Religious Freedom Law

Old 03-30-2015, 06:34 PM
n/a

I'd like to thank the governor of Conn. Today he banned state sponsored travel to the bigoted state of Indiana. I love it when these idiots ( gov of Indianna) make national attention, then real changes can happen, outside the gerrymandered fiefdoms created by these same BIGOTS!
Old 03-30-2015, 07:09 PM
n/a

How does a religious freedom law equate with bigotry? Are the critics saying that all muslims discriminate against Christians? Or, that black Christians discriminate against white ones? Based on the brilliant commentary of posts, should I conclude that anyone who disagrees with avant-garde social thought, i.e. homosexuality is normal, all whites are racists, is a bigot?
Old 03-30-2015, 07:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I saw it and am completely and totally underwhelmed with the insignificance of it. Whoa... a baker refuses to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding. Seriously, that's what's got your panties in a wad? A gay wedding cake?

Here's a suggestion for the homosexual couple: GO TO ANOTHER BAKERY! You know, one of the 10,000 others in town... grocery stores, bakeries, Costco, Sam's club, private citizens...

If the baker is super religious and his religion says no cakes for homosexuals, I don't see how it's fair to force the little baker guy to bake a cake he doesn't want to bake. It's not like there aren't a ton of other options here.

Where does it stop? Who else can they exclude? The laws in this country are quite clear, and have been settled for decades. Once a person opens a business to the public, that person must serve the entire public. He/she doesn't get to decide who they will serve and who to exclude.

If the little baker guy doesn't want to bake a cake for homosexuals or lesbians, maybe he should find another line of work.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:46 PM
n/a

Mike Pence's name has been thrown around as presidentual candidate, kiss that good-by. This knuckle dragger thinking is why Obama won a second term and Hilary will win her 1st. But let's keep cheering Ted Cruz on.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Who else can they exclude? The laws in this country are quite clear, and have been settled for decades. Once a person opens a business to the public, that person must serve the entire public. He/she doesn't get to decide who they will serve and who to exclude.
I think you don't understand the law. The law precisely allows our little baker to not be forced to bake a cake for a homosexual couple if it's against his religious beliefs. So NO, Mr. Baker does NOT have to serve the "entire public" and he doesn't need to find another line of work. The homosexual couple need to find another baker!
Old 03-31-2015, 09:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
I think you don't understand the law. The law precisely allows our little baker to not be forced to bake a cake for a homosexual couple if it's against his religious beliefs. So NO, Mr. Baker does NOT have to serve the "entire public" and he doesn't need to find another line of work. The homosexual couple need to find another baker!

The idea of government compelling even one poor conservative baker to bake a cake is too much. But they're fine with denying all gay people the right to marry.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
The idea of government compelling even one poor conservative baker to bake a cake is too much. But they're fine with denying all gay people the right to marry.
Yes but this country is still so unfair, discriminatory and just plain rotten it makes me want to burst into tears. If you can believe it, I am still not allowed to marry my dog or cat. When is someone going to finally address this issue??
Old 03-31-2015, 10:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
In other words a "safe haven" for bigots.
Ah yes, thanks first for the obligatory leftie name calling … no post would be complete without it.

I would term it a haven for people of faith who seek relief from having their beliefs invalidated by the gay mafia who continue to move the bar on what’s normal and what’s not, and then use the strong arm of the state to shove it down their throats, metaphorically speaking.

This fake issue is simply a continuation of the Left’s continual assault on religion, most specifically of the Judeo-Christian variety. The basic law was signed by Bill Clinton and supported by Obama as a state senator in the mid 90s. But, it’s no longer PC, hence must be taken out by the compliant media leviathan with parroting of the type you so eloquently exemplify
Old 03-31-2015, 11:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
Ah yes, thanks first for the obligatory leftie name calling … no post would be complete without it.

I would term it a haven for people of faith who seek relief from having their beliefs invalidated by the gay mafia who continue to move the bar on what’s normal and what’s not, and then use the strong arm of the state to shove it down their throats, metaphorically speaking.

This fake issue is simply a continuation of the Left’s continual assault on religion, most specifically of the Judeo-Christian variety. The basic law was signed by Bill Clinton and supported by Obama as a state senator in the mid 90s. But, it’s no longer PC, hence must be taken out by the compliant media leviathan with parroting of the type you so eloquently exemplify

Has the public's attitude toward same-sex marriage changed since the 1990's? You bet it has. How many states allowed same-sex marriage in the 1990's? Zero. Massachusetts was the first state under then Gov Mitt Romney back in 2006.

Gov Mike Pence abhors discrimination. How then can he be against same-sex marriage?
Old 03-31-2015, 01:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
I admit I probably don't understand exactly how this law was intended to work but still believe the knuckle dragging contingency in alive and very well in the Republican party. They will throw away another election that should be a chip shot as they did in 2012. Romney should be president today but driven to hard to right by this group. Go Ted Cruz
Old 03-31-2015, 02:10 PM
n/a

Ahah! The secret is out. All any party has to do is roll over and support everything that is proposed, offending no one. How could the democrats allow other parties to gain this knowledge.

Dag nab it. Now that the lid has been lifted we can all join in the sucess.
It is gonna be tougher to decide who to vote for after this revelation takes hold.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:59 PM
n/a

I see where Tim Cook, speaking for Apple, criticized the new law in Indiana. I also heard Apple is about to start selling iPhones in Saudi Arabia and then possibly Iran

So let me get this straight ...a homosexual in Indiana may have to shop around for a wedding cake but in either Islamic country that same homosexual will either be beheaded or stoned to death simply for existing.

Is it possible that Apples priorities and selective criticism are completely screwed up?? Just askin ...
Old 03-31-2015, 06:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
Yes but this country is still so unfair, discriminatory and just plain rotten it makes me want to burst into tears. If you can believe it, I am still not allowed to marry my dog or cat. When is someone going to finally address this issue??
You, my friend, are a knuckle dragging Tea Party reject.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:31 AM
n/a

Religion has brought comfort to billions over the years and that was a good thing. Now with technology, the only way faith can continue is by selecting ONE religious belief for the entire world,
OR
Religion is on the path to distroy the earth. Most religions encourage loving and helping your brothers and sisters, yet, the most violent and despicable acts are committed or at least supported by those that are believers in some form of God.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:11 AM
n/a

This screenshot kind of sums it up for me.

uploadfromtaptalk1427890069443.jpg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.