Public Figures; Private People.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:25 PM
n/a

Default Public Figures; Private People.

You have a right to criticize the actions of Presidents of the United States, Senators, Congressmen, Diplomats, Judges, etc. But you do not have the right to make defamatory, harassing and bullying comments about ordinary people on TOTV.

Donald John Trump and his cabinet are fair game. His kids under 18 are not really. Nor would be another poster on TOTV just trying to use this wonderful resource of information for good.

There are laws in Florida against internet harassment and bullying. There are laws against defamation as well. These are especially protective of ordinary people who do not have the resources of Presidents of the United States, Senators, Congressmen, etc. Online Defamation Law | Electronic Frontier Foundation

I hope people will start becoming more civil to one another or you risk this site getting shut down. Trump, Clinton, and others who have put themselves in the limelight and who are protected by security can be criticized especially if much of the media is saying the exact same thing.

Show some decency and cut out all the personal attacks. You are also making all kinds of assumptions when you attack people you do not even know except for what they post online.

Quote:
Is there a difference between reporting on public and private figures?

Yes. A private figure claiming defamation—your neighbor, your roommate, the guy who walks his dog by your favorite coffee shop—only has to prove you acted negligently, which is to say that a "reasonable person" would not have published the defamatory statement.

A public figure must show "actual malice"—that you published with either knowledge of falsity or in reckless disregard for the truth. This is a difficult standard for a plaintiff to meet.
10 Forms of Online Harassment | HowStuffWorks

Working to Halt Online Abuse

The Florida Courts Cyberstalking Laws Checklist- Let us Help You STOP Harassment and Bullying! - Weidner Law

Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine
Old 06-12-2017, 03:35 PM
n/a

I totally agree with your comments. However your words are going to be lost on those who linger in the shadows for the sole purpose of making vile and hateful attacks.

The best remedy is to relegate them to the Ignore List and never never look back. If every poster did that these offenders would only be talking to one another.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 06-14-2017, 03:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
You have a right to criticize the actions of Presidents of the United States, Senators, Congressmen, Diplomats, Judges, etc. But you do not have the right to make defamatory, harassing and bullying comments about ordinary people on TOTV.

Donald John Trump and his cabinet are fair game. His kids under 18 are not really. Nor would be another poster on TOTV just trying to use this wonderful resource of information for good.

There are laws in Florida against internet harassment and bullying. There are laws against defamation as well. These are especially protective of ordinary people who do not have the resources of Presidents of the United States, Senators, Congressmen, etc. Online Defamation Law | Electronic Frontier Foundation

I hope people will start becoming more civil to one another or you risk this site getting shut down. Trump, Clinton, and others who have put themselves in the limelight and who are protected by security can be criticized especially if much of the media is saying the exact same thing.

Show some decency and cut out all the personal attacks. You are also making all kinds of assumptions when you attack people you do not even know except for what they post online.

10 Forms of Online Harassment | HowStuffWorks

Working to Halt Online Abuse

The Florida Courts Cyberstalking Laws Checklist- Let us Help You STOP Harassment and Bullying! - Weidner Law

Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine
Bringing this up yet again.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:18 PM
n/a

Is it OK to "want" elected officials dead? Is that civil and decent?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2017, 04:22 PM
n/a

Quote:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
That was someone else. Why do you people keep bringing that up? She deleted that message. I wanted to find out who wrote that and why. That's how come I defending her. She does have US Constitutional Rights too.

Again? What does that have to do with anything? It is a different subject.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
Why don't you ask your butt-buddy MOCPD...as he's made a plethora of posts calling for Hillary's death.

Oh wait, that's right, being flaming, low class hypocrites/liars that you and your ilk usually are...y'all would never think of doing that.

But to answer your question, no decent person would advocate, or wish, that another human die or be killed...because of their politics/gender/religion/ethnicity/etc.

That is supposed to be what separates us...from other life forms on this rock.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 06-15-2017, 09:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Why don't you ask your butt-buddy MOCPD...as he's made a plethora of posts calling for Hillary's death.

Oh wait, that's right, being flaming, low class hypocrites/liars that you and your ilk usually are...y'all would never think of doing that.

But to answer your question, no decent person would advocate, or wish, that another human die or be killed...because of their politics/gender/religion/ethnicity/etc.

That is supposed to be what separates us...from other life forms on this rock.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Other than the terrorists and scumbag criminals, I have never advocated the violent, unlawful deaths of anyone. But, you are a Troll and your job is to stir up trouble. Show me where I advocated for the violent, unlawful death of Hillary. Not that anyone would miss her. But, as always you enjoy stirring the pot, like the coward sissy you are. Then again, you are protected like all liberals. You are a needy bunch that would not exist if not for the charity of the conservatives that remain civil, even when pukes like Schumer, Clinton, Pelosi, etc. run their mouths like spoiled children protected by their mothers.

Anytime you wish to have a civil discussion on the Political Forum, I welcome it. Even though, I doubt that will ever happen. And any time you wish to disparage the President of the United States, I will be there to put you in your place, back under the rock where you live.

You liberals cry about the big meanies on the right, and yet make excuses for the violence that YOU and your liberal Celebrities encourage. Well, Trump got down in the gutter with your side and fought a lone battle and won against the odds, at your own game. Don't cry when the right starts fighting back in kind, also. And if the Republicans in congress don't start fighting the bullying tactics of the left, I'll be changing my registration to Independent. I'll never vote for a liberal, but the GOP will not have my support, if they do not grow a pair and start putting their foot down.

But, back to you lil' Can't No More, quit your crying and go play with the other sissies on the classified section or complain about the gates, or speed bumps. You are not discussing political issues. You are a TROLL that does not belong in the Villages.

Please threaten to put me on your ignore list. I get a real laugh when someone threatens to do that.

Tags
people, totv, private, figures;, public

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.