Recess Appointment?

Old 07-26-2017, 08:18 PM
n/a

Default Recess Appointment?

Congress will be taking their August recess very soon.

During the recess period, it has been speculated that Trump will fire AG Sessions. He would then use his recess appointment authority to appoint another Attorney General. No confirmation from Congress required for this action. The new AG could then fire Robert Mueller thus quashing the Russian-Trump collusion investigation.

What would be the outcome of such a scenario?
Old 07-26-2017, 08:20 PM
n/a

Good, hope it's rudi Giuliani, he already has things in motion for RICO proceedings for the Clinton crime family
Old 07-26-2017, 08:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Congress will be taking their August recess very soon.

During the recess period, it has been speculated that Trump will fire AG Sessions. He would then use his recess appointment authority to appoint another Attorney General. No confirmation from Congress required for this action. The new AG could then fire Robert Mueller thus quashing the Russian-Trump collusion investigation.

What would be the outcome of such a scenario?
Democrats have said very clearly that they will use every method to not allow that....using the pro forma trick mastered in the last eight years by Repubs.

Secondly, if he fires Sessions, the dep AG will not be a friend, and if there is a fight over a new AG, it will be nasty.

Thus, my opinion, he will not try, and the Dems will pull out all stops.

My questions is.....what the hell is this President thinking ? Is he trying to fire all Americans with a moral compass trying to find a person who will kisstge ring ?
Old 07-27-2017, 10:21 AM
n/a

Kind of amazing, isn't it? A thread get started on an actual political issue - not some whining crap - and only two posters chime in.

This is supposed to be political discussion and not just piling on the Trump supporters or on liberals. Let's hear some actual discussion without going down a rabbit hole of name calling or diverting to off the topic crap.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Kind of amazing, isn't it? A thread get started on an actual political issue - not some whining crap - and only two posters chime in.

This is supposed to be political discussion and not just piling on the Trump supporters or on liberals. Let's hear some actual discussion without going down a rabbit hole of name calling or diverting to off the topic crap.
You made a GUESS about something YOU think may happen...and you're mad because nobody else cares?

Talk about the Mexicanization of America if you want to talk about a SERIOUS political problem. Talk about how only 45% of new babies born in Florida are white. Talk about the problems affirmative action and quotas causes to society and to our economy.

So what...Trump fires the corrupt Sessions and hires another corrupt crook to replace him.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Democrats have said very clearly that they will use every method to not allow that....using the pro forma trick mastered in the last eight years by Repubs.

Secondly, if he fires Sessions, the dep AG will not be a friend, and if there is a fight over a new AG, it will be nasty.

Thus, my opinion, he will not try, and the Dems will pull out all stops.

My questions is.....what the hell is this President thinking ? Is he trying to fire all Americans with a moral compass trying to find a person who will kiss his ring ?
You have just nailed Trump's mentality.

That even 35% of Americans actually think this is OK...is simply mind boggling and disgusting.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:03 PM
n/a

Quote:

You nailed it......that is what "BUGS" me about this forum. The complete lack of informed posters and folks who care about the country first and foremost.

As I said earlier, I do not see this happening......he is making a terrible mistake now, and that would compound it seriously.

Compound it not only politically out side the WH, but imagine.....Sessions has been true to the Trump marching orders as Attorney General and been a good soldier. If you work in the WH, you might wonder......gee, he and he alone wants loyalty and I am doing this for the country....
Old 07-27-2017, 01:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
You nailed it......that is what "BUGS" me about this forum. The complete lack of informed posters and folks who care about the country first and foremost.

As I said earlier, I do not see this happening......he is making a terrible mistake now, and that would compound it seriously.

Compound it not only politically out side the WH, but imagine.....Sessions has been true to the Trump marching orders as Attorney General and been a good soldier. If you work in the WH, you might wonder......gee, he and he alone wants loyalty and I am doing this for the country....

Imagine this! I don't agree with you. I believe that Trump will try for the recess appointment. If the pro forma plan is not successful, Trump will do the firing and new appointment (Guiliani?) almost simultaneously. Lindsey Graham did say that there would be Hell to pay - but I think Trump believes he is invincible. Terrible situation to actually be (almost) rooting for Jeff Sessions.

But, this is just my thought. You may be entirely right. Your qualifications and background outweigh me.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
Imagine this! I don't agree with you. I believe that Trump will try for the recess appointment. If the pro forma plan is not successful, Trump will do the firing and new appointment (Guiliani?) almost simultaneously. Lindsey Graham did say that there would be Hell to pay - but I think Trump believes he is invincible. Terrible situation to actually be (almost) rooting for Jeff Sessions.
Okay.....shocked that you do not agree with me

You could be right, BUT if he does that he will lose so many Republicans as well as the Democrats and not sure ANYONE could be confirmed under those circumstances. I cannot see enough votes for any candidate to replace.

Meanwhile, I just want to point out that this would again be anti USA because it would put a stop to ANYTHING that the County needs. The whole country and congress would be caught up once again in a Trump manufactured soap opera.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:10 PM
n/a

I believe the key word in the original post is "SPECULATION"
Old 07-28-2017, 05:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by (unt View Post
You have just nailed Trump's mentality.

That even 35% of Americans actually think this is OK...is simply mind boggling and disgusting.
I believe your hero (Crooked Hillary) said they were "deplorables"...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2017, 06:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag
I believe your hero (Crooked Hillary) said they were "deplorables"...
You're lying again...but what's new with that?

She said 'half' of them are in the basket of 'deplorables.'

And yes...you are one of them.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by (unt View Post
You're lying again...but what's new with that?

She said 'half' of them are in the basket of 'deplorables.'

And yes...you are one of them. :
Lying? Like claiming to make $100 donation to charity??

Your hero (Crooked Hillary) lost the election...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2017, 07:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag
Lying? Like claiming to make $100 donation to charity??

Your hero (Crooked Hillary) lost the election...

I donate more than twice that amount every month to honest charities, using this as a guide (Charity Navigator - Your Guide To Intelligent Giving | Home) and also to other great causes...such as the Southern Poverty Law Center and the American Humanist Association (love their logo).

That the zoo I sent the $100 to refused to name one of their apes after you in their contest, in no way reflects a discouragement on my part...that I at least tried.

Liar.

As for Hillary, yes she lost the electoral college (while winning by almost 3 MILLION the popular vote)...and therefore is not the POTUS.

But in hindsight, watching the clown act currently in the White House and the ignorant things they do on a daily basis...is actually quite a nice consolation prize.

So thanks for that.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 07-28-2017, 07:26 AM
n/a

Once again, the Trump supporters try the Alinsky tactic of diverting the topic of discussion.

The topic is a very probable recess appointment situation.

Trump thinks he is Dictator of the USA and can do whatever he wants. However, even a Republican Congress is starting to stand up to him.

Tags
fire

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.