politics - free speech stifled

Old 05-28-2011, 03:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
I was at the square shopping. We were curious that the Tea Party people were allow on the square, and those with Democratic Tee shirts were force to stay on the perimeter. Thought it odd there was a double standard.

You saw FORCE being used ?
Old 05-28-2011, 03:24 PM
n/a

Rags123 if you have lived here any length of time you have experience in one fashion or another exactly how employees of the Developer will react to various situations. While I disagree with what he said VK expressed the Developers logic. My ball my game or go home. Again TV is not a democracy. Say what you will or will what you say but it won't change that fact. Someone else in this thread said it better Love it or leave it. How's that for a philosophy. We can sure continue progress with that diddy
Old 05-28-2011, 03:52 PM
n/a

In order to know what went on here with Rick Scott signing his budget at The Villages - you actually have to be here. If you read the slanderous column in the Orlando Sentinel, you will think that The Villages is filled with greedy old people who do not give a hoot about kids or education. Nothing is further from the truth. Most of our civic groups volunteer a lot of time and donate a boatload of money to schools, youth organizations and functions, food banks, etc.

Secondly, any protesters were asked to move about 100 feet across the street from the town square. It was not far. They could still see and hear just fine.

I do not know if you are seasonal residents, potential Villagers, or just interested in this forum - but to be fully informed - you have to see something firsthand in order to draw the proper conclusion.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
You saw FORCE being used ?
I saw no force being used. I should have used the word allowed. At least they were telling people they were asked to stay on the outside of the square, and that's where they were sitting. The Tea Party people were in the square.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
I saw no force being used. I should have used the word allowed. At least they were telling people they were asked to stay on the outside of the square, and that's where they were sitting. The Tea Party people were in the square.
Forced can be by physical or non physical means. If they were told they had to leave that area, they were forced to leave.
JJ
Old 05-28-2011, 06:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
Richie your assumption of protesters "disrupting" the signing is wrong. Peaceful protest is a right of all Americans regardless of political belief and to defend anyone who takes that away is very scary. I cannot believe some of you defending the security agents just because your politics is different from the protesters. Did you say the same thing about the civil rights and viet nam protesters?
As I posted on the other thread on this topic. I've been to more than a couple, as in many, political events and people with signs never remain inconspicuous. When the event starts they, without exception in my experience, will begin chanting something and trying to be anything but inconspicuous. Protesters from every stripe are led away from the front of the gathering no matter the speakers political party. Do you think the security personnel of the Clinton's, Reid's, or Pelosi's allow protesters to be in the forefront of their appearances? If you do, think again.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:45 PM
n/a

Default I just read the article

in the Orlando paper. It makes Governor Scott out to be a liar and a hypocrite, and residents of The Villages out to be selfish idiots.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.