government shut down due to Newt Gingrich's clowning around. He thought it was a grand idea but it cost the taxpayers billions of dollars for his grandstanding.

I was working in Washington at the time. I was furloughed for 6 weeks. At the end of the furlough, I got my full pay for the entire furlough time.

Who was the winner? Voters rightfully blamed Gingrich and his foolishness. Democrats won.

Now, TRUMPANZEE is saying he is willing to shut down the government if he does not get his way. What a moron!
Old 01-03-2018, 10:27 AM
n/a

The recurring "government shutdown game" is nothing more than the partisan establishment doing their periodic mental masturbation.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Back during the Clinton administration, the government shut down due to Newt Gingrich's clowning around. He thought it was a grand idea but it cost the taxpayers billions of dollars for his grandstanding.

I was working in Washington at the time. I was furloughed for 6 weeks. At the end of the furlough, I got my full pay for the entire furlough time.

Who was the winner? Voters rightfully blamed Gingrich and his foolishness. Democrats won.

Now, TRUMPANZEE is saying he is willing to shut down the government if he does not get his way. What a moron!
You were the winner. Extra paid vacation!
Old 01-03-2018, 11:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
The recurring "government shutdown game" is nothing more than the partisan establishment doing their periodic mental masturbation.
It's nothing more than taking out more loans to give more to the ultra wealthy who end up with most of it in the end.

They scare us into agreeing it's necessary.

When they raise the debt ceiling...the Fed bankers make an entry in a ledger and collect 6% for their trouble. They're collecting interest on over $20 trillion so far...$500,000,000,000 a year +/-.

Tags
full, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.