President Barack Obama on Donald Trump and Other Stuff.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
That's true. Funny how it seems like the majority, both sides, would like to see it gone. I doubt I could find anyone that would want to keep it. I wonder what would be the reasoning for anyone to vote against getting rid of it. It would probably be a good test.
My guess would be that either the D or R would not cooperate with the other party in the fear that it would give an advantage to the other side. Since it would take more than one President's term to vote it through Congress and have it ratified by 3/4 of states in more voting, it probably won't happen.

A term limit amendment for Congressmen has more of a chance of passing before electoral college reform.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:20 PM
n/a

Psst, I have a secret to tell you Republicans. The electoral college give a huge increased benefit to small population states and dilutes the vote of large states. Now, think if you can, what political party is dominant in small population states? Oh, yes it is the GOP. So go ahead and amend the Constitution if you want to damage the chances of GOP national candidates. No electoral college, meet President Al Gore.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Psst, I have a secret to tell you Republicans. The electoral college give a huge increased benefit to small population states and dilutes the vote of large states. Now, think if you can, what political party is dominant in small population states? Oh, yes it is the GOP. So go ahead and amend the Constitution if you want to damage the chances of GOP national candidates. No electoral college, meet President Al Gore.
Dear Guests

If you assume that voter fraud is conceivable than a pure popular vote can be manipulated in favor of one candidate. While I too have questions about the viability of the Electoral Vote today I wonder what we could implement in its place that would provide the kind of fairness, balance and transparency required of our voting system,

This election year is very different than previous years in that there is no incumbent running either president or vice president. Its different because of Trump, Cruz Sanders. At this point is is just plain lunacy as to what's going on. While Trump and Cruz look strong the fact is that pundits do not know anymore than the rest of us. Its still a long way to November and anything can happen but by March 15th or so the country should have a good idea of where voters stand.

As to Obama when he leaves the White House I will think of him no more, unless the rumors floating around come true and he is elected secretary general of the UN then my God the chaos continues because Obama the Terrible will continue his personal battle against America

Personal Best Regards:
Old 01-13-2016, 06:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Psst, do you even understand what you are saying? If there was no electoral vote, then the election would be based solely on popular vote, not state by state, but total vote. It would not matter the make up of how many Dems or Repubs in a county, it would be the total vote. Go with the total majority of votes in the COUNTRY, not by state. I don't care about the idiot Gore now. That is the past. Why is it that Liberals have to live in the past? They sure seem to forget about it when it comes to slavery and women's rights. They were the ones against it. I realize that liberals believe that it is much easier to allow the government to make important decisions for them.

If a Republican wins an election, the Dems always blame it on gerrymandering. They don't want to change the system, because then they will have no excuse for being losers. Another reason is they want to rig the elections by refusing to allow voter ID, which in reality is a constitutional mandate. The constitution says that the voter MUST be a citizen. The only way you can enforce that mandate is to mandate showing proof of citizenship. A voter ID card such as a voter registration card should require U.S. citizenship proof to obtain in order to be constitutional. I am surprised that someone hasn't taken this to the supreme court. Requiring voter ID is not disenfranchising anyone today. Everyone has to provide ID to fly, drive, purchase medicine, purchase alcohol, etc. There is no excuse, regardless of whining from the left.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
If Rubio gets the nomination, it will be Rubio versus Sanders, the communist endorsed by moveon.org. Hillary will be past tense and put out to pasture, finally. And Slick Willie will drop her as if she was a man hating old witch. Hmm, did I say "as if?"
And if Sanders is president, will you leave the country? Maybe you will go into the streets with your 22 and take back the country. What a buffoon.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
And if Sanders is president, will you leave the country? Maybe you will go into the streets with your 22 and take back the country. What a buffoon.
Where did you come up with such a loonie reply like that based on the comment? Do you have a mental issue, because there was no mention of leaving the country or violence. I think everyone reading your comment knows who the "buffoon" really is.

By the way, I gave my 22 to my grandson before I moved down here. Although, he just shot his first ten point buck with a 30-30. Not bad for an 11 year old.

Don't worry, if the country needed to be taken back, a 22 would probably be the last choice of weapons. But, how would a liberal know the difference? Being pacifists, they could hardly be expected to know which end of the gun to point away from themselves.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Sanders won't have a chance to be elected president, so there is no worry at all. He won't get any of the votes from the South.

Will you leave the country if Trump is elected? Will you go into the streets and stomp your feet in a tantrum and protest with the Black Lives Matter cretins? I know you won't take a 22 up, because we know that liberals are more into destroying property and making a lot of noise. Perhaps, you will defecate in public to show those darn conservatives. That's what you did in the Wall St protests.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Sanders won't have a chance to be elected president, so there is no worry at all. He won't get any of the votes from the South.

Will you leave the country if Trump is elected? Will you go into the streets and stomp your feet in a tantrum and protest with the Black Lives Matter cretins? I know you won't take a 22 up, because we know that liberals are more into destroying property and making a lot of noise. Perhaps, you will defecate in public to show those darn conservatives. That's what you did in the Wall St protests.
This is a non-issue for BOTH of you! Sanders will not be the Democrat nominee. Trump will not be the Republican nominee.

Nominees will be Rubio and Clinton.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
This is a non-issue for BOTH of you! Sanders will not be the Democrat nominee. Trump will not be the Republican nominee.

Nominees will be Rubio and Clinton.
Works for me, although it's not yet a sure thing. It's already been decided that Rubio can handily beat Chillery.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
Works for me, although it's not yet a sure thing. It's already been decided that Rubio can handily beat Chillery.
Lots can - and will- happen between now and November. It is going to be very interesting to watch it play out.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
Lots can - and will- happen between now and November. It is going to be very interesting to watch it play out.
I saw something interesting a few days ago, speaking of Rubio and Cruz. The article stated that the Mexican American vote would not be going with either Rubio or Cruz. It seems as though the Mexican Americans do not get along politically with Cuban Americans due to immigration policies as well as cultural differences. The Mexican Americans will stick with Democrats.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
I saw something interesting a few days ago, speaking of Rubio and Cruz. The article stated that the Mexican American vote would not be going with either Rubio or Cruz. It seems as though the Mexican Americans do not get along politically with Cuban Americans due to immigration policies as well as cultural differences. The Mexican Americans will stick with Democrats.
And there are a lot of non mexican democrats that will not if the candidates are Clinton or Sanders.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Of course the illegal Mexicans will vote Democrat. That's a given.

Tags
stuff, white, trump, donald, barack, obama, president

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.