Question about forum

Old 04-11-2017, 06:18 PM
n/a

Default Question about forum

We have "situations" around the world at present.

.....We have so many different versions of the US policy on Syria. The UN ambassador, the Secy of state, and the White House press Secy have offered with 24 hours of each other, different versions of what our plans or policy is in Syria. Is this good, meaning the President campaigned clearly on not intervening, but that seems to be changing. Is this, what appears to be confusion actually the Presidents plan ?

.....Today, the president threatened North KOrea, saying if China does not help, the USA will take care of them in their own. Another departure from Trumps message of non intervention, and involving nuclear weapons.

.....It appears Russia was deeply involved in the gassing in Syria. Our Ambassadoe has had harsh words, the Secy of state now is talking tough, but the President remains silent.

.....Healthcare appears to be returning to the back burner once again, a stalwart if tgecTrump campaign.

.....Lots of discussion once again on AUMF.....Syria, ISIS, N Korea, and even Iran Ned to be discussed, or does the current AUMF handle anything he wants to do ?

All these things, and this forum is dedicated to none of this topics. Most discussion is about who is hated and who is not.

There is no time, thought or effort on any current issues facing the country.

Is this the Political Forum representing TOTV and The Villages ?
Old 04-11-2017, 07:25 PM
n/a

I appoint Rockface to represent TOTV and The Villages...can I get a second?

I believe there is a lot of hate for Trump on here. Nobody has anything positive to post, not even you Rockface.

Instead it's non stop whining and insults back and forth. I have no problem with insults, just can't stand whining.

An example of how things go when I try to converse: Somebody said Trump is not going to improve race relations, I asked if he could share what Obamma did to improve them in the last 8 years- no response. Not even "obamma did nothing but I expect Trump to fix it quickly...

Another poster on here took her spouse to Costa Rica for dental implants. She is always talking about helping the needy, so I asked why not just get the implants in the USA and that way some tax would be collected to help the needy? - no response...

Ol Don is the only guy that does a good job backing up his opinions and claims. And he responds to posts directed toward him. When he talks about things other than race - I can see real intelligence. He does not post paragraphs of someone else's word...

When you post paragraphs of someone else's words bolding what you feel we must read - I lose interest immediately. If you got something to say (your own thoughts) do it. Let me decide what I want to read outside the forum. Not suggesting that posts that contain a link is not right, just the copy and pasting of paragraphs is boring.

I doubt anything will change on here till the media stops fueling the resistance followers with the anti Trump crap.

So, I guess just more insults for now...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2017, 07:59 PM
n/a

There is so much hatred in the world right now. I don't care which side of the political fence you sit on, the people who post on the TOTV political forum are your neighbors and friends. The name calling and insults don't foster a willingness to discuss the issues or the solutions. I would like to think adults who are nearing the end of their lives could commit to problem solving, not name calling. We learned that skill in Kindergarten. I think it is high time to start practicing what we expect from our kids and grandkids: respect for one another.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2017, 08:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
I appoint Rockface to represent TOTV and The Villages...can I get a second?

I believe there is a lot of hate for Trump on here. Nobody has anything positive to post, not even you Rockface.

Instead it's non stop whining and insults back and forth. I have no problem with insults, just can't stand whining.

An example of how things go when I try to converse: Somebody said Trump is not going to improve race relations, I asked if he could share what Obamma did to improve them in the last 8 years- no response. Not even "obamma did nothing but I expect Trump to fix it quickly...

Another poster on here took her spouse to Costa Rica for dental implants. She is always talking about helping the needy, so I asked why not just get the implants in the USA and that way some tax would be collected to help the needy? - no response...

Ol Don is the only guy that does a good job backing up his opinions and claims. And he responds to posts directed toward him. When he talks about things other than race - I can see real intelligence. He does not post paragraphs of someone else's word...

When you post paragraphs of someone else's words bolding what you feel we must read - I lose interest immediately. If you got something to say (your own thoughts) do it. Let me decide what I want to read outside the forum. Not suggesting that posts that contain a link is not right, just the copy and pasting of paragraphs is boring.

I doubt anything will change on here till the media stops fueling the resistance followers with the anti Trump crap.

So, I guess just more insults for now...

LOL.

Rocky makes some very astute observations about the avoidance of 'POLITICAL' topics in favor of personal insults and simply being nosy...and you immediately prove him correct.

As for me, I choose what personal info to share, because there are some extremely nosy, nasty people here...that don't need to know.

But, I'll answer your whiney, nosey little question/comment...this one time.

We DID spend money on a Florida dental surgeon...after the expensive mess in Costa Rica.

To the total tune of right at $50K...JUST in Florida.

All due to a very serious medical issue...not vanity.

And as far as what I do to help the less fortunate, I sleep very well at night knowing I'm certainly doing my share as well as (based on your statements and demonstrated attitude)....your share also.

So go ahead and try to get a few weeks of your typical attempt at bullying from this personal info, because you should have figured out by now...It doesn't work with me.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 04-11-2017, 08:56 PM
n/a

I would not say that the people on the Political Forum represent anyone I have met in person here in the Villages.

These are extremes for the most part. Graciegirl and I are number 1 and 2 respectively for the number of posts on TOTV so we are fairly well known to some but most of the others are anonymous so they can say pretty much anything they want with no threat of consequences.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:53 AM
n/a

Nobody wants to know you Wackadoodle...go get a job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2017, 06:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignorant(unt View Post

We DID spend money on a Florida dental surgeon...after the expensive mess in Costa Rica.

To the total tune of right at $50K...JUST in Florida.

All due to a very serious medical issue...not vanity.

And as far as what I do to help the less fortunate, I sleep very well at night knowing I'm certainly doing my share as well as (based on your statements and demonstrated attitude)....your share also.

So go ahead and try to get a few weeks of your typical attempt at bullying from this personal info

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Why did you opt to go to Costa Rica in the first place? I mean you say it was expensive there, and then you spent 50K in Florida...this is sounding a lot like the $100 donation to the zoo's charity...Or am I missing something?

Your share? Is there a limit on how much, or less, you can help the needy? Do you say "I gave that street bum $10 last week for food, he looks hungry again, but I already gave my share"?
Or, possibly you explain to the street bum that you just spent a lot of money on the spouse's teeth, so you can't help him this week, but your not going to lose any sleep over it...

By the way; I believe you mentioned your terrific health care insurance in another thread, do you not have coverage for serious medical issues that require surgery?? Maybe you meant to say your insurance paid 50K...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2017, 09:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Why did you opt to go to Costa Rica in the first place? I mean you say it was expensive there, and then you spent 50K in Florida...this is sounding a lot like the $100 donation to the zoo's charity...Or am I missing something?

Your share? Is there a limit on how much, or less, you can help the needy? Do you say "I gave that street bum $10 last week for food, he looks hungry again, but I already gave my share"?
Or, possibly you explain to the street bum that you just spent a lot of money on the spouse's teeth, so you can't help him this week, but your not going to lose any sleep over it...

By the way; I believe you mentioned your terrific health care insurance in another thread, do you not have coverage for serious medical issues that require surgery?? Maybe you meant to say your insurance paid 50K...
Wrong again.

I'm not going to even bother correcting your ignorance, but if you did a little research you would find that there are a number of 'medical' issues...that are only covered by very specific dental insurance.

So sorry to expose your ignorance and nosiness again...but you'll just have to live with it.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:39 AM
n/a

You said it was not cosmetic and it was a serious medical condition...that would fall under medical (not dental)... more ignorance and lies from the (unt!

Old 04-12-2017, 03:14 PM
n/a

Cat got your tongue?? Come on Mr big charitable contributer with a loud mouth and terrific health care insurance life... let's here some more of your lies of why you took you wife to Costa Rica and spent 50k in Fl...

Old 04-12-2017, 10:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
Cat got your tongue?? Come on Mr big charitable contributer with a loud mouth and terrific health care insurance life... let's here some more of your lies of why you took you wife to Costa Rica and spent 50k in Fl...

Your massive insecurity and jealousy, while slightly amusing in a pathetic sort of manner, are your problems...not mine.

Deepest Sincere Wishes :
Old 04-12-2017, 10:46 PM
n/a

Quote:

Your massive insecurity and jealousy, while slightly amusing in a pathetic sort of manner, are your problems...not mine.

Deepest Sincere Wishes :
You have dirtbag pegged well.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:18 AM
n/a

So I read in detail 12 posts, then read them again and I am wondering what any of the 12 posts contain have anything to do with the thread's theme "questions about forum"? another political talk thread goes down in flames.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-13-2017, 05:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
So I read in detail 12 posts, then read them again and I am wondering what any of the 12 posts contain have anything to do with the thread's theme "questions about forum"? another political talk thread goes down in flames.

Personal Best Regards:
And yours made it 13...flaming, bloviating hypocritic.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 04-13-2017, 06:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
You have dirtbag pegged well.
It's not exactly a challenge.

Tags
appears, forum, president, question

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.