Ranting/ catv

Old 02-12-2015, 02:04 PM
n/a

Default Ranting/ catv

Instead of ranting about something you can do absolutely nothing about why not harness this Republican bastion's power for something good? Today I had it with dish networks deceptive billing practice. Every month they try and overcharge me 30 percent and every month I have a 30 minute phone call to "straighten" it out. Each time they assure me it is fixed and won't happen again.

Today I contacted the Fl Public Service Comission. Even though tv providers are regulated by them they don't handle complaints. I was referred to Fl dept of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs. I filed a complaint online, followed up with an email to Adam Putnam asking specifically what he was doing to handle this ongoing problem. The reason for the e mail was during a phone call to this office the rep actually laughed when I asked that question. His exact response was you could file the same complaint with ANY CATV or Satellite provider and it would be the same. Obviously they are deeply aware of this but refuse to address the problem on a grand scale. Time to get our local legislator and governor to stand up for us consumers for once!
Old 02-12-2015, 02:27 PM
n/a

Why is this in the political forum, other that using the prohibited word Republican? Seems a general complaint about billing and offers a course of action taken by Guest.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Why is this in the political forum, other that using the prohibited word Republican? Seems a general complaint about billing and offers a course of action taken by Guest.
Sometimes folks just spend a lot of time finding ways to call names or insult. That is the political discussion of some !!!!
Old 02-12-2015, 02:30 PM
n/a

Exactly. Admin can we move this thread to the proper forum. It is indeed very valuable information that should be shared under the heading of general discussion
Old 02-12-2015, 02:46 PM
n/a

I thought it fit the political arena as it is basically asking elected officials to act on behalf of consumers. I didn't want to stir anything up on the other topics. Whatever admin likes is fine with me but as a footnote to the original post the fl dept of Agriculture and consumer affairs has SEVERAL case workers working full time resolving complaints with just tv providors. Seems like a waste of valuable taxpayer money to me and it doesn't really address the issue.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:48 PM
n/a

Default What

Quote:
Sometimes folks just spend a lot of time finding ways to call names or insult. That is the political discussion of some !!!!
Is the insult? This is admittedly a Republican bastion and most are proud of it. I don't get it pls explain.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Is the insult? This is admittedly a Republican bastion and most are proud of it. I don't get it pls explain.
I suppose what stands out to me is that in my own personal life, whether it has to do with cable bills or whatever, I can honestly say that a political party is NOT the first thing that comes to my mind at all. Fact is, there are a very limited set of things that I might encounter that would conjure up Republican or Democrat.

BUT I am not looking to blame everything on a political party, nor applaud everything based on a political party.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:02 PM
n/a

I just received a response and unable to cut and paste it here.. They(dept of consumer affairs) say since the laws of deregulation went into effect in 2007, they have absolutely no control over billing or buisness practices by any of these providors.

Looks like we are on our own.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:07 PM
n/a

Default No intent

Quote:
I suppose what stands out to me is that in my own personal life, whether it has to do with cable bills or whatever, I can honestly say that a political party is NOT the first thing that comes to my mind at all. Fact is, there are a very limited set of things that I might encounter that would conjure up Republican or Democrat.

BUT I am not looking to blame everything on a political party, nor applaud everything based on a political party.
To blame any party. It is a fact that the villages are a large republican voting block. It is a fact that Adam Putnam and our governor are Republicans. I know there is political "juice" available in the villages and would love a little payback for the support provided these elected officials that would help us all. I think you are being overly sensitive. Btw it was not the first thing that came to mind, it was fourth on my list of actions to take.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:12 PM
n/a

Should one conclude that in Miami with all the Democratic juice there are no such problems?

Just counterpointing a smart a$$ comment with another one.

The use of a political party in the opening sentence is nothing more than the usual bait sniping.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Should one conclude that in Miami with all the Democratic juice there are no such problems?

The use of a political party in the opening sentence is nothing more than the usual bait sniping.
Not even well disguised.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:30 PM
n/a

Default You

Quote:

My friend are so far off you are unbelievable. Miami has so many problems no party can help. To say that any party doesn't help its constituents is assinine at the least and ignorant at best! There is no intent on trashing the Republicans , when I do that you will be the first to know!
Old 02-12-2015, 07:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
My friend are so far off you are unbelievable. Miami has so many problems no party can help. To say that any party doesn't help its constituents is assinine at the least and ignorant at best! There is no intent on trashing the Republicans , when I do that you will be the first to know!
Not what was intended whatsoever.
Also there was no implication of trashing either party.
Be happy in whatever thoughts keep you happy......however try not to rephrase or restate another's intentions to facilitate it!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:11 AM
n/a

Based on the response we can only conclude there is no concern whatsoever of the real issue. That is there is no protection from these crooked tv providors by our state government, and no one really cares as long as they pay their franchise fees. This forum chooses to make it strictly partisan and defensive. This is why this country cannot resolve a darn thing, defensiveness!
Old 02-13-2015, 10:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
Based on the response we can only conclude there is no concern whatsoever of the real issue. That is there is no protection from these crooked tv providors by our state government, and no one really cares as long as they pay their franchise fees. This forum chooses to make it strictly partisan and defensive. This is why this country cannot resolve a darn thing, defensiveness!
1. Can you share specifically how you are overcharged ? Under what description is it billed ? Hard to comment without any facts.

2. You mention that they say it is fixed at times. How do they explain it to you when you call ? Hard to comment with so little information.

3. It was never made clear what the "ongoing problem" might be...could you elaborate ?

This is why readers feel you are simply trolling in a political way.

Also will ask, why you might not share this on the public forum to see if there are folks with the same problem ?????

You bash party...government officials and then bash posters for not responding AS YOU WISH THEY WOULD, but you give no information on which they may comment !

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.