Is Political Talk Broken?

Old 05-25-2016, 07:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Now that Donald is the gop nominee, democrats are taking a break till November because they know Donald has not a chance in H$// of winning the general. We will have our First female as president and our first First Man.
Yes but the First Female President will be a Native American not the daughter of a Middle Class upbringing in the Chicago Suburbs who once had an aversion to soap and water .
Old 05-25-2016, 08:13 PM
n/a

Say, goodbye to Killary and the last great Clinton hope, or is that hoax?
Old 05-25-2016, 08:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Say, goodbye to Killary and the last great Clinton hope, or is that hoax?
It`s just Fox News and the " Great Right Wing Conspiracy " at it again .
Old 05-25-2016, 09:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest;1231***
Instead of a place to exchange ideas the forum is a place to state strong, immovable options that have little to do with fact. We in the Villages reflect the US population in that we are very polarized with strong opinions about everything. But there is some entertainment value if nothing else. Anonymous posts are the barrier to intellectual exchange. IMO
Actually...it's the ONLY way to HONEST debate. Pure debate. No societal distractions getting in the way of truth. You don't have to politely hold anything back.

No my friend, this is the only way a gentleman can be honest.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:36 PM
n/a

They are wasted. They explored every nook and cranny possible. They are home doing push ups getting ready for the home stretch. 6 months of B.S. coming up.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
Actually...it's the ONLY way to HONEST debate. Pure debate. No societal distractions getting in the way of truth. You don't have to politely hold anything back.

No my friend, this is the only way a gentleman can be honest.
That is a sad post my friend and confirms my thinking. There are very few gentleman on this forum. PC as you call it has nothing to do with it. It is lack of civility and listening.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
That is a sad post my friend and confirms my thinking. There are very few gentleman on this forum. PC as you call it has nothing to do with it. It is lack of civility and listening.
Neither have anything to do with the truth.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:26 AM
n/a

"Notice the irony of Trump benefitting from the politics of resentment. Billionaires like Trump make off with too much of the nation’s income and wealth, at the expense of ordinary working stiffs. And then Trump puts on his politician’s hat and cashes in on the resentment."

Thinking Harder about Political Correctness

This opinion piece sounds sounds truthful to me. Worth reading no matter what side of the fence you are on.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
"Notice the irony of Trump benefitting from the politics of resentment. Billionaires like Trump make off with too much of the nation’s income and wealth, at the expense of ordinary working stiffs. And then Trump puts on his politician’s hat and cashes in on the resentment."

Thinking Harder about Political Correctness

This opinion piece sounds sounds truthful to me. Worth reading no matter what side of the fence you are on.
So, if Trump "stole" the little people's money, then he should be in jail. Did he steal the money or did he get it legally? And why would any idiot think that the rich should share their wealth? Wealth envy is so unbecoming and immature. NO ONE deserves my money. If I wish to donate my money to others, that is up to me. What I do with my earnings is no elses business but mine and if you suggest that the gov should mandate that I share, then you are an idiot and UN-American. And before you libtards say it, this has NOTHING to do with anyone being a Christian. So, don't try to tell me what a Christian would do when you aren't one.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
If they don't agree with you, they aren't "gentlemen"?????
Old 05-26-2016, 09:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
So, if Trump "stole" the little people's money, then he should be in jail. Did he steal the money or did he get it legally? And why would any idiot think that the rich should share their wealth? Wealth envy is so unbecoming and immature. NO ONE deserves my money. If I wish to donate my money to others, that is up to me. What I do with my earnings is no elses business but mine and if you suggest that the gov should mandate that I share, then you are an idiot and UN-American. And before you libtards say it, this has NOTHING to do with anyone being a Christian. So, don't try to tell me what a Christian would do when you aren't one.
Did you read it?
Old 05-26-2016, 11:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
Did you read it?
Yes, I read that cr@p. Bunch of losers complaining about how they aren't coddled enough. I've got no sympathy for the mentally undisciplined weak that require the assistance of others in order to survive. Let them all fend for themselves and see if they really die, or do they man up and learn to be self-reliant. My neighbor is NOT my responsibility. My neighbor's need is my choice if I wish to assist, not my requirement. PC is mandated manners on steroids. If I say something that offends you, then ignore me, go away, strike out, or defend yourself, but it is NOT a "hate crime." If I say something that makes you cry like a little girl, then you have been protected too much during your lifetime and need to go hide in your home away from folks that don't agree with you.

Trump has the GOP nomination because a large quantity of Americans in this country agree with his saying what's on all of our minds, but have been too intimidated to speak out. If that offends anyone, go cry a river.

The left does not have the franchise on talking trash, and the right will NOT apologize for our parents dropping the big one on Japan. We saved thousands, maybe millions of American lives and that is good enough for me. Besides, they should not have attempted to grab the tail of the tiger by attacking Peal Harbor. Actions have consequences and I see no reason to apologize for it. If anything, they should be apologizing to us every day for attacking us.

PC my @ss! You can take your PC and your Obumbie and bury it where the sun doesn't shine.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Yes, I read that cr@p. Bunch of losers complaining about how they aren't coddled enough. I've got no sympathy for the mentally undisciplined weak that require the assistance of others in order to survive. Let them all fend for themselves and see if they really die, or do they man up and learn to be self-reliant. My neighbor is NOT my responsibility. My neighbor's need is my choice if I wish to assist, not my requirement. PC is mandated manners on steroids. If I say something that offends you, then ignore me, go away, strike out, or defend yourself, but it is NOT a "hate crime." If I say something that makes you cry like a little girl, then you have been protected too much during your lifetime and need to go hide in your home away from folks that don't agree with you.

Trump has the GOP nomination because a large quantity of Americans in this country agree with his saying what's on all of our minds, but have been too intimidated to speak out. If that offends anyone, go cry a river.

The left does not have the franchise on talking trash, and the right will NOT apologize for our parents dropping the big one on Japan. We saved thousands, maybe millions of American lives and that is good enough for me. Besides, they should not have attempted to grab the tail of the tiger by attacking Peal Harbor. Actions have consequences and I see no reason to apologize for it. If anything, they should be apologizing to us every day for attacking us.

PC my @ss! You can take your PC and your Obumbie and bury it where the sun doesn't shine.
This is a quote from the article you read:
"Still, it’s significant that his message hits home with his audience. One reason is that working class and middle class white men have been taking it on the chin for about three decades. Many have had a bellyful of women, blacks, gays, lesbians, transgender people, Muslims, et al, telling them what language they are permitted to use."
Old 05-26-2016, 11:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
This is a quote from the article you read:
"Still, it’s significant that his message hits home with his audience. One reason is that working class and middle class white men have been taking it on the chin for about three decades. Many have had a bellyful of women, blacks, gays, lesbians, transgender people, Muslims, et al, telling them what language they are permitted to use."
It's just a small quote from a larger article. Just because one agrees that it was warmer today than yesterday, does not mean that we both agree on Global Warming. Let's see if that correlation goes over your head.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
It's just a small quote from a larger article. Just because one agrees that it was warmer today than yesterday, does not mean that we both agree on Global Warming. Let's see if that correlation goes over your head.
The article supports your views and mine.

Tags
political, talk, posts, totv, broken

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.