Presidential Approval Ratings

Old 12-17-2016, 06:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Accomplished getting the USA out of the deep recession that Bush got the country into.

The stock market more than doubled! Your 401k looks good now.

Ossama bin Laden killed during his term. Bush could not have done that.

9/11 happened during Bush term.

Trait: great speaker - Bush was not a good speaker.

Bush has a low IQ for a President (110). Obama has 142.
Like I said, name something that OBAMA accomplished. Next thing you will do is divert to giving us a history lesson on Nixon. I do sympathize with you. I bet it is tough trying to produce something good to say about Obama, other than the fact that he seems to have great teeth, that sparkle nicely on late night TV.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:08 AM
n/a

If he did not have the office of POTUS to draw a crowd he would be a no show event......like he was before he came out of the dark corners of Chicago to run for POTUS.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
If he did not have the office of POTUS to draw a crowd he would be a no show event......like he was before he came out of the dark corners of Chicago to run for POTUS.
How do you think someone from the dark corners of Chicago (nice racial inuendo) became a two term President?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2016, 09:33 AM
n/a

Quote:

Do you mean the dark corners of Chicago like the IL state senate and the US Senate?

At this point in 2008, Obama's job approval rating was 78%, which means that 25% of people who did not vote for him thought he was doing a good job.

Obama was too busy in 2008 trying to rescue the economy from destruction to be running around the country giving victory speeches and bashing John McCain. Trump did his own version of this.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Do you mean the dark corners of Chicago like the IL state senate and the US Senate?

At this point in 2008, Obama's job approval rating was 78%, which means that 25% of people who did not vote for him thought he was doing a good job.

Obama was too busy in 2008 trying to rescue the economy from destruction to be running around the country giving victory speeches and bashing John McCain. Trump did his own version of this.
Bradley effect, nothing more
Old 12-17-2016, 09:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
How do you think someone from the dark corners of Chicago (nice racial inuendo) became a two term President?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
The REAL people in power PUT him there?

Come on...he came out of nowhere...literally.

You think "the people have won" because Trump got elected? Trump is there because those in power want him there. Trump will borrow/spend like a mad man! And those in power LOVE that!
Old 12-17-2016, 09:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
How vile this post is....to use God's blessing to allow your labeling by religion and color of skin.

May my heart never turn this gray to label and need some kind of whatever you lack to insure your identity by religion or color of skin.

May my heart never allow a need to know your religion or skin color before approval.

An you wonder why this presidential campaign has awakened and given such hope the white supremicists in this country.

I have read your posts for years, chiding others for hating and judging.....obviously you play a part....you play a role.

There is not one government rule or regulation that comes from Washington DC THAT in anyway would make anyone feel disapproval for their religion or color of skin and saying that is simply, once and for all, assuring the reason you hate, and I feel your hate, the President.

George Bush went out of his way to say exactly what Obama has been saying about both Muslims and blacks and you applauded him as I recall. He delivered the same message and I can only see one difference...he is white.

I oppose just about 100% of Obama policies and have for 8 years, but NEVER thought of reducing it to religion and skin color. That is a shame that you would do this.

Well,

"Trump's decision to name former Breitbart executive Steve Bannon as his chief strategist, telling CNN in interviews they view Bannon as an advocate in the White House for policies they favor.

The leaders of the white nationalist and so-called "alt-right" movement — all of whom vehemently oppose multiculturalism and share the belief in the supremacy of the white race and Western civilization — publicly backed Trump during his campaign for his hardline positions on Mexican immigration, Muslims, and refugee resettlement. Trump has at times disavowed their support. Bannon's hiring, they say, is a signal that Trump will follow through on some of his more controversial policy positions."

White nationalists see advocate in Steve Bannon who will hold Trump to his campaign promises
- CNNPolitics.com

As I struggle to support the Trump upcoming presidency, posts like this and others simply make that more difficult.

I find it impossible to hate this much and to put every human being into a pigeon hole to judge. REALLY????

I can say that no Presidency has ever made me feel like a step child because of religion or skin color. My religion and my feelings toward others is not decided by my President, nor do I expect him to change my soul.

I felt like a stepchild for eight years. Now I can be Christian and white without approval from Washington. We are who we are...all of us. Other people with their hatred and labels don't change that. We didn't ask to be white but we chose to be Christian.

God help us. All of us.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
I felt like a stepchild for eight years. Now I can be Christian and white without approval from Washington. We are who we are...all of us. Other people with their hatred and labels don't change that. We didn't ask to be white but we chose to be Christian.

God help us. All of us.
WOW...color of skin is very important to you obviously, and you cannot even see your OWN hatred.

Not sure how you were given a sign of non approval fron Washington DC , but it appears that YOU need some validation to be considered as better than others because you are white.

If the election of Obama, and he being black invalidated you, and signaled non approval, imagine how those who are not white feel now and have felt through history.BUT then again, they are not YOU who have superiority as your birthright.

Your insinuation by inserting a comment in my post is insulting at best, but I am beginning to understand quite a bit recently about posters who I thought I knew and respected.

As you know very well, I am not black, and not a supporter of President Obama in anyway. If you feel not agreeing with someone's policies requires to hate him because he is black, then sadly I cannot do that. I will continue to disagree with him, and not hate.

Having read your posts for years, and developed respect, I am a bit taken back by seeing qualities I never thought existed.

If you feel hated, not respected, or non approved because of your skin color, I really have no comment for you.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
Accomplished getting the USA out of the deep recession that Bush got the country into.

The stock market more than doubled! Your 401k looks good now.

Ossama bin Laden killed during his term. Bush could not have done that.

9/11 happened during Bush term.

Trait: great speaker - Bush was not a good speaker.

Bush has a low IQ for a President (110). Obama has 142.
There you go again with FACTS! Please knock it off. Now I have to watch more Fox News to spin those facts.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
WOW...color of skin is very important to you obviously, and you cannot even see your OWN hatred.

Not sure how you were given a sign of non approval fron Washington DC , but it appears that YOU need some validation to be considered as better than others because you are white.

If the election of Obama, and he being black invalidated you, and signaled non approval, imagine how those who are not white feel now and have felt through history.BUT then again, they are not YOU who have superiority as your birthright.

Your insinuation by inserting a comment in my post is insulting at best, but I am beginning to understand quite a bit recently about posters who I thought I knew and respected.

As you know very well, I am not black, and not a supporter of President Obama in anyway. If you feel not agreeing with someone's policies requires to hate him because he is black, then sadly I cannot do that. I will continue to disagree with him, and not hate.

Having read your posts for years, and developed respect, I am a bit taken back by seeing qualities I never thought existed.

If you feel hated, not respected, or non approved because of your skin color, I really have no comment for you.

That is a relief. You certainly have some far out ideas.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
[/COLOR][/B]

That is a relief. You certainly have some far out ideas.
Strange. You used to agree with me totally, or at least that is what you said.

I have not changed one iota, except a very lukewarm feeling on our new President, mostly based on his character and lack of transparency, items that you used to agree on.

On the issues, I am the same Bucco (Rags) as always. My personal or political feelings have not budged.

On race, which is suddenly your issue, I have not changed a bit. I recognize the issues you label as race as economic issues, and always have.

So, my "far out ideas", and for my own good, I feel I should clarify, do not include any of the Alt Right, white supremacy, radical Russian views. I still read the media, which suddenly is hated, but I do read, and not simply accept. I do believe, unlike some, the media is vital to our democracy. I believe and have not changed for years in immigration reform that includes what has already begun....tight and nforcement of existing law, but not a vocally claimed Wall, nor the refusal to allow one religion to come to our country.

All how I felt in the past.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
I felt like a stepchild for eight years. Now I can be Christian and white without approval from Washington.
Wow, such an unexpected gift.

While I (and others) long ago saw through your rice paper thin facade of normalcy/decency (I mean really, who needs to 'friend' over 600 people on this site alone? ), for you to finally admit publicly your racism and bigotry...is a welcome surprise.

And sorry, real Christians...don't act and think like you.

Thanks for that.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
Wow, such an unexpected gift.

While I (and others) long ago saw through your rice paper thin facade of normalcy/decency (I mean really, who needs to 'friend' over 600 people on this site alone? ), for you to finally admit publicly your racism and bigotry...is a welcome surprise.

And sorry, real Christians...don't act and think like you.

Thanks for that.

I cannot see how you can interpret this as negative. I am white and I am Christian. You wouldn't quarrel with someone who said "I am black and I am an atheist." Some people are. Or "I am Asian and I am a Jain". Some people are. Whatever a person is is alright if they don't plan harm for another is how I see it. I can't change my race and I want to be a Christian. I don't try to make others be like me. I don't understand your hatred.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Strange. You used to agree with me totally, or at least that is what you said.

I have not changed one iota, except a very lukewarm feeling on our new President, mostly based on his character and lack of transparency, items that you used to agree on.

On the issues, I am the same Bucco (Rags) as always. My personal or political feelings have not budged.

On race, which is suddenly your issue, I have not changed a bit. I recognize the issues you label as race as economic issues, and always have.

So, my "far out ideas", and for my own good, I feel I should clarify, do not include any of the Alt Right, white supremacy, radical Russian views. I still read the media, which suddenly is hated, but I do read, and not simply accept. I do believe, unlike some, the media is vital to our democracy. I believe and have not changed for years in immigration reform that includes what has already begun....tight and nforcement of existing law, but not a vocally claimed Wall, nor the refusal to allow one religion to come to our country.

All how I felt in the past.

It is alright for me to be white. It is alright for people to be the race they are. We all have values that transcend color and even encompass religion or lack of it. If we do not harm, or plan harm, if we pull our own weight and don't break laws, if I take nothing from you, then why are people like me making you upset?
Old 12-17-2016, 04:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
It is alright for me to be white. It is alright for people to be the race they are. We all have values that transcend color and even encompass religion or lack of it. If we do not harm, or plan harm, if we pull our own weight and don't break laws, if I take nothing from you, then why are people like me making you upset?
Wow....YOU are the one...nobody else who suddenly announced how you felt like a stepchild and finally could be white and Christian. Out of the blue, and said it more than once.

People like you, especially you, do not make me mad. I do not discuss race because I find it distasteful to use the color of ones skin one to describe a human being, that I believe was created by God. I just played a few holes if golf with a fellow of Italian descent who happens to have olive colored skin, yet guess what....he is a great guy. Should I think less or more if olive colored skin ?

You do not make me mad. I simply responded because your post on your color and religion spoken like someone who was abused in someway suorised me. I never thought if you in the past as so conscious of skin color or religion, but lots of that recently so maybe it is just the way now.

For me I judge on what you are...you either have changed or were playing a role in the past, and you kept repeating about skin color, etc for some unknown reason.

Not my cup of tea. My Christianity sort of does not like skin color to be used in judging, so there you go.

Again, I was just disappointed as I never heard you even hint at these feelings before...never heard you simply post "we won" etc. just a surprise and disappointment.

My posts, should there be any replying to you will certainly not be as personal. I apologize.

Tags
percent, ratings, approval, presidential

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.