Political Parties

Old 12-17-2017, 09:37 PM
n/a

Default Political Parties

Do you realize that we did not even have political parties at the beginning of the good old USA.
They are not required by the constitution.
Did you ever stop and think that if you are a
"diehard" democrat or republican that you are probably part of the problem?
What does party affiliation do to accomplish anything--other than foster the ill feelings towards the "other" political party?
How many good, worthwhile bills are submitted to congress and are "shut down" simply because one party or the other has a majority of votes?
Please reply and give me some good reasons showing that political parties accomplish anything.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickleball119 View Post
Do you realize that we did not even have political parties at the beginning of the good old USA.
What does party affiliation do to accomplish anything--other than foster the ill feelings towards the "other" political party?
How many good, worthwhile bills are submitted to congress and are "shut down" simply because one party or the other has a majority of votes?
Please reply and give me some good reasons showing that political parties accomplish anything.
Totally agree. There are a lot of independents
Old 12-17-2017, 10:13 PM
n/a

Yes--glad you brought up the "independents" That would be the answer for us all--IF we got to the point where we simply did not have "parties" at all.
AND--the TV stations did not accept paid ads, but, as a public service, hosted, let's say--10 "candidates forums" in September and October.
Also--NO paid ads in newspapers nor on the internet.
AND--at all government levels--we did not put candidates on the ballots based on "political party" affiliation.
Yes--LOTS of problems implementing those ideas, but we need solutions to the political mess we have right now.
Definitely--one place to start throughout the nation--is to have the public more involved in local government decisions. Straighten out the politicians at the local level and then move to the state and federal level.
The bottom line: A revolution in this country to get politics out of government!
Old 12-17-2017, 10:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Totally agree. There are a lot of independents
No there aren't. The Ds and Rs get 90% of the vote...because the country is full of ignorant, brainwashed, sheep.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:59 AM
n/a

This post is ignorant of

The Structure Of Politics: Type 1 vs. Type 2 laws.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
Yes--glad you brought up the "independents" That would be the answer for us all--IF we got to the point where we simply did not have "parties" at all.
AND--the TV stations did not accept paid ads, but, as a public service, hosted, let's say--10 "candidates forums" in September and October.
Also--NO paid ads in newspapers nor on the internet.
AND--at all government levels--we did not put candidates on the ballots based on "political party" affiliation.
Yes--LOTS of problems implementing those ideas, but we need solutions to the political mess we have right now.
Definitely--one place to start throughout the nation--is to have the public more involved in local government decisions. Straighten out the politicians at the local level and then move to the state and federal level.
The bottom line: A revolution in this country to get politics out of government!

Bravo.

Do you accept the fact that Type 2 laws ARE politics, and that you can't accomplish that without eliminating Type 2 laws?

(Also, the things you propose are also 100% Type 2 law, i.e. denying/limiting access to TV time, etc. Isn't this adding more politics, when your goal is to reduce it?)

Old 12-18-2017, 05:08 AM
n/a

I wrote in another thread that perhaps this nation has moved to entertaining the implementation of a bicameral paradigm. Nebraska supports such an arrangement.

Its abundantly clear that identity politics is destroying this nation. Its also clear that this nation has always had a problem with its people believing elected representatives understand and support their needs

The most obvious example is Trump. Indeed some of the going on are simply Democratic maneuvers being used fto prepare for the 2018-20 elections . However some is do to the fact that some blacks , some in LGBT community believe that Trump represents the white heterosexual christian community and not theirs?
And of course some if it is because Trump detractors still have not gotten over Hillary's loss

Personal Best Regards:
Old 12-18-2017, 08:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
I wrote in another thread that perhaps this nation has moved to entertaining the implementation of a bicameral paradigm. Nebraska supports such an arrangement.

Its abundantly clear that identity politics is destroying this nation. Its also clear that this nation has always had a problem with its people believing elected representatives understand and support their needs

The most obvious example is Trump. Indeed some of the going on are simply Democratic maneuvers being used fto prepare for the 2018-20 elections . However some is do to the fact that some blacks , some in LGBT community believe that Trump represents the white heterosexual christian community and not theirs?
And of course some if it is because Trump detractors still have not gotten over Hillary's loss

Personal Best Regards:
Its abundantly clear that changing demographics is destroying this nation. There...I fixed it for you. THERE IS NOT ONE SUCCESSFUL BLACK/HISPANIC COUNTRY. None of 1st world standards. America IS falling and it's BECAUSE we are FILLING up with THEM...3rd worlders. There are already over 100 million "foreign born" or the child of a foreign born living in this country right now. 1/3 of Americas population was either born outside the US themselves...OR...is their child. There are 50 million "anchor babies" living in this country...as citizens...and they ARE voting for a new America...a Mexico II. They WILL get it as they WILL be the absolute majority in 30 years. They WILL vote for a Mexico II. They're already making the cities where they ARE already the majority into "Mexico II"...sanctuary cities.

All this political bullsh!t...IS... bullsh!t. It's moot when you are losing your country by being bred out.

Go into the cities...SEE how the "color" is changing...a LOT of black and brown in there. And they are spreading. EVERY town is becoming integrated...diversified...AND more dangerous. As their numbers go up...crime goes up. ALWAYS. I DARE you to find a place that diversity improved. I dare you to find a black or Hispanic "villages", Oxford, ANYTHING great.

You cannot accurately judge if you don't know the facts. You won't get the facts from the media...you MUST go and see for yourself. And when you do...when you visit MLK Blvd...visit a 90% black high school...THEN and ONLY then...will you know the TRUTH about the negro species...Homo Africanus. You can visit ANY...ALL...Mlk Blvds...they're ALL the sh!ttiest part of town/city. You can visit ANY 90% black school...they're ALWAYS the sh!ttiest school in town/city.

It's ALWAYS the same...negros are ALWAYS the lowest of the low, the BOTTOM in EVERY society...EVERY country.

WHY do you think there are none here defending their species? Because they KNOW they're Forrest Gump going up against Newton. They're bringing their wooden spears to an atomic age war. They CANNOT defend their species so their ONLY recourse is to have speech censored by calling EVERYONE who IS truthful, a "racist"...and making "racist" a bad thing. They twist the meaning so it appears like if you want rats or cockroaches removed it's a bad thing...you're a "ratist" or a "roachist" because you don't like vermin. Well "vermin" is what the minorities ARE. They DESTROY EVERYWHERE that they take over...just like rats and roaches. Have you ever seen a rat/roach infested house that was BETTER than one that wasn't? Well...it's the SAME with blacks/hispanics...have you EVER seen a place that got better AFTER an infestation with them? Are there ANY black/Hispanic "villages"? NO...because of THEM...they cannot...they are NOT capable of living like us. Never have been and never will.

I'm being truthful with you. If you REALLY think that negros are our equals...you MUST go and actually MEET some. Not ones being PAID to be nice to you. REAL...in the wild...negros...who live around MLK Blvd. Negros going to a 90% school. Go and see them...see their "character". You will quickly realize that...they are NOT us. And you will be right.

We must stop "them", the blacks and Hispanics from becoming a "super-majority" and completely destroying this country and western civilization.

You've got 30 years.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:54 AM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
There is nothing remotely Christian about Donald John Trump. And many religious people support gay rights.

I have voted for Republicans for President and am not all that fond of Hillary Clinton but should would not be destroying our country's Rule of Law and image abroad like Donald John Trump.

And I really do not like Joe Biden. He is a mouthpiece for the swamp. Trump has just added Russians to the swamp and made it deeper and wider.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
There is nothing remotely Christian about Donald John Trump. And many religious people support gay rights.

I have voted for Republicans for President and am not all that fond of Hillary Clinton but should would not be destroying our country's Rule of Law and image abroad like Donald John Trump.

And I really do not like Joe Biden. He is a mouthpiece for the swamp. Trump has just added Russians to the swamp and made it deeper and wider.
You don't like white men...you'd rather be with your peers...minorities and women.

There...you learned something about yourself today.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Baldwin View Post
You don't like white men...you'd rather be with your peers...minorities and women.

There...you learned something about yourself today.
We all knew THAT. Now finally he knows the truth.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
I tend to agree with this but have never seen a solution for replacing political parties.

Almost every country in the world has political parties. I don't know how people would get elected to represent us if we didn't have them. To me, they are a necessary evil.

They are going to exist and I think that we have to deal with that. Even if you were to come up with a different system, do you think that it would have any chance of replacing the party system?

Although there is nothing in the Constitution regarding parties, they have existed almost from the beginning of our government.

Quote:
The leaders of the American Revolution did not like the idea of parties and political battles between parties. Upon his retirement from public life in 1796, George Washington warned Americans against "faction" (parties). James Madison thought parties were probably necessary, although he did not entirely approve of them. Alexander Hamilton thought that faction was a vice to be guarded against at all times. Thomas Jefferson declared in 1789, "If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all." Nevertheless, the men who held these views founded the first two great American political parties.

Hamilton and other leaders who wanted a strong central government banded together to put over their policies. In 1787 they began calling themselves the Federalists. This was the first United States political party. In 1796, anti-Federalists gathered around Jefferson. Members of Jefferson's group called themselves Democratic-Republicans.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
I tend to agree with this but have never seen a solution for replacing political parties.

Almost every country in the world has political parties. I don't know how people would get elected to represent us if we didn't have them. To me, they are a necessary evil.

They are going to exist and I think that we have to deal with that. Even if you were to come up with a different system, do you think that it would have any chance of replacing the party system?

Although there is nothing in the Constitution regarding parties, they have existed almost from the beginning of our government.
Almost every country is corrupt too.

WHY do we still need representatives? You DO know WHY we had them in the first place? Because things happened SLOWLY back them. I could take over a month to get the voting results tallied. There was no TV, no radio for instantaneous communication. No Internet for instant information.

We could go to a pure Democracy...but...since we're a nation with a minority majority now...it would just hasten America's demise as the popular vote...is the WRONG vote.

Look at how our cities are voting. They're a minority majority and it shows...our cities are falling apart! Blacks/Hispanics/women are NOT good at running things...leave that up to the white men who are.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:42 PM
n/a

Quote:

I do not know if what you claim about Donald Trump is true or untrue. However , of true then your own words support my argument because what they claim he is , he is not.

And as to gay people , those making the most noise have made it abundantly clear that Christians and their church are their mortal enemies . You follow the law have you forgotten that the Supreme Court just heard the famous cake bake case

Traditional values had been the glue that kept this Republic together and moving away from that paradigm will end this nation as we have known it for lover 200 years

Personal Best Regards:
Old 12-18-2017, 04:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
I do not know if what you claim about Donald Trump is true or untrue. However , of true then your own words support my argument because what they claim he is , he is not.

And as to gay people , those making the most noise have made it abundantly clear that Christians and their church are their mortal enemies . You follow the law have you forgotten that the Supreme Court just heard the famous cake bake case

Traditional values had been the glue that kept this Republic together and moving away from that paradigm will end this nation as we have known it for lover 200 years

Personal Best Regards:
It all started in the 1960s with "civil rights". Lowered standards, quotas...they've all led to the end of "America"...white America...the GREAT America...the #1 America.

Tags
political, good, party, parties, accomplish

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.