Political Forum Shutting Down..

Old 01-01-2018, 02:36 PM
n/a

Default Political Forum Shutting Down..

Political Forums Notice

TalkofTheVillages.com

TalkofTheVillages.com would like to wish everyone a safe, happy and healthy New Year!

There is a forum dedicated to political discussions that users have to opt into in order to view them. Due to the 'nature' of politics we only have less than .5% of all users subscribed to them. The other 99.5% do not.

Due to some programming and development updates that need to be done the Political Forum will be closed for an unspecified amount of time as these development improvements will take a back seat to the enhancements and upgrades scheduled that server the 99.5% of TOTV users. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Reminder: This does NOT mean that political comments are now allowed on the general forums they are not. Users who violate this rule will be subject to infractions issued against user account and further actions including account suspension and banning.

This would include but not be limited to reference(s) to a political party, political individual, or political topic. Moderators and Administrators retain the right to use their discretion and any politically related or implied thread or post will be removed.

Thank you for making Talk of The Villages the #1 website for over 10 years!
1,182,190 discussions and counting!
Old 01-01-2018, 02:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Political Forums Notice

TalkofTheVillages.com

TalkofTheVillages.com would like to wish everyone a safe, happy and healthy New Year!

There is a forum dedicated to political discussions that users have to opt into in order to view them. Due to the 'nature' of politics we only have less than .5% of all users subscribed to them. The other 99.5% do not.

Due to some programming and development updates that need to be done the Political Forum will be closed for an unspecified amount of time as these development improvements will take a back seat to the enhancements and upgrades scheduled that server the 99.5% of TOTV users. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Reminder: This does NOT mean that political comments are now allowed on the general forums they are not. Users who violate this rule will be subject to infractions issued against user account and further actions including account suspension and banning.

This would include but not be limited to reference(s) to a political party, political individual, or political topic. Moderators and Administrators retain the right to use their discretion and any politically related or implied thread or post will be removed.

They have to remove and burn all the back ups before the feds come looking. I heard they consulted with Hillary Clinton.

Thank you taltarzac725
Old 01-01-2018, 02:41 PM
n/a

Let's all thank Taltarzac725

Thanks buddy
Old 01-01-2018, 02:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Let's all thank Taltarzac725

Thanks buddy
Ty BUDDY
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Political Forums Notice

TalkofTheVillages.com

Sounds like BS to me. Just a excuse to shut it down. It’s not coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
n/a

Default Shutting down

I think shutting down the political forum is a good idea. The hatred posted on this forum was terrible. If they do bring it back hopefully some of the crazies will not return.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:45 PM
n/a

Political Forum is closing for an unspecified time period?

OMG - what will Al and Tal do in that time period?

Where will Don Baldwin spread his racist filth?

Maybe if we are lucky, Al and Tal will accidentally meet and become great friends without ever knowing their screen names.

Maybe Don Baldwin will get mouth to mouth resuscitation from a black woman - and slip her some tongue!
Old 01-01-2018, 02:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Political Forum is closing for an unspecified time period?

OMG - what will Al and Tal do in that time period?

Where will Don Baldwin spread his racist filth?

Maybe if we are lucky, Al and Tal will accidentally meet and become great friends without knowing their screen names.

Maybe Don Baldwin will get mouth to mouth resuscitation from a black woman.
Sandy, take Tal and me on a cruise.

We will share a cabin, inside so no one accidentally goes overboard
Old 01-01-2018, 02:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Sandy, take Tal and me on a cruise.

We will share a cabin, inside so no one accidentally goes overboard
Now, that is funny!
Old 01-01-2018, 02:54 PM
n/a

This is the 9-11 of TOTV. NOTHING will remain the same however.

Old 01-01-2018, 03:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
I think shutting down the political forum is a good idea. The hatred posted on this forum was terrible. If they do bring it back hopefully some of the crazies will not return.
I see no official notice of this just a post from kenswing.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
It's also posted in the General forums, genius..
Old 01-01-2018, 03:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post

I’d contact the Mods to see about preserving your project.

Old 01-01-2018, 03:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
You idiot, you wouldn't see a train coming at you a hundred miles an hour with its horn and lights blasting.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
It's also posted in the General forums, genius..
I will take a look.

This was Ron Ski's doing then. Good for him.

Tags
political, users, forum, due, talkofthevillages.com

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.